[Closed] Printing and shipment of Near Metaverse magazine

So what is next, the poll expired after two votes, one like and another dislike. Marketing DAO council members didn’t vote evne though i repeatedly brought it to their knowing of the need to.

Where do we go from here @David_NEAR

1 Like

Hey,

IMO, it didn’t reach quorum on Astro, nor has it met it on the forum.

Consequently, it won’t move forward in its current state.

It was in its seeking quorum that made it move from the forum into astro and you personally made that happen yourself. Quorum can only be sought from one singular plane of resolution. This also points a little to the unseriousness on the part of members of the Marketing DAO councils, many of whom commented on the project but couldn’t vote a position, i have responded to all members of the Marketing DAO, on the forum and in the online meeting we had. Why then do they not take a stand when it was time for voting? That is practically undemocratic and un-DAO like. Shall i write a report to the NEAR Foundation about this blockchain inconsistency?

The reason the Council wanted to move it to Astro is to demonstrate the lack of quorum on-chain. To that, it achieved its goal.

Anyone is welcome to abstain from any vote.

if the council voted to move it to Astro, that is collective consensus reached by the DAO? And if after a collective consensus agreement to an effect, does it not imply a collective responsibility to see the resolution of that “effect” through?
If this “effect” is to vote on a project previously agreed upon by the council to be voted on, Then it sure demands the collective responsibility of the council to oblige to the previously agreed collective consensus agreement

I would not say that anyone is welcome to abstain from any vote that they “voted” to be voted on

I made clear why we moved it to Astro in the original message:

They are, nobody can be forced to vote either way. Nobody voted to vote on the poll (vote-ception :eye: ), we agreed that it would be a clear way to show consensus (in this case, lack of) on-chain rather than requiring community and council members to trawl through this already long post.

If a poll does not receive 50% or more of Council approval, then it fails. It’s the same result, ultimately, as it being rejected. That being, the funding is not approved.

Thanks for your time david

1 Like

Hi JohnX I understand that you are disappointed that funding for your project was not approved.

As you know, we agreed to a zoom meeting with you to discuss your project with myself and our two professional Advisors.

The Advisors and DAO council members have all voiced their concerns about your project in the Forum.

Suggestions were made on ways that your proposal could be changed to fit the Marketing DAO funding goals.

Our job as Marketing DAO council members is to move forward proposals in a timely manner. Every proposer can submit their project to be voted on Astro.

The voting system gives each council member the possibility to vote for or against, or abstain.

Your proposal did not receive 50% of the votes and therefore funding was not approved.

1 Like

Thank you so much, Yes I was a little not comfortable with it, because I wanted to do a lot for the NEAR Magazine’s Legacy and have some NEAR to hold for myself.

Nevertheless I appreciate the DAO’s effort in evaluating the proposal …

We shall meet soon enough in love again

2 Likes