[APPROVED] Web3 is Near, Kampala

Good evening, It says 3 people…

Hello Datcha. True team has three people.

1. Mucunguzi Moses @Mucu256

2. Hezron Elias https://twitter.com/eliashezron23

3. Lumala David. RealLumala (Eng. David Lumala) · GitHub

1 Like

Just to clarify- is this a in-person event? What is the venue?

1 Like

Yes please, this will be an in-person event.
Venue is the Makerere Innovation and Incubation Centre

https://miichub.com/

Hi @Mucu256 Thanks for sharing your proposal. Have you done past workshops that have received MarketingDAO funding or funding from other community DAOs? If so, can you share any reports? Thanks!

1 Like

Yeah sure, we have been an active guild and now regional hub. this our recent report in case you’ve just started reading marketing DAO proposals and reports [Report] Blockchain Club of Uganda Guild Monthly Report

Ok, thanks. Yes from me. Looking forward to seeing list of new wallets after the event :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you, we will be glad to share a report of success with a list of wallets of those we shall onboard as well as getting new devs to enrol for the Near Certifies developer courses.

3 Likes

Thanks for your proposal Mucu,

Are any of the three organiser Certified NEAR Developers/Analysts/Instructors?

Would you be able to provide receipts for the Venue, Refreshment and Swag with your next report?

I am somewhat skeptical of new wallet giveaways. Wondering if there is a way for people to do something to earn the NEAR while experiencing the blockchain, etc. Neardrops would be cool here, people can claim an NFT and wallet, etc.

2 Likes

Hello @satojandro Mr. David Lumala RealLumala (Eng. David Lumala) · GitHub finished his demo and his certificate will be out in two weeks. He took the course with guidance from the @Sankore2.0’s Otiano who is a certified instructor.

Sure, this is stuff I can ably provide in the report.

Firstly, we shall run twitter adverts with redeemable coupons before the event which will particularly be for swag give aways. Then we shall have the devs who register for the event will be entitled to the new wallet give away.
We shall have a registration form which will help us collet data for the new wallets. A list of these will be published in the report as already advised by @Dacha and agreed. Please let us know whether this tries to bring out the transparency required.

Thanks for answering all the questions from the MarketingDAO. This event is planned for next Saturday. Do you still have time to execute on the event given that the date is only a week away?

1 Like

Hello @so608,
We have been planning to push this event to mid May for proper preparation also to allow more time for the rest of the council members to assess our proposal.
Our newly proposed date is 15th May, given approval of this proposal.

Hello @marketingdao-council,
Please be notified that we have postponed this event to 14th of May to allow ourselves enough preparation time in case of approval by council. Web3 is Near, Sat, May 14, 2022, 2:00 PM | Meetup

Hello @marketingdao-council requesting your final thoughts on this. It’s also unavoidable to report to you that we shall further postpone this event.

I can support this proposal and look forward to seeing your report about the event.

1 Like

Thank you, this means we shall continue with preparations by pushing it for one more week.

Hi @Mucu256 thanks for your proposal. I note that you have answered the comments from @Dacha and @so608

I will support this and move it to Approve. You can now make a Poll on Astro

1 Like

@Mucu256 please add a comment on the Poll on Astro with your Target Wallet.

FYI every Poll needs to include the Amount Requested (which should match the total amount in the forum proposal) and the Target Wallet (which is the name.near wallet address that will receive the funds)

The Poll has been voted through but you need to complete the above before you can receive your payout

Thanks

2 Likes

Thanks, understood. I have done that.

2 Likes