[PROPOSAL] Post-panel content featuring NEAR and UAL

To: @community-team

From: Climate Emergency Network @ Central Saint Martins (CEN @ CSM)

Summary/Purpose:

An opportunity to document the academic discussion on art and climate neutral blockchain technologies in service of regenerative solutions for nature in collaboration with the leading art and fashion school in the world. The documentation will be done by a creative agency which needs to be paid for its live-scribing work, yet this content will be a fantastic give-away to those who attend and see the content online.

Description:

The Climate Emergency Network at UAL is organizing Earth Day Action on April 22, 2022. Students from across the UAL colleges will come together as creators, storytellers, interventionists, activists, and empaths on our collective climate change journey.

I am organising a panel talk with 4 guests, including Rebecca from the NEAR Foundation, to explore the intersection of art, technology, and nature, and how they can flow together to create a new resilience dynamic for the flourishing of life on earth.

The panel is advertised to 10,000 Post-Graduate students on the mailing list, is open to all 18,000 students in the University Arts London, and is also open to all interested external parties who come across this event.

The live-scribing support will be branded with UAL and NEAR and will be available for distribution online, will be shared with the academic community post-event and will be sent to all registered attendees afterwards

Team: thekarina.near responsible for organizing and payment

Goals/Objectives: Document the conversation about art, tech and nature, while promoting the NEAR ecosystem within the academic institution.

Milestones/Key results: HQ digital still image ready to use and share

Needs: payment of the agency fee comes down to ~$1800 USD. The fee includes digital canvas preparation, pre-drawing speakers, briefing meeting, live delivery, and 3 rounds of edits.

Other materials:

Link to the live event is here for more details is here:

Hey @kariboo - could the posted amount here be listed in USD?

Updated in the original text. Do you need the NEAR conversion? I am also conscious of the fluctuations and exchange rates when delivering exact payment.

Hi @kariboo - posting in USD is fine with the understanding you will be paid out in $NEAR; our Finance team does the conversion at the time of the payout but that’s a couple of steps away right now.

The @community-team is in agreement with covering this so please proceed to 1) completing the Google Form with your payout information; 2) issuing an invoice to community@near.foundation linking to this Forum proposal. You will then be issued a Reward Agreement to sign before the payout is sent.

For the full break-down and detail of the payout steps, you can refer to this post: [UPDATE] Ecosystem Development DAO Vertical.

Hello @mecsbecs !

Two questions: I am not representing a Guild or a DAO but that’s a mandatory field in the Google Form. Could you explain? I put “Community”.

Similarly for Astro DAO poll which is a mandatory field in the link. I read on the last link that I need to send the invoice instead of the poll. Could you clarify please?

Hey @kariboo, glad you’ve gotten the Form in and I’ve sent you a clarifying question on Telegram but close to getting this all submitted.

1 Like

Hello NEAR!

I have a bit of a challenge with this proposal. Last week when I received the funds in the amount of $1800 USD, the price of NEAR was $17.38 (or similar). I then went on to initiate the transfer into fiat to pay the creative agency that already delivered the work.

Except that because I have not initiated a fiat withdrawal on my exchange platform in the past, I had to go through a few administrative hoops in order to connect my account and I had to essentially wait several business days.

I have noticed now that NEAR has dropped by about 25% or so, it is now $13.06 or thereabouts, and I am short on the payment I need to deliver :grimacing:

The missing difference is now $415.64
(Received: $1800 / 106 N received = $16.98 price
(Now: 106N x $13.06 = $1384.36)

Is there a way I could get a small transfer to thekarina.near to help me transfer the funds to fiat and pay the agency? I signed a personal contract with them to help deliver. @community-team

THANK YOU. My fiat transfer is now set up so I will authorize it ASAP.

Hey,

Please submit another invoice to community@near.foundation

In the future, you might consider requesting a stablecoin instead of NEAR - just a heads up for next time :white_check_mark:

Hello @David_NEAR, @mecsbecs, @community-team - it’s been a week since I’ve submitted the new invoice and submitted the Google form, however I have not heard back from anyone from NEAR yet. Furthermore, the price has fell further. When I checked this morning it went down to $12.04.

Is there an indication when the payout might be processed since I am due to pay the invoice in 2 days now? Or should I submit the updated invoice (for $523.75) with the adjusted value based on further decrease in token price?

Hey,

The invoice should be submitted in USD and the conversion takes place when the finance team sends the funding out to prevent this type of issue from occurring.

That’s what will happen when the funding is issued.

The team have sent you a reward agreement, via email, you’ll need to sign that in order to proceed with the funding distribution.