[APPROVED] Ja.Yl.Son (of Lights)- "Afrika” Official Music Video

Hi community, hope you all are good.

My name is Jaylson, must known as Jay or also, O Camões Preto; Ja.Yl’ Son (of Lights) and I am an artist (poet; singer; manager; curator) based in Almada.

By the years, I’ve developed different art projects such as my first poetry book, “Rasgos”; Hosted “Festival Todos”; and I’ve met NEAR community via Art Progression Now Rare Effect’s (vol.1;vol.2) Exhibition, as a member from Arroz Estudios organization, I even hosted two days of the first event, and recently with Muti Collective “Planta a Palavra”.

By June 2021, I’ve released my first single in years, “Play it” and in August “Dem wicked” for my upcoming EP, “Universal Calling”:

So, to keep releasing good material, I would like to request funding for the following project: “Afrika” Official Music Video .

This will be the third single from “Universal Calling”, and we intend to bee funded now in November, if possible, and the remaining in December 2021, so we can produce the video clip.

Project members:

@ja.yl.son - Performer; Executive Producer @dabarroklyn.near

Luís Mesquita- Performer

Felipe Gusmao- Performer

Nickson Nmon- Performer

Ricardo Gregório (Gregz)– Filmmaker; Director; Editor; Executive Producer

Daniel Borges - Executive Producer

With a very intricated lyric, “Afrika” is one the most powerful songs Ja. Yl. Son ever made. So, by understanding the outstanding talent from Gregz, as a filmmaker, we would like to combine strong and beautiful images to those lyrics.

Check some Gregz work:

With Lura - Lura - BLA BLA BLA - YouTube

Budget breakdown:

985 USD: Video Production and Editing
175 USD: Props, food and fuel for the day of shooting

Total: 1,160 USD

6 Likes

@tabear @danielborges1989

1 Like

Hey @ja.yl.son
Thanks for the proposal!
Looks good so far. Just a few notes from the muti side of things:

• Going forward, in order to fund as many creative projects and keep things diverse, we are putting a $1000 cap per project, so in this instance, we are happy to fund this project to this value over the course of two months. First payout of $500 in November and second payout on completion of the project in December of $500.

• We also aim to onboard anyone involved in these creative projects to the NEAR platform so that they can be introduced here, and apply for funding themselves. We will be running two onboarding / Q&A sessions per month for people who are new to the platform. It would be great if the participants here could be onboarded. I’m happy to help with this if needed.

Thanks!
Let me know if you have any questions

3 Likes

It would be great to have one NFT from the video or single for example, which would be minted in the muti mintbase store. :slight_smile:
Looking forward to your confirmation so we can change the title to “approved” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @ted.iv ,

Many thanks for this, it is very important for me and I won’t forget it, never.

It can be that way for sure.

@danielborges1989 for example will be the first to attend this onboarding. I will also present this amazing opportunity to Gregz and all the other participants.

We will keep in touch for sure,

Many blesses,

Jay

2 Likes

Hi @tabear ,

Many thanks for this.

It will be a very good idea, it would be my first NFT and I am excited eheh.

We will plan it.

Blesses,

Jay

3 Likes

We’re excited too! :slight_smile:
Changed it to [Approved] now, once we received the monthly funding we will let you know to proceed with the first payout of 500 $ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey @tabear

Ok, no worries, will wait for it.

Kind Regards,

Jay

2 Likes

@ja.yl.son This one I know eheh! Good luck with the video!

3 Likes

hi @TRosario

eheh thanks bro,

you really know it well ahah,

hug

1 Like

Hey @ja.yl.son!
Funding is confirmed, please send your first payout proposal for 500 USD / 47.3N to our DAO: https://app.astrodao.com/dao/muti.sputnik-dao.near
Please use this forum link to add in the DAO proposal. Let me know if you need help with it :slight_smile:
Feel free to use this post for updates as well (for onboarded artists and accomplished steps of the proposal etc.):slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @tabear ,

Proposal done.

Thank you,

Kind Regards

Jay

2 Likes

Hello,

Just to inform that due to an urgent cirurgy, I won’t be abble to do the vídeo now in November, and maybe it will be hard to do it in December.

So, it may be postponed to January

Thank you in advance,

Kind Regards

2 Likes

Thank you & sorry to hear that!
Keep us posted so we adjust the budget accordingly then & postpone the funds to January :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello fam, I am back and close to fully recover. So when possible, you can send the remaining value. As the Near amount is low, is there a compensation? I had half of the money, and now it went to 1/4 of the value. Thank you

1 Like

Heya! Very happy to hear that you’re better and back in the game!
As for the values, we have converted the remaining NEAR into nDAI (stablecoin), so that you will receive 500 DAI (500 USD) without being influenced by the volatility.

As mentioned in here:

We usually pay out the first half before the project and the second half after the project has been completed or once we have received some updates (such as onboarded wallets, location scouting etc.) to guarantee that the project will be fulfilled.

Feel free to share updates in here once you have some and we will update you on the payout :slight_smile:

(UPDATE)

Unfortenally, Gregz can’t direct and shoot this video.

So, we plan to shoot it in Sao Tomé and Principe in December.

The director is a young talented movie maker from Sao Tomé:

He had already worked with african raising stars like Vado Más Ki Ás; Moussa Alawi and others.

Sorry for the delay on this.

Budget and main goals don’t change.

So, when possibly, please transfer the remaining money to dabarroklyn.near.

Thank you in advance,

Jay :smiley:

Bom dizzle!
Thank you for the updates. As spoken we’re only giving the second part of the funding out once a progress has been shown of the project. Feel free to send an update closer to December once flights have been booked etc. As mentioned in here we never transfer money but it will be requested by you from our DAO. Once the council has then voted on it, the money will come through.

Hi community hope yall good,

Last updates from the project:

17/12/2022- Flight to Sao Tomé and Principe;
19/12/2022- 1st day of shooting;
20/12/2022-2nd day of shooting;
21/12/2022-31/12/2022- Editing;

We expect to have the final product untill the end of the year and the release will be untill the end of January 2023. Thus, I would like to request Muti’s and NEAR’s logos so we can include within the final project (if possible).

Also, would request to muti DAO council the remaining founds.

Thank you in advance for your love and confidence on me, this shall be a very important step in my life and I appreciate it a lot.

xx

1 Like

Hello!

Thank you for the update.
Please request the remaining payout of 500 dai from our DAO:
https://app.astrodao.com/dao/muti.sputnik-dao.near

Use this forum proposal as the external link please :slight_smile:
We will send you the logos via dm. Please keep in mind to provide content which can also be minted as an NFT. You could also consider using https://www.tamastream.io/ to upload the song there.

Looking forward to the outcome!