[Closed] Increase funding request for the crossword puzzle challenge and community engagement activities

šŸ«”

2 Likes

It is extremely disappointing to see @agt and the Shitzu community being treated this way by well respected members of the NEAR community.

Trove Labs is not associated with the Shitzu community in any way. If anything, Shitzu is a competitor to our sweet @NEKO :smiley_cat: However, I can personally attest to the hard work that @agt puts in on a daily basis and the positive impact of Shitzu community led marketing efforts.

AGT is one of the few people who attends and speaks at the NEAR @ NIGHT Twitter Spaces every day. On an almost daily basis AGT informs us about a new crossword puzzle created by the Shitzu community. These crossword puzzles are a fun way to market and educate people about NEAR native projects.

Crossword puzzles created by the Shitzu community are one of the few community driven marketing activities that I have seen on a consistent basis. Right now there is an alarmingly low amount of community led marketing. Taking Shitzu out of the equation reduces efforts even further. This is very detrimental to the NEAR ecosystem.

Next, it is ridiculous that the price of SHITZU token is being brought up in response to this proposal. So what if SHITZU is down 97% from all time highs? NEAR is down 78%, does that mean we were all rugged? No. The valuation of SHITZU token has no bearing on the impact and value created by the community.

There seems to be misguided hostility towards meme coins from members of the NEAR community. Whether you like it or not, meme coins do play a very important role in every layer-one ecosystem. Please do not disregard the hard work of a community based on preconceived notions that are probably wrong.

I hope that we can move forward in full support of the Shitzu community.

9 Likes

Thank you for your hard work in the NEAR ecosystem. The crossword puzzles are epic :handshake:

8 Likes

hey @agt letā€™s bounce from this conversation. If I remember correctly, this is your first foray into web3 community building, and weā€™re having this bummer discussion. I want you to thrive, and am concerned this is bringing you down.

Itā€™s not worth your time to even read this thread anymore. Youā€™re the kind of person I want to be surrounded with.

How about we do thisā€¦ you buy a plane ticket and fly out to San Fransisco tonight. Iā€™ll pay for your airfare, hotel, AND AS MUCH IN-AND-OUT AS YOU CAN EAT. Wanna fly first class? Iā€™ve never done it but think you should.

Iā€™m getting plugged in with good, important people here, and would love for you to be a part of it. This web3 thing exists, and there are tons of good vibes to be had. Letā€™s check back on NEAR later and see if we can make something happen, but for now, weā€™re in the good olā€™ days of web3 where things are small, fun, and empowering. This thread is utterly disempowering and I donā€™t want anyone yucking your yum. Itā€™s just not right.

A bunch of us are gonna meet at a coffee shop in Mission on Saturday and hack on stuff, would love to have you there, make intros, get you connected, and help begin your journey to financial independence.

Iā€™m still figuring out funding, but am positive I will have an avenue to compensate you in coming months, if you want. Yesterday at the Stanford Blockchain Conference I had an advisor tell me point blank, ā€œDonā€™t worry, you will be taken care of in Cosmos.ā€ Thatā€™s what Iā€™m talkinā€™ bout, dawg. Letā€™s likeā€¦ go where people like us. Simple.

NEAR is a strong protocol but is going through serious growing pains, and itā€™s not up to us to continue pushing against a brick wall. I believe the sharding on NEAR and everything about Aurora have permanently placed NEAR in the history books for their contributions to the space, and Iā€™m very proud of the team for that. But letā€™s nope out of here, at least for now, if weā€™re just gonna get stuck in the mud and have a couple decision makers in this thread go out of their way to reduce our passion for this special point in time, without having actual info.

So what, see you tonight? Fly into SFO and Lyft over to Oakland, Iā€™ll DM you my number.

9 Likes

Wow that was an actual long conversation!

Iā€™ll like to point my perspective on Shitzu Community šŸ«”
Initially I was against it since we know how plays on Meme Coins goes, weā€™ve a community with few shillers and a few days of Price Soaring then team ghosts out and project dies.

But in case of Shitzu, Iā€™m fascinated by the efforts theyā€™re making and had made with rewarding users about $900K and the amount of people it onboarded to NEAR Ecosystem, Iā€™ve seen a huge number of new members few months ago coming and telling me how they bought Shitzu and started their journey in NEAR, and asked about what other projects should I look into and I suggested few but mostly we redirected to awesomeNEAR to let them search on their own and dyor. (Puzzle Games to learn about Projects on Ecosystem was exactly needed here!)

I very much appreciate the efforts AGT put into bringing the spotlight into NEAR Ecosystem and building one of strongest community on NEAR and the puzzle idea was straight on point, now they even have a strong product, if youā€™ve a lot of newbies in Ecosystem, you wanna make sure they learn about best projects on NEAR!

Dacha pointed out that it was our community that faced loss but itā€™s also agreeable most would have never been part of NEAR if it wasnā€™t for Shitzuā€¦

And about the losses, AGT said himself as seen on above ss that memecoins can be easily manipulativeā€¦ If we talking about losses, atleast it hasnā€™t gone illiquid like NFTs šŸ„¹:smiling_face_with_tear:

Youā€™re missing the point if we canā€™t support the proposal and let all those efforts die and make it seem the contribution they made was nothing/not appreciatedā€¦

AGT could easily start a new project if it was about a cash grab but heā€™s still working to bring life to this project even in this bear market and educational efforts for promoting ecosystem projects on NEAR; exact opposite of Dogecoin Founder who sold his holding and left the project or some NEAR NFT Projects thatā€™re moving to other chains after lost traction in NEAR NFTā€¦

If Marketing DAO wonā€™t be willing to support initiatives like this and keep experimenting/ give opportunity to projects which had shown best results in Community Growth and Engagement, they would simply move to other chains like Mike saidā€¦ :eyes:šŸ«”

6 Likes

Hi Mike and @agt I will not comment on the merits of any tokens but I do want to say that every contributor is valued in the NEAR Ecosystem. Please keep doing what youā€™re doing!

No one should encourage hostile vigilantism against any contributor in the ecosystem. Open source experiments like crossword.xyz demonstrate NEARā€™s innovative technical design. On memes and fun activities, itā€™s pertinent to note that even Maker DAO has a ā€˜Strategic Happiness Core Unitā€™ to support such activities in the ecosystem. Hopefully we can move past this thread and continue building cool things!

8 Likes

For the record, I personally took it upon myself to give @gonemultichain and @eviejugo admin roles in the SHITZU telegram. I did so without their permission. The extent of their administrator permissions allow them to pin messages. I gave them the role, because doing so allows a permanent tag to be added next to their name. Evieā€™s tag is GOAT, because if you know them, then you know that theyā€™re the greatest of all time - one of the kindest mpst helpful people in the whole ecosystem. Antonioā€™s tag is Contributooor, because they made at least one crossword puzzle to help drive education in the NEAR/Aurora/Octopus. The two of them are treasures to the ecosystem, and no insinuations shall be made that subject them to any type of criticism.

4 Likes

You guys are doing great. Itā€™s exactly this kind of creative enthusiasm that we should all be encouraging.

4 Likes

Yes, I know. Thanks.

1 Like

Exactly, when contributors bring value to the Ecosystem and zero tolerance to the people who use our great Community to pump meme tokens. This kind of experiment is unacceptable.

We need to include this point in Community constitution.

2 Likes

Hello Near community!!

It is not true.
We exist as a separate meme channel, and we do not relate to the Near Play community in any way.

Name at least one reason why we had to make memes for you for free or for next to nothing?

Please do not confuse us in such situations.
Thank you.

No one is pumping anything, where is the evidence? those snapshots you took are taken out of context. Furthermore, where are these rekt people, who were misguided by Shitzu? The invitation for them to contact me about reimbursement remains open.

1 Like

Hey guys, so this topic has been stretched out a lot.

I want to add few of my comments that I have after reading this thread, what @Dacha did here is his duty as a community member and one of the marketing dao councils that he raised concerns from the community POV. I have been in this ecosystem for more than a year and Dacha is the person I have seen taking stand for the community. Thatā€™s what he did after some people complained him. If he wouldnā€™t have raised the concern with some suspicious screenshots then you wouldnā€™t have pinned the comment about the meme nature/NFA thing. Thanks to him for bringing a change here.

He raised issues and put his comments here, you and @mikedotexe gave some clarification about that and dacha agreed on some clarifications given and he asked you to make a separate post related to quiz part only. So where is the ā€œattackā€ thing you so? I donā€™t see any personal attacks here if he did some research after the community feebacks, raised concerns, you and your partner cleared and then he agreed. Please donā€™t stretch it further it doesnā€™t make sense.

@mikedotexe I appreciate you sir for creating this puzzle and raising awareness and making it an easy onboarding tool to attract users. I believe itā€™s a great way. I have some comments for you sir. There is no discrimination here. A person doing his job is labelled as wrong, if dacha wouldnā€™t be raising these concerns there wouldnā€™t be any pinned message in the group. And he also appreciated you for the crossword creation. He wouldnā€™t have done that if he would be against you.
appreciate your efforts and time you been giving here building on NEAR and would love to see you doing so.

@Kv9990 just attached a screenshot about the StaderX thing and you wrote a long paragraph on his reply which wasnā€™t for you or not for this particular topic. It was in response to a comment here by a person. Did you read that comment/screenshot? I think no, because you wrote a long paragraph in his reply saying things like ā€œAG, You come to SF, I will buy FIRST CLASS tickets, NEAR is discriminating, itā€™s making you downā€

Appreciate you buying tickets and hotel, food charges for AG but these words were out of context in reply of @Kv9990 ā€™s comment. You could talk about buying tickets and all in Agā€™s DM.

Summing it up, there is potential in the crossword part of the proposal and I believe the project was supported earlier by the councils in past months @agt . Why wouldā€™ve they supported if there was discrimination?

You were asked to make a separate proposal after the clarifications by your team, and I think thatā€™s what you shouldā€™ve done. Itā€™s getting too stretched here.

Thanks! Have a great day everyone.

4 Likes

Could you please jump into your group and type the word ā€œbuy,ā€ then find your name in a search section, but probably you have already deleted the posts or edited them like this :ok_hand:

Four hours later

3 Likes

The proposal demands that the puzzle and Shitzu be apart. As I clearly stated, this is unacceptable. The two projects are intertwined and work in unison to promote Near. A significant amount of time and effort
has been dedicated to bring back shitzuā€™s community from apathy. If you are a community builder, you know that apathy is a tireless nemesis. Redirecting the community to focus on the puzzle became our lifeline. So no, we disagree with the recommendation.

Mike and myself have worked tirelessly to mutually benefit our communities. If you are unaware , please refrain from misguided comments.

3 Likes

Those posts are in wrong order. I mentioned I would modify the message in order to satisfy your requirement. Yet, here you go again manipulating the timeline. Please go to our Telegram and check the pinned messages.

2 Likes

Gotcha, thatā€™s your choice to agree or disagree with the recommendation. I just added my comments on the personal attack thing and to appreciate Mike for creating the crossword puzzle and you being promoting it.

3 Likes

Oh so edited this just now, okay so that comment also appreciates your and Mikeā€™s efforts. There is no misguidance in the comment.

2 Likes

Thank you for showing the reason of loss.
Two audits plus shilled on all the platforms of near and still getting this mesage.
Thank you for showing me that i miss common sense.
Will remember next time buying aurora token which is over 96 percent down.
And coming down on aping at 0.05 for stablecoin ausd was prfitable for me even after not aping at 0.05 to be precise.
Thank you again for pointing out for me missing common sense. :v:

2 Likes

You fail to get his point, heā€™s saying that we are the ones who make our actions,if you are blaming us for encouraging people to buy shitzu which we did no so such thing then you should also blame stader labs for letting an hack happen and letting investors try to take an advantage on the speculative aspect

@zubairansari07 you Said he pointed out suspicious screenshots
Those things point out to nothing!
Those screenshots were not suspicious,he only pinned such a message to give clarity
Pls donā€™t confuse it
If you think that from those screenshots he made people buy then you are wrong

This is definitely an attack and since it is a free platform, itā€™ll be stretched out Until there is a solution that is suitable to both parties
How can a DAO member in quote be the only one to make a decision and convince other parties to do the same!

The other council members didnā€™t even read through properly before closing the forum down and how only can only 3 members make a decision?
Whereā€™s the Decentralization in that? Howā€™s that called a dao?!

The research he did was not sufficient as he didnā€™t seem to notice the impact of the quiz and only looked for evidence on the impact on the token and again those evidences are not sufficient to dismay shitzus efforts

2 Likes