[Closed] Reactivation of ReggaeDao Website

Salut Council.

Reggae dao website subscription has expired due to inability to pay for the subscription for some time and we need to reactivate it and also needed to be upgraded.

Although we proposed for fund for the subscription before it expired but due to NDC Election that was just concluded, the proposal was closed and we were asked to re-propose later which we are now doing.

The website is built for the marketing of the ecosystem by extending the DAO’s activities onto the website, thereby creating awareness for Web3.

It has a section for Near Education, which have contents about Near Protocol and a customer care service to answer questions about the ecosystem.

This website is linked to the near wallet site and basic wallet creation steps. New wallet creators can also come back to the site for the initial Near deposit into their wallets to make it customizable.

It also stands as a medium where Web3 artistes can create accounts, have profiles on the website, and link their mintbase links to their profiles. The only music links that will be accepted on the site is Mintbase.

Videos relating to the DAO, such as music videos, documentaries and educational contents are also being steamed from the sites.

So far so good numerous job has been uploaded on the website since the creation in which made it easy for people all over the world to access what the reggae dao and the ecosystem at large are up to in the world of creativity

Your support will be highly appreciated as we are on a verge of bouncing back on our usual operations and in order to keep the positive energy towards achieving sustainable goal that will put the ecosystem on the deserved standard from our end.

Thanks.

Web designer : Ayomide Akimusire
@ayomide

Website name : www.Reggaedao.io
Budget: $300
Target wallet: reggaedao.near

Council members:
@jahzonemusician
@OfficerLehLeh_01
@LordKenny79
@hayyhux19

@marketingdao-council” “for visibility”

5 Likes

Really your support should be appreciated @marketingdao_councils

Hello,

I note that MDAO funded the website initially (US$550) and that a proposal to renew it was put on hold due to ‘transition to NDC’

What is the breakdown of the costs of the website?
How is the DAO performing without a website over the last few months?
Have you considered deploying the website as a decentralised Front-end on BOS? It would be way cheaper than the current costs and a good case study for transitioning a community on-chain

2 Likes

@satojandro

Thank you for your response. It was $500 approved for the website at first.

What is the breakdown of the costs of the website?

Design - (addition of new sections such as BOS integration, links to other Near Ecosystem Components) - $100

Updates - (news, innovations and upgrades on the current site components would be done) - $50

Re-activation for a year - (Hosting fee would be paid for a year) - $50

Website maintenance for three months - $100

How is the DAO performing without a website over the last few months?

Thank you. The DAO is the only DAO serving the Caribbean region (Patois Speaking Community) and since the website stopped running, important updates about the Near Ecosystem have not been updated on the website. The website also helps people upload their arts in Patois and since the closing, community artistes have not been able to do so. We intend to make it a front where innovations and updates about the Near Ecosystem are explained simply and thoroughly in Patois.

Have you considered deploying the website as a decentralised Front-end on BOS? It would be way cheaper than the current costs and a good case study for transitioning a community on-chain.

Yes. The goal is to build on BOS and encourage participation, engagement and BOS education eventually. Right now we are able to add BOS link into the website like we added the “create near wallet” link and drive people from our website to BOS. Thank you

3 Likes

Thank you for your proposal.

Could you share your engagement reports of what you guys have done for the past few months?

1 Like

@Bakaka … Thanks and sorry for the late response

For the past few month now that we haven’t gotten our website activated all our activities were directed to our social media handles from twitter to Facebook to Instagram to near.social and we this we have gained achievable goals within this capacity and this has led to the increase of our followers on the social media handles

On twitter we have 157 Post with 104 followers
Instagram : 29 post with 109 followers
Facebook: increase from 350 to 532 followers
Near.social: 26 followers
But there is more to be done that why we seeking support to be able to contribute own quota to the growth of the ecosystem through reggae world.

Could you please share all your social media handles?

1 Like

@Bakaka

Twitter: https://x.com/ReggaeDao?s=20

Facebook: Redirecting...

Near.Social: REGGAE DAO (reggaedao.near) | Near Social

Instagram: https://instagram.com/reggaedao.near?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Thanks

Hi @OfficerLehLeh_01 thanks for the proposal – Here is a link to the MarketingDAO Guidelines for October that were posted on the forum. They contain the NDC’s KPIs we are asked to focus on for allocating this month’s funds.

I understand you would like to reactivate your web site, but I do not think this is a fit for MarketingDAO funding this month for the following reasons:

• Your initiative received funding previously for a similar request.
  • At the time of the original request, it was more common for community funds to be allocated to purposes like this one. Today the funding requirements are different and need to demonstrate the promise of significant impact in the ecosystem. Web site development and maintenance is not within scope for community funds at the moment. I would recommend promoting your DAO via an on-chain option such as near.social.
  • I’m also noting the lack of activity on your Twitter and relatively small audience size there and on Instagram. It is no criticism, but I think we need to allocated limited funds on projects with current engagement and traction.

In encourage you to keep building, focus on interactions via BOS and invite you to join the MDAO Hub on Telegram for future announcements.

1 Like

Thank you for the links.

Echoing to the comments from @so608 i didn’t see a much engagements in your social accounts. And our core value is not aligned.

Unfortunately, i won’t support this time, do take a time to build your on-chain community and activities and resubmit next time.

Hello! Unfortunately, your proposal doesn’t align with NDC goals and KPIs, so I can’t support it. Please revise your proposal and submit it again.

1 Like

Thanks very much for the update, we are going to do just that, but is ok, one thing I want to make it clear is that ,we have :honeybee: building and onboarding but since we can’t get funding for up to a year now , things are really difficult, but we are still active on our social medias like telegram channel.
We are losing Trust from the WEB2 members that are newly onboarded, because of no Activities :star2::star2::star2::star2::star2::star2::star2:.
I believe some chances maybe added on the DAOs that are unsustainable like reggaedao :heart:
But is ok ,I just feel like we are collapsing .

Just saying out, if I’m not doing the right thing someone should let me know.
We have been creating wallets for new members.
How can keep spreading the gospel without getting FUNDED?

1 Like