[Report] Science Fiction Short Story to be Presented in 3xr.space

Project title: COMA (a short story)

One-liner: Science Fiction Short Story to be Presented in 3xr.space”.

Project DAO: Individual Project, but connected to VRDAO and Incubadora DAO.

Project Summary: I am writing a short story to be presented in 3xr.space. The main goal is to explore the possibilities the metaverse offers for literary projects. Secondary goals are exploring technical aspects, related to gating, fragmented writing, visualization of written content, visual galleries used to showcase text, increase the visibility of 3xr.space for artists other than visual artists, advertise 3xr.space in a period in which it’s growing by leaps and bounds.

Project members

frnvpr.near
(in strict collaboration with the 3xr.space team)

Period:

Dec 15→ March 15, 2021-2022

The following list is a description of the detailed steps in achieving success:

• write a science-fiction short story in a way that can be presented in a 3D gallery;
  • this means 19 pieces of individual story, since 3xr.space has a sweet spot of 20 NFTs displayed (1 for the cover, being created as I write this report by an illustrator from CUDO DAO);
  • mint the individual story pieces as NFTs and sell them individually, in various Mintbase.io stores;
  • work with the 3xr.space team to construct a gated gallery, featuring all the 19 pieces;
  • this gated gallery will be accessed by each of the 19 individual NFTs, the same way a thicket would allow someone to enter an event;
  • use this experiment to allure other writers into the NEAR/Mintbase.io/3xr.space ecosystem.
  • use this project to advertise that same ecosystem on social media platflorms, and in the 3xr.space, VRDAO and Incubadora twitter, instagram and facebook accounts.

The success of this project rests both on the artistic success of the short-story itself and on the capacity of engaging with other writers and bringing them to our community.

I want to thank NEAR Fellowships program for this opportunity. :pray:

2 Likes

hello all,

final report of this project.

This was finally minted on the 3XR Creatething tool. I want to thank @microchipgnu and @sainthiago for all their help. It was a really cool experiment and way to expand what is being done with text on virtual galleries. I want to thank those responsible by the NEAR Fellowships for supporting this project.

The Virtual Gallery: COMA, a short story experiment by frnvpr.near | CUSTOM 3XR

The NFT on Mintbase: https://www.mintbase.io/thing/pNKZF0uu8hRWvtmcdhRWFLbQVs1KxsNA7KxA0I3l5Y4:vrdao.mintbase1.near

The community reaction has been really positive, from the Writer’s Guild’s members learning how to create their own projects on these web3 tools, to Mintbase DAO willing to take the experimentation one step further.

Some social media reactions:

Since my main goal was expanding the use cases for this technology and inspiring other writersin pursuing their projects using these tools, I consider this project a success.

I am open to answering any questions regarding this project.

Thank you all.

1 Like