[Closed] Increase funding request for the crossword puzzle challenge and community engagement activities

Probably yes as said by dacha above to separate it.

2 Likes

The no was premature. I will resubmit

1 Like

We are promoting it without using the shitzu token but we would still love to gift people shitzu tokens

They are intertwined. Shitzu is the vehicle we employ to market the puzzle.

Yh exactly,we aren’t promoting but we want the shitzu token to be involved in the prizes

1 Like

@David_NEAR can we submit a new one?

Yes, feel free to re-submit later.

Please, don’t forget to include a disclaimer:

Nobody from Official NF and Aurora team doesn’t support the token;
Shitzu is a meme token, DYOR

Remove all stickers with Aurora and Near core teams. Exclude Shitzu tokens as rewards and any links on Shitzu token groups. Thanks.

1 Like

We are on aurora and Aurora is associated with Near so making memes with them aren’t bad in my honest opinion.
We have seen memes use elon,vitalik and the likes. It’s just for the fun of it

May I know why shitzu tokens should be removed as the rewards?

We can definitely add that disclaimer but can we discuss about the rest

Because our great Community and people who bought the token got a REKT. Even if you’ll like to use the token as a reward Shitzu leadership can use our Community members for marketing and any other purposes in the future.

2 Likes

No ser. You are gravely mistaken and misinformed. You have unduly influence this dao. I reiterate, we have not promoted this token outside our telegram group and only in proper context. I implore the rest of the dao to please review the submitted evidence and clearly see we are a positive force for good.

Who has not been rekted during these times?

Could you please see screenshots above.
Sorry, unfortunately I don’t have enough time, so feel free to reach me out on tg later.

No, I am not. One of five.

2 Likes

So you are saying we should stop giving out the shitzu token because some people got rekt?
Ok let’s use this scenario,I got rekt From buying near at the top so now the Dao wants to stop near from being given as rewards and that wouldn’t make sense in my opinion.

I get that shitzu made people lose money and we will put that disclaimer to make sure people that still want to invest in a meme for the speculative potential seen in meme tokens know that it is NFA and that they should DYOR but giving out the token isn’t to use the Near Community unjustly, it’s just a way of awareness for the token itself and growing the community.

The disclaimer would make it obvious that they are responsible for their decisions.

I plead that you let us use the token or at least give us a chance to prove our points and then during the report you can call it, if it doesn’t work well

1 Like

You clearly do, because you have fabricated our purpose and the other two members vetoed without looking at the evidence

2 Likes

Hey.

When you “dug up” this transfer from the NF and ask, “It would be great to know purposes of the NF grant” I would like to know what they said when you asked, please. It feels like you’re trying to put other people on the defense with this statement.

I requested that money and have spent hundreds of hours of my personal time building this crossword (and scout’s honor: tens of hours after I resigned from NEAR) tool that’s probably the best, most fun onboarding (mixed with Coinbase Earn, but all on-chain) to the platform. This is probably the most interesting use of function-call access keys I’ve seen, and I think builders need to know about this superpower of NEAR. (Small sidenote: it won’t be this way forever, other modern blockchains are catching onto the idea of next-gen account models. So this is a superpower for now, but won’t be for long.) And it was such an interesting use way to use NEAR, that I wrote an entire guide on how builders can understand smart contracts, and I even reached out to the amazing Filipino NFT people to make incredible art throughout the guide.

(by the way, the Filipino NFT community meets every Saturday and has been doing so for well over a year. I’ve gone to many of their Twitter Spaces and am not sure I recognize any Community DAO Member folks attending. So maybe you’re new, and in case you haven’t heard about it, it’s a great place to meet community people.)

I got the grant for puzzle.near, and I’ve taken zero money, and in fact have only spent my own money. (This reminds me I need to reimburse myself for the 57 NEAR I spent from my own wallet for the Armored Kingdom puzzles, which I created on my own, after reading all their documentation, and did so for free, btw. And did so after resigning from NEAR, btw. Check the blockchain if you wish.)

So I will not be on the defensive.

It seems like you’re a highly motivated person, which is great. I’d estimate you spent hours taking screenshots as :v: evidence :v:, which may or may not be valid. Frankly, even responding to this is charity time, and I’ve already sunk too much charity into this cool product that no one gets. @agt is the first person to actually see this thing and be like, “holy cow how can I help?!” which has brought great relief to me. I was like, “omigosh, finally, maybe a community will happen! awesome!” We’ve emailed, hopped on a few calls together, DMed across different platforms, coordinated on which projects in NEAR we’d like to help promote… So this is a real community member. We should be super stoked about this. Also, dude TOTALLY reminds me of Matt Lockyer. Separated twins; I’m convinced.

So, since you’re a motivated person, let’s get back to your question that I’m replying to. I expect you DID ask NF or at least try to, and I’d like to see screenshots (redact what you need) of when you reached out and what the answers were. I think you owe us that, friend.

11 Likes

Thank you for explanation. Have a great day.

2 Likes

You forgot the screenshots.

2 Likes

I asked the applicant about the grant because had found a transaction on Near wallet. Thanks for the explanation. The idea is really cool and can find many ways of using in Near Community.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the background of all this. Thats really insightful.

1 Like

The Shitzu community wholeheartedly believes in crossword.xyz. It represents the inherent potential of blockchain technology to devise a tool of engagement and reward. Since our partnership in May, we have funded and created all these puzzles to benefit Near. The Shitzu token has further incentive our community to engage and promote the site. We are irrevocably linked. Mike and I have spent time and resources to ensure the engagement of the app. At some point, we would like to link the token with the puzzle as a game-fi strategy. We are in the process of interviewing devs to assist with the site. The expenses will be out of pocket mind you. I merely asking for $1500 to continue our current level of engagement. This is purely for prizes and payment for puzzle creators.

I have updated the NFA/DYOR message. Please reconsider our proposal. I believe we want the same thing for near.

5 Likes

So will you give us the chance to have the grant then?

Also you didn’t answer the full question,
What was the response when you reached out? Can you show us screenshots or you would rather not answer