What's the NF been up to you ask?!

How’d you like to change it? On-chain hiring is a great use case for top blockchains like Near.

How can community members from Europe or Africa get a free airplane and Art Basel ticket? Is it a privilege for not everyone? How were the community members selected?

I am not sure this is relevant question at all.

Who said? Everyone can ask any question.

Create without limits - Ask without limits.

1 Like

We welcome all kind of questions but as long as it relevant to the topic.

To answer your question: You are invited to register the event and there are a lot of NEAR Community member travelling to that event on their own so NF isn’t sponsoring any individuals as far as I know.

Hope this would answered your question and concern. @Rogelio

That is most definitely not true. For some reason I have to keep linking and quoting the Community Guidelines to you…

" Note: Do be aware that there is an extent to which the goal of openness and transparency reaches on an individual basis. You cannot, and should not, expect to receive in-depth answers to every question particularly when the questions are deemed excessive, inappropriate, or off-topic."

I hope now you’re an independent mod who stepped out from shitzu community and will never hide my comments more.

I look forward to launching a new process from @mecsbecs and six-term terms for the forum mod team.

Who wrote the rules?

Who voted on chain for the rules? Where is a link (Astro DAO)?

How many community members approved the note?

1 Like

Once again, this forum currently, now, in the present, does not operate in a decentralized manner.
There was no on-chain vote.

The 2 posts below should give you an idea on how, why and by whom these rules were laid down.

2 Likes

Only your guess, which the Community didn’t approve on chain.

@illia @alexatnear

@Alpar_NEAR

wow really ?!?

this is SHOCK of the Year!

because from official source we see:
" Why does decentralization matter?
Decentralization is shifting the locus of power away from a central node to several smaller nodes and setting up processes to establish group consensus without relying on hierarchies or top-down structures. NEAR was always designed to be run and owned by its community."

1 Like

Hi.
Is everything so bad in the Near ecosystem that they are recruiting moderators for an ad? Provide your portfolio. Do you have an idea about blockchain and decentralization? Why are you closing discussions about the Near Foundation? You don’t have to worry about unacceptable questions, insults and threats. Under each message there is an opportunity for a complaint. Moderators very quickly consider complaints and delete unethical messages.(tested on yourself). @David_NEAR why are discussions on the forum being closed? We want transparency. Are you also a moderator of the forum?
Thx :blush:

1 Like

Nope. This isn’t shock at all.

If you closely follow up with the Foundation or NEAR in general, there has been multiple admitted from NEAR Core nor the Foundation or the core Leaders that NEAR has not been in a decentralisation manner compare to others.

Still, the core team and everyone in this Ecosystem (Builders/Contributors) are working tirelessly to bringing NEAR or NF towards more decentralisation. NDC is a very strong example of this step.

Again, please use more appropriate choice of words when you expressing yourself.

1 Like

Hi,

Nope, the NEAR Foundation is actually wants to on-boarding Moderators to the organisation itself.
Myself and a lot of other peers in @ConciergeTeam was in-charge of Moderation duty on multiple NEAR social platforms like Telegram, Discord, Reddit and Forums. The team has been reduced in size and responsibility as it is going to disbanded in upcoming months after finished its duty to help new moderators on-boarding process.

Our Team’s background is actual from the Community ourself. We were among the most active contributors to the NEAR Ecosystem in the past 1 year so We always want to consider ourself are more of a community member. (If you looking for our achievement, feel free to check them out in each report we submitted to the forums).

However, this was a community effort and it wasn’t enough to scale NEAR in general for further development so the action of NF took recently to on-board more professional personnel is much more on the right track (in my opinion).

As I said in many of my previous message, there has been a lot of toxicity and negative vibe that wandering around our Ecosystem. Action like this not only setting NEAR Community backwards but also driving our Contributors and Builders away. It is written in Moderator’s duty is prevent this kind of behaviours and maintain a healthy environment for all Community Member to grow and contribute to NEAR Ecosystem.

Each action of Ban, Close, Mute and Warn to user that violated our Community Standard has been consider by all of our Moderator Board (not a single individuals can gave out an action without consideration from this board) so please keep this in mind.

And yes, being a mod on this forum and many NEAR social platforms is one of many @David_NEAR 's duties and responsibilities.

In case you have other wondering, feel free to reach out to me or any other mods that on duty. We are always eager to help.

Love and Peace,
Bailey12

2 Likes

Hi
Why are you responding instead of the new moderator? For what reason is your team being disbanded? You say that you were the most active team, could you share the annual report on the forum.
Thx :relaxed:

1 Like

Hi,

The new mods are still in the on-boarding process. They will be on active duty as soon as they are ready and we are here to make sure they have the proper tools that needed for the job.

For the reason why the team is disbanded, I mentioned in my above comment.

For the annual reports, please find them on the forum. I have no obligation to provide this information to any other individuals rather than publiced it to the Community.

Cheers! :blush:

with whom do you compare Near?

and still:

• are you saying that this is not true?
    want to clarify the attitude here to decentralization.
    I’m more than a year on this forum, and all this time it has been the central point of the whole community that gathered us and helped us to grow in web3.
    of course, now I feel disappointed with the discourse here.

hm. what’s inappropriate - show me please, I’m working on myself

1 Like

To other entities in the crypto space.

This is true but please keep in mind that NEAR is only 2 years old since the mainnet, there are still a lot of things need to improve and a lot of people are working very hard to laying the next foundation for the Protocol and Community. We cannot assume or predict what is right and what is wrong rather than keep trying until we found the right way to decentralisation.

Right here is the example of using sarcasm which bringing absolutely nothing rather than the possibility of emotional damage that might cause to the target. My suggestion is using the word with constructive meaning and towards to solving your concern, issue faster (bring more idea, more solution).

→ Because I need to sleep sometimes.

1 Like

@johanga @Rogelio

The blog post you linked and quoted talks about progressive decentralization, and is mainly written in future tense.

"How will we achieve optimal decentralization?
This is the project of the next several months…"
“Version one of the governance framework is underway
“When complete it will provide”

It describes hopes and aspirations, outlines steps to get there, and shares a brief progress update.

You either didn’t read the whole post or making a bad faith argument.
In case of the former, since you are clearly passionate about the topic, please do carefully read the whole thing.
In case of the latter, I’m sad to bring you attention to the Community Guidelines, as they are at the moment, particularly:

1 Like
  1. @Alpar_NEAR How can the Community initiate a new mod team election and new Community Guidelines proposed by @mecsbecs ?

2. Can Near Foundation disclose list of moderators team with:

• quarterly / monthly report;
  • potential conflict of interest;
  • rewards;
  • KPIs.

@Alpar_NEAR @bailey12 please start with yourself.

1 Like