[Closed] Printing and shipment of Near Metaverse magazine

Thank you @cryptocredit

Let me address your observation about Decentralization. Yes, we are in age of blockchains and DAOs, a shift that aims to realign power from a centralized architecture and share it on a Peer-to-Peer Basis, its a very beautiful concept and it has me as a staunch enthusiast. But i would like to quickly remind you my dear friend, in as much as Decentralization is a very interesting concept that people like us are pushing for its mainstream adoption and practice, we should not forget that it is still a governance architecture that has not been accepted by mainstream reasoning. States and centralized authorities are not bulging to this concept yet and even crypto in itself is being sniffed with suspicion by these centralized authorities. In a nutshell, Decentralization is a concept that we all are gradually easing our way into, we are not fully there yet, this gospel can only catch on gradually before we reach the promised land, so in the meantime we can only but manage the pearls of benefit that decentralization affords people like us.

Note: Just like a faithful on a spiritual path, he has to learn and be guided by a master{s) in practice and diligence before mastery is attained and this takes “TIME”

So as regards the disconnect between NEAR as a decentralized crypto project and the reality of spending up to $40 for shipping the magazine worldwide from one location, i would like to address your concern from the premise of two probable perspectives

• The Metaverse DAO came to a consensus of the magazine being shipped from one location and the task being assigned to one individual so as to approximate costs to a standard and for stratification make the project for concise and prudently organized. The bulk fell to one person after members of the DAO considered the printing, shipping and tax conditions in their country and also their personal availability to execute the project, my fellow Metaverse DAO council members @thephilosopher @gushlewis can attest to this consensus. So the concept of shipping these magazines from one location came from a consensus that was “decentralization oriented”.

• Contracting printing and shipping facilities within each country of request is not cost feasible my dear brother. First off, these companies would charge significantly high for printing one single magazine (it is a given for print companies to charge far less for a project being printed in bulk since it offsets their cost of production for multiple output). This would hike costs of executing this project beyond feasible comprehension and there is the issue of personally inspected threshold of quality, Printing and shipping within a country of request doesn’t afford the Metaverse DAO to be able to inspect the magazine to see if it is up to the desired quality it promised to hand the buyers of the NEAR Metaverse Magazine from the DAO Mintbase store, so we don’t have a backlog of complaining NFT buyers which would not in any way be a needed precedent for the reputation of the glorious Metaverse DAO

Carbon FootPrint Concerns
Concerns of the carbon footprint of this project i have tried to allay but let me do some more meticulous breakdown. I did some findings and i discovered that these carbon concerrns are valid and its a beautiful thing the NEAR Protocol is doing by setting the pace in blockchain paradigm with scalability, low energy consumption and affordable gas tariff for blockchain transactions.
The printing of the NEAR Metaverse Magazine would be personally overseen by me and i would abide by these CO2 neutral conventions during its printing in three ways.

1. Usage of Recycled Paper: recycled paper is no longer distinguishable from virgin paper for printing, and this really reduces the amount of carbon emitted per page printed. Virgin paper expends 1.2g of carbon for production compared to 0.7g for recycled paper. This reduces CO2 emission for the NEAR Metaverse Magazine by 0.5g per page. This is a significant reduction in carbon footprint for the magazine production

2. InkJet instead of LaserJet for Printing: We are priting 100 magazines and in the context of printing: “this is a small volume” which brings the excuse to use 15watt inkjet printers which require 84% less power compared to conventional 1,300 Watts industry standard printers. This consideration would significantly reduce the carbon footprint of printing the NEAR Metaverse Magazine

3. Printing on both sides of pages: Not forgetting that its a magazine, we would be printing on both sides of the pages there-in. This antecedent singularly offers enormous co2 saving potential. Simply d
    said, paper consumption is cut by 50% and this is an encouraging carbon footprint potential.

With these analysis and ramifications, i believe i have been able to convince the marketing DAO of the legitimacy, significance, essence and atmospheric efficiency of this project. And let us not forget, The NEAR Metaverse Magazine is a first of its kind and we are doing the printing phase as one time for the historical sgnificance of the NEAR Ecosystem and the futuristic reputation of the Metaverse DAO.

Cheers,
Infinite love as always,

John X

@JohnX thank you for your detailed reply to my questions. We have our weekly DAO council meeting later and we will be reviewing all the Proposals.

1 Like

nice idea and beautiful concept :fire:

Thanks to the Marketing DAO for the consideration of an improvised path for the execution of this project. Like i have stated, i am flexible enough to assume a viable form of executing this project as long as foundational tenets are not excised.
Thanks once more for the audience i look forward to tread a workable path with the Marketing DAO on this project

Cheers

Infinite love as always
John X

2 Likes

Great initiative!!!

@JohnX it was good to meet you and hear more about your proposal. The DAO council members and our experienced marketing Advisors are available to assist and advise, as well as providing funding for projects.

I suggest you take another look at your proposal and redraft it to reflect the points raised in our meeting.

Good luck!

1 Like

Hello @cryptocredit @so608 @David_NEAR

I have resolved to a very practical solution for us both and I guess you all would like it too. During the last meeting, I was granted the responsibility to print and ship 50 magazines as a “token of privilege” to council members of Major DAOs within the NEAR creative ecosystem for being in service at a pivotal time of the NEAR Protocol blockchain. This was an idea that was accepted and i was made to concede the task of overseeing the printing and shipping of the other 50 magazines to buyers of the NFT.

So we are not going to be minting the magazines for commercial purposes or incure any costs in printing and shipping the other 50. This is what the metaverse DAO would be doing instead. We would be using the NEAR Metaverse Magazine only for the sole purpose of onboarding. This brings the initiative of broadcasting the magazine within the Metaverse. The Metaverse DAO would be looking out for events within the METAVERSE where it would conveniently leverage on promoting NEAR by engaging avatars at the event with the gloss of the magazine or by booking for time within the event which would be used an avenue to exhibit the magazine to the audience . Through the proper actualization of this idea, enough curiosity would be about what the NEAR Blockchain is about and why they would sponsor a digital magazine.

I would like to hear the council’s thoughts on this idea

1 Like

Hey!

Can you confirm what the new funding request would be in this case?

After making a few modifications and pruning. The new funding request is as follows:

Printing of 50 first NEAR METAVERSE MAGAZINES: $3 x 50= $150
Shipping of 50 first NEAR METAVERSE MAGZINES: $40 x 50 = $2000
Premier Magazine in 3 metaverse events monthly: $100 x 3 = $300 For January edition
Creation of an audio visual material for magazine advert: $200

Total: $2650

@David_NEAR @so608 @cryptocredit Here is the New Year Edition of the NEAR METAVERSE MAGAZINE

Infinte love as always

John X

1 Like

Fantastic magazine. Keep the good work.

Hey,

Can you please expand n the shipping costs, please?

$40 to ship one magazine, regardless of where in the world it’s heading to, seems really high.

I get quoted £4 to ship a similar-sized package to India & Australia from the UK.

1 Like

Shipping isn’t that expensive. This is still a “no” from me.

Thanks for continuing to revise this.

I agree about the comments on the shipping costs. What is an improvement to the original proposal is seeing the inclusion of magazine distribution or “premiere” at 3 events.

Will there be printed magazines available at those events? What are those events?

2 Likes

Yes David, its quite high, due to the conomy of the country i am shipping from and the unnecessary charges down here. You obviously cannot compare the economic condition of where you are compared to here. My fellow council member rodrigo talked about the taxes accrued to the responsibility of shipping these magazines from his home nation of Brazil.

In the sprit of servitude i would concede to shipping with $25 from my home country of Nigeria. You can do your research on shipping with platforms from Nigeria.

Holla my man
You have always been saying no without considering the intricacies surrounding the contraption of this project. may i ask you to please check my response to david and see how you can review your perspective on this project towards progress.
I love you man

I actually intended metaverse events, events that are broadcasted in virtual reality environments like cryptovoxels, somnium space and substrata. Bosaland talked about he magazines being displayed at a crypto event of another chain or normal real life event. I conceded not to handling that responsibility. We can have a global printing/shipping company to handle that, but i would not really like to be concerned about that since i already have the responsibility of printing and shipping of 50 NEAR METAVERSE MAGAZINES as “tokens of privilege” to major DAO council members of the ecosystem at the time it was published

Hey,

The council would like to conduct an on-chain vote via a Poll for this.

Please submit one to the MarketingDAO on Astro.

https://app.astrodao.com/dao/marketing.sputnik-dao.near/tasks/polls

Note: This does not mean your approval has been approved, we are planning to reach quorum (or not) via Astro in this instance.

1 Like

Thank you,
I’d create the poll now,
Quick note to the council… do understand the creative input some of us are contribution to support NESar’s expansion and also, let’s consider economic contrasts as regards our various locations and be open minded enough to decide from a globally accomodating perspective.

Thank you guys, I’ll create the poll now

Poll has been created, Thanks for your understanding so far. Please vote
@cryptocredit @Dacha @David_NEAR @jcpacion

1 Like

@cryptocredit @so608 @alejandrom Please lets vote on the poll, it expires in less than day. Thanks

1 Like