The current Creatives DAO Council (@chloe @JulianaM @frnvpr @tabear) has been considering ways in which we can begin to involve more of the creative community in the daily operations and governance of the DAO vertical, responsible for funding creative Guilds and DAOs in the NEAR Ecosystem since June.
The entire ecosystem is changing and discussions are in place to establish rules for the various Verticals. As the conversation evolves, the Creatives DAO must also evolve, so we are expanding our council to 9 members, from the 4 currently existing members. This will be done in 2 different phases; as explained below.
Note: We are coming forward with these changes in a time when there is no certainty in which path the community will follow. We hope to be an example to the rest of the community, but we are also aware that the rules we are putting in place might change when the rest of the community changes.
Therefore, we are continuing our steps on the path to decentralization:
- you or a DAO you are part of have proposed a minimum of 2 successful proposals to the Creatives AstroDAO or to another Vertical’s AstroDAO;
- you are Council of a DAO;
- you have actively engaged in the Creative Guild Leader Telegram Chat and here on the Governance Forum in the Creatives category;
then you are eligible for a Creatives DAO council position!
Other criteria to be taken into account:
- Diversity of backgrounds (we aim to represent the community as much as possible, therefore diversity will be taken into account);
- Stats gallery;
- Compliance with etiquette rules;
Reply to this thread to state your interest with a bit about yourself, your Telegram handle, and the activities you’ve undertaken in the NEAR creative community so far.
Please submit your interest in being considered for one of the 5 council spots we are opening on the Creatives DAO by Friday, January 14 at 6pm EST.
After Friday the 14th, we will assess the candidacy of each of the individuals who have replied on this thread and will [Approve] the 5 most engaged creative community members to post a new proposal to the astrodao to join as a council member.
As soon as February 1st, we hope to have the new council formed. At the end of February, current members will rotate out, and by April the new council is expected to publish an Open Call to increase the number of members to 9.
These new council members can then expect to:
- Create Polls for all council members to be able to vote;
- Vote on proposals and respect voting deadlines (12th of each month), either on astro dao , if that is possible, or on an alternative system (ideally, Forum);
- Make sure Guidelines are being followed;
- When necessary, engage with proposals off chain (directly in the Forum), specifically if a proposal has not passed; passed proposals might not need off chain communication;
- Be open to off chain communication when that is requested by the community;
- Respond to and engage with all prospective creative community leaders posting their introductory posts on the Forum to help welcome and direct them to the Creative Guild Leaders Telegram chat;
- Engage with the creative community leaders in the Creative Guild Leaders Telegram chat - no one is expecting everyone to have the answers but if you have insights, information, or resources to share we’ll be looking to you to help our leaders trouble-shoot, brainstorm, and connect with one another;
- Attend and host weekly Creative Leaders meetups (traditionally held on Mondays at 5-6pm EST but always subject to change dates and times) to help foster the NEAR Creative Community;
For this, we will offer these 5 new council members 250 NEAR monthly moving forward for as long as they choose to remain as active contributing members of the council. Council members will not sit on the council for more than 6 months. Current council members will sit on the council until end of February, to guarantee a smooth transition.
If the above sounds feasible and exciting to you, register your desire to join the council below now!
Roadmap for turnout
In order to increase transparency and decentralization, the Creatives DAO council is establishing, from January on, a few rules. Those might change, depending on what the community ends up agreeing upon for the better functioning of DAO Verticals.
Council members stay in their role for ideally 6 months (2 periods of 3 months).
The suggested turnout system is as follows:
The number of Council members should be 9 (this will happen on the Open Call of April).
Council members can stay on the council for two periods of 3 months.
They enter by replying to an Open Call, and 3 months later they have to organize and publish an Open Call.
Council members on the role for 6 months rotate out, and new members rotate in.
There should be at least 9 council members at all times.The only exception is this transition period, because otherwise a group of new council members would stay on the role for only 3 months. If a council member drops out by their own choice, it should be replaced by an Open Call.
In practical terms, the current Council will remain in functions just until the new Council Members are adapted to the role they are expected to perform. The 28th of February will mark the exit of current Council Members. By the end of April, the existing council members (5) will add 4 more. Three months later, a new Open Call is created and the 5 members with 6 months on the role will rotate out, the 4 council members with 3 months on the role will continue, and 5 more council members will be added.
This process will then be repeated, until the community finds better ways to manage turnout (i.e. transparency and decentralization).