TL;DR ~ our team is requesting $10,000 to build and promote a fully decentralized application that drives meaningful adoption of the blockchain operating system: DiscoverBOS.org
NEAR Builders Cooperative aims to connect developer communities around the world to share knowledge, coordinate projects, and learn together. Our goal is to create a better future for everyone by increasing accessibility of blockchain technology, enhancing the quality of experience for builders, and cultivating successful open web applications.
This proposal is focused on development of specific products and services, along with campaigns to activate contributors in / across communities of this ecosystem.
- Education: learning about everything together (on-chain)
- Development: building a better future with everyone
- Mentorship: empowering contributors who help others
- 30+ new “librarians” with at least 1 quality curation published via DiscoverBOS
- 50+ community pages created using our decentralized application by end of Q4
- 20+ trained mentors; each supporting 1+ builder in their community on a weekly basis
→ comprehensive report will be submitted by Thursday, October 5
- DiscoverBOS.org: $6500
- Builder Rewards: $3500
1) DiscoverBOS.org ~ $6500
Explore all things BOS via customizable homepages ~ curated by everyone, for everyone.
GOAL ~ sustainable community development with strategic programs to reward contributors
- Drive Awareness + Engagement via Social Media
- Gather Useful Insights from Various Community Groups
- Create and Curate High-Quality Learning Experiences
- Develop a Research-Based Content Strategy for BOS
STRATEGY ~ curate an evolving library of resources about BOS to make it more accessible
The funding will be used to pay reputable contributors who fulfill two important roles. Responsibilities of each role are below, along with a proposed budget for compensation.
Directly Responsible Individual: Sunlife | Head of Content and Research
→ example of their amazing and insightful pieces about BOS
- Define Unique Value Proposition
- Gather Community Insights
- Develop Content Strategy
- Create Educational Resources
- Produce Graphics and Videos
Directly Responsible Individual: Ola | Head of Community
- Design and Implement Community Programs
- Coordinate Opportunities for Collaboration
- Engage Contributors with Activations
- Organize and Promote Events
- Social Media Coordination
GOAL ~ engage contributors to help build a public good for everyone, called DiscoverBOS, which features curated and categorized communities, projects, events, feeds, and other things
- support new community builders, organized using the products we promote
- improve onboarding, engagement, participation → more impactful contributions
- 50+ community pages created using the BOS components that we build
- 1000+ total members (verified humans with “proof of contribution” tokens)
- DiscoverBOS Community Programs: $6500
- Builder Rewards Program: $3500
- Ola ~ Head of DiscoverBOS Community
- Sunlife ~ Head of DiscoverBOS Content Strategy
- Elliot ~ DevHub Contributor + Creator of everything.dev
- James ~ BOS Ecosystem Coordinator
- Nicole ~ Product Designer
Wallet Address: build.sputnik-dao.near
Approving this proposal will enable our team of contributors to deliver game-changing products and community programs. This will help accelerate growth by increasing the accessibility of informational / educational resources, while further engaging people to discover opportunities, learn together, and collaborate.
Please let us know any suggestions or questions. Feedback is much appreciated!