[Approved] NearCon Attendance: NearNordic + Marketing DAO Council Member

Hm, noice!
Do you have guarantees you find NEW ways to support ecosystem?

1 Like

Happy to approve. Have a great day!

2 Likes

WOW! Good to see proposal getting approved in around 3hrs where other GUILDS & Community people have to wait for weeks & that too with just one council support…

Transparency?
Decentralized Ecosystem?

Hey Klint , I am not sure if you have any extra power on NEAR Forum. Because I have told from day 1 that regulations and procedure are same here for everyone, no matter who you are.

When the leader themself can’t follow the procedure, what examples are they setting?

I don’t have any personal issue with you sir. You own this forum, you can set any rules or change them. But NEAR is known for its transparency & equality. Community have to wait for days/weeks then why it is so hard for a council to wait…

If I am not wrong, the procedure is:

1. After posting the proposal there are set of people who discuss and give their opinion.

2. And if your PROPOSAL GETS 3 YES FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS, then it is marked as APPROVED.

But here,

1. NO DISCUSSION

2. MARKED APPROVED WITH ONLY SINGLE YES

Sorry, if you find anything wrong in this. Pardon me, but this was my observation & opinion to it. Also, you have the right to disagree with this. I don’t have any personal grudges with anyone & this Ecosystem have created the best ever teams & GUILDS, everyone is kind here. But these are some things that can take us backward. Because I know, every one will see this and will skip as they do not want to take any risk. But for sure they will mark it as negetive thing in their mind and might not trust this transparency.

Everyone please feel free to share your opinion on this, I might be the only wrong person here.
Thankyou & Sorry at the same time to the whole ecosytem. Hope the whole ecosystem will give fair opinion on this.

@David_NEAR @Dacha

4 Likes

Good morning, yes we made decision on Marketing DAO weekly call.

Absolutely, feel free to read our last report :

Sorry about it. Do our best (in June, we received 67 proposals, 2,4 a day). We are also aware of delays with payments.

Could you please give me a link on your proposal? Thank You

Have a great day!

3 Likes

Okay! I agree but I guess they would have waited for few more time, because no one knows about your internal meetings. If you look it by anyone else POV it looks unethical.

1 Like

I’m personally trying to review all proposals ASAP, especially event’s proposals…

Like here , here , etc

2 Likes

Sorry, I guess you got it wrong. I am not doubting any of your work. My simple opinion was the procedure was not followed. Also, I respect all your hard work to raise this whole community All the proposals were reviewed properly here and was on time, especially @dacha you are the one of the most active council or forum member here. No doubt in that.

My concern was for PROCEDURE, don’t you think it will create doubt in others?

Also, the report you sent never mentions that PROPSALS CAN GET APPROVED IN SINGLE YES. If it was discussed in the weekly CALLS, it should not be presented on FORUM,

1 Like

I salute you for your work, every FORUM MEMBER is your fan. But you are not understanding the point here.

Have a good day sir

1 Like

Thank You :blush:.

Sorry about your experience. We constantly improve our service.

Please, feel free to DM me if you have any issues. I will be happy to help you.

2 Likes

Hey Mate! I don’t think it will create any tensions as we have one of best community that understands and respect every voice. If you are silent because you are afraid of so called ‘tensions’ then you at a wrong place sir.

Have a good day sir

1 Like

Hey guys – I’m on the council, and I will quickly say that I think that you are right to ask for the same procedure to be followed for everyone. In my view, there should have been adequate time for all council to review and post on the forum before moving this to approved.

I do think the outcome of the council decision/vote would have been the same regardless of the timing, but you are right to underscore the need for consistency and fairness. Thanks for posting this!

6 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against your point of view… all I’m saying is a direct word and not to assume anyone opinion. I’m scared of nothing. Seeing the approval, i felt it have being discussed by the council before approval. So every one have a point of view. Afterall you wrote what i quoted and I’m just giving my opinion.

Thank you for your feedback.

1 Like

@Klint thank you for your proposal and sharing the report on the launch of NearNordic.

I have no hesitation in supporting funding your attendance at NEARCON as I believe that the depth of experience and insight that you and @so608 bring to both the community and Marketing DAO adds significant value to all projects building on NEAR.

I would also add that the Marketing DAO council members who will be present at NEARCON are looking forward to meeting face to face with the community and we hope that this event will provide an opportunity to build strong relationships for the future.

3 Likes

Thanks…

Yes! That’s what I meant

1 Like
  • I am also agree to this but other @marketingdao-council members are so lazy in work. i seen many reports and proposals but only @Dacha is only council member who ask question and also after giving community replies @Dacha is replying on that.

• Other Proposals are pending but council member Get Aproved.

• But other counsils are disapeers for many days after asking question. @David_NEAR You need to check work of marketing counsils as well.

• In addition to that @Klint Sir having marketing agency but he has only 200 Followers in IG,
    57 Followers and 73 following. How you do your marketing sir?

*If all Community CEO are apply to attend NEARCON can marketing approve all.

2 Likes

Hi hina, I wanted to comment on this as somebody from the outside of this situation but as a marketing professional with 10 years of experience as a freelancer and in agency settings.

Follows are a vanity stat that that arent always indicative of success and often mask ineffectiveness. Marketing is a spectrum of practices, and metrics are relative. Digital marketing and ads especially, can increase leads and prospects, but dont necessarily translate to social followings, though still translating to conversions and sales, which are the metrics that matter most.

I know many, many marketing agencies that use “growth hacks” and other tricks to pump following counts and other vanity stats while leading to minimal conversion or engagement. Essentially making their following count meaningless, and even counterproductive.

Theres also a bit of understood irony in the marketing field, where we take care of our client’s accounts far more than our own, because its about the results we can deliver for them, and our personal socials dont get the same attention because we are focused on building client strategies.

I like to contextualize professional socials, as living press kits.
The creator and influencer economy is another beast entirely.

Of course having large followings are nice, but they are easy to be misleading.

3 Likes

Hey @hina we’re always open to criticism and feedback – I don’t think it needs to turn into a personal attack on anyone though. Agree with @rhymetaylor’s thoughts on the vanity metrics :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you for this observations miss hina. As im also part of the team NNC projects. Some council been delaying the proposal , we took months been interrogations questioning about the projects statistics etc. Even know the council the answers was already in the proposal . I mean people depend on this projects. Council never experience delayed salary like us more 2 to 3 months we never declaire anything coz until now we wait for marketing council approval. The projects runs 1 year now but they still doubts for every submitted proposal besides this been done many times proposal.

I also dont like to be quiet and say nothing as @thisissowrong mention i have also a voice to speak ,opinion to say what i observes here. Im not againts for their positions and every work. Im also not looking to be famosity or to become popular. I only wants the projects run equally like the rest who is trying to improved their projects as well.

4 Likes