[PROPOSAL] Photoggraphy NFT Project detailing OBSERVATION, DEDUCTION AND RESOLUTION in philosophy

Abstract

Philosophy is the bane of human evolution and growth, the avenue for which humans as a collective get to grow in ideology for cohabitation. The foundation of western reasoning today is from platonic thought which stems from constructive dialogue. Constructive dialogues utilize factual premises to attain resolution from the dialogue. The purpose of this project is to depict the three premise of philosophical reasoning which is observation, deduction and resolution. Photographs to depict these tenets in an illustrative way to project deep meaning for people inclined to the philosophical field to admire and resonate with the ideals as depicted in the photographs. These photographs would be accompanied by texts and quotes that would characterise posters to add utility value to the photographs after they are minted as NFTs and marketed through the Philosopher DAO store.

METHODOLOGY
The project would comprise 6 photographs as individual NFTs with subjective texts and merchandise that echoes the premise of each theme of the project. An example for the theme of “observation” would be the high res version of the photograph accompanied with physically printed poster and shirt with a quote that tallies with the theme “observation”. these extra utilities would accompany the purchase of the NFT for the collector

The project would be executed thus
MILESTONE 1: Contract writer in ecosystem to create captions and quotes about subject theme
MILESTONE 2: Contract model for the photo shoot
MILESTONE 3: Take shots according to theme
MILESTONE 4: Edit photographs to project aesthetic sentiment to theme
MILESTONE 5: Mint photographs to DAO store and liase with DAO on access to utilities by minting according to a smart contract

BUDGET ( TO BE REQUESTED PER EACH MILESTONE IN PROJECT)

Model: $20 per photograph, x 6 = $120
Location, Logistics and effort: $100
Curator of text and quotes for merch (Utility for NFT)s: $10 for each text x 6 = $60

EVALUATION

Each NFT would be sold at a price of 30N each to cover the production and shipping of the utility that accompanies the NFTs which are the shirt and poster for the collector who has acquired. This price would cover for the costs of the utilities and also be the source of remuneration for both author and the DAO (50% split between both parties and 5% for forever royalties for each party)

@thephilosopher

Instagram: www.instagram.com/joypurposeandchaos
twitter: www.twitter.com/joypurposechaos

4 Likes

Hi @chaos if you need quote curator I’ll be willing to work with you on this. I’m a writer too
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W_17sslr6aZ6DyiXWiwPFtbkOKqQoOMsgF7TvRTfvgs/edit?usp=drivesdk

3 Likes

How interesting, I loved it! Will there be an open call for artists and curators? As a non-artist, former photographic interpreter, producer, curator and concrete semi poet, I would love to get involved :v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Sure!!!

As stated above, the project needs a writer to curate the texts and quotes that correspond with the theme of each of the photographic context of the three themes

You are welcome to share a link to some of your works so the DAO can see.

Thanks

3 Likes

Nice… I’m ALL over The place here L | Twitter, Instagram, Spotify | Linktree :v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hi, @chaos. We’ve seen your proposal.
Thank you for your submission.
Sorry for taking so long to answer.
I have some observations for you.

First, I must say that the cost for your project is pretty adequate. Good call.

I think you must know that our mission is to onboard philosophers on the blockchain and make them use the web 3 applications created on near, and also bring academic philosophy to near community and to the blockchain, and growing our telegram community as a means to achieve our mission. My question is how does your project satisfy our mission?

We have another visual art project for increasing the number of people in our telegram, which is the bounty for thought experiments illustrations. Your project seems like this one, and yours could be improved to get some important metrics for us, like bring people to our telegram, or bring academic philosophers to the blockchain. This is my first suggestion. Speaking of which, we would be very glad if you could edit your project to present your metrics in a specific section.

Another suggestion is to let it clear in the project who is going to be hired for each function of the project. Where is the location? Who is model? Who is the writer? If this is going to be a bounty, how is it going to be decided? Votes from the DAO? Are u going to onboard everyone into NEAR? The photographer, the model, the curator, the owner of the location? I am asking that because we do not release resources for outside the blockchain for members who we are still knowing and we generally pay each person from the project separately, and only after the project is done successfully.

Another suggestion is for u to split location and your payment for taking and editing the photos. There is no problem for you to put a payment to you as a photographer for your effort. It is ok.

In case your project is approved, we are going to make a video call to know you and the people involved IRL, ok? And if you could present your curriculum vitae or portfolio, we would appreciate. This is a general request for all people we don’t know, and who wants to make a project funded by The Philosophers DAO. This is a precaution to avoid fraud.

We thank you again for your submission, and we will wait for your answer.

Regarding this, we have both had a conversation in the telegram chat of the Philosophers DAO where i stated to you that this project engages a broader approach to engaging people about philosophical concept and for lay people who might not understand the sophisticated terminologies used in explaining philosophy by using abstract photography concepts to explain to them after which these photographs would be NFTs that would benefit both author and the DAO altogether. I am new into web 3 and am building a portfolio of projects, please do not make things a little harder than they seem my friend, i have explained in all forms of transparency and simplicity concerning the budget. You once told me in the community to explain my connection to philosophy and i conveniently answered you that i have been an enthusiast of the subject since i took Logic and philosophy as a mandatory in my first year at the university

This project is different from your thought experiments in that its an illustration about philosophical concepts using abstract imagery… utilizing photographic allure and also inviting the audience to interact with the concept being projected. Like i stated in the project, this project would be an NFT that would entail utilities that accompany the NFT… The notable metric is that the project is an NFT for the DAO and from the activities we can observe, the DAO hasnt engaged in a project like this before with the anticipated utilities that accompany this one…

This is a simple project requesting just $200 thereabout, lets not try to make everything too complicated. If you were following the comments you would see that the writers were signifying interest already, i wouldn’t choose anyone participating in the project when the DAO has not said anything.
I MADE IT CLEAR THAT FUNDS WOULD ONLY BE REQUESTED PER EACH MILESTONE AFTER REPORT ACCOUNTED FOR EACH MILESTONE WHICH MEANS THAT FUNDS WOULD BE REQUESTED THREE TO FOUR TIMES OF THE MODEST SUM REQUESTED FOR THIS PROJECT
This is a photography project that translates philosophical concepts, please lets try and focus on the outcome of the project which is a philosophical themed projection in an NFT and not be concerned about onboarding who or not, the writers as you can see are going to be people from the ecosystem like they have commented already

I can make a video call but i cant say for the models since they have their own personal business of being models and would not want to complicate the project in front of them by requesting obligations from them that is not commensurate of their pay from the project, That is quite exhausting for everyone and some of these people speak different languages… let us keep it easy and concise, this is an NFT project, here is a google drive link to my signature Photo: Port - Google Drive
I am a conceptual and perspective photographer

I am happy that you said this
Thanks and expecting your positive response

1 Like