[APPROVED] NEAR Korea DAO Community Meetup: A Buidl.asia Side Event during ETH Seoul Week, June 2023, South Korea

Looks great, please try to make any updates that other members have suggested.

How many people are expected to attend?

And I’ll add my thoughts as well, after you corrected the a actual proposal for better review.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I have edited the actual proposal with the corrections. Thank you for your feedback!

I have edited the actual proposal with the corrections. Thank you.

We expect over 100 people to attend.

Thank you for your feedback!

@CoinEasy what a fantastic proposal! I wish I could be in Korea at that time!

Enjoy, and fly the NEAR banner high!

2 Likes

Thanks for your proposal Jaden,

Firstly I’d like to say that I had the opportunity to attend Korea Blockchain Week/Asia Buidl/ETH Seoul last year and meet the team in person.

There are a few things that I believe are very important to highlight and weight properly:

• Korea is a MASSIVE market. Most people may not realise it as it is somewhat insular, but I was personally blown away by how much untapped potential there is. As a result, since then, NEAR Foundation has invested heavily in a ‘Hub’ focused on Business Development and secured major partnerships. This also has to be seen in context of a very aggressive competitive landscape where all major L1s are trying to gain territory.
  • NEAR is a Diamond sponsor of Asia Buidl and there will be a very heavy presence including Illia, Alex Shevshenko, Matt Lockyer, among others (including myself).

A few questions for the team:

• Can we make sure that high profile NEAR people such as Illia and Alex Shevshenko attend the event?
  • Can we also invite the Korea Hub team and even partners that they’ve entered into. This would be top tier networking)
  • Are there any overlaps with the official NEAR programming (as Diamond sponsors) or Korea Hub?
  • Can you also confirm that this community event is not receiving any funding from any other source?
  • There is a strong chance that, even if approved, funding will not be available in time for the event. Are there any contingencies around this? (ability to cover funds and be reimbursed afterwards?)

Finally, some general commentary for fellow community members weighing in proposals:

One must be careful not to over index any one metric. Laser focus on a single metric, specially when it is done to advance a personal goal (i.e. IamHuman to NDC) risks dismissing most of the value proposition for the region. The challenge here is that the metric in question may be inadequate for the specific context. (i.e. at a conference when we can expose A LOT of people to NEAR, signing these brand new people to IamHuman is more likely to put them off because the app is so raw and new). Instead, using things such as Keypom that provide an actual smooth onboarding experience is preferred - first impressions matter.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your support! Miss you! Indeed :slight_smile:

Hello,

Thanks for your valuable feedback and questions. Here are the answers to your queries:

High-profile Attendance: We will invite high-profile NEAR people such as Illia and Alex Shevchenko to our event. If they can join. Their presence would be of immense value.

Involving the Korea Hub Team: We fully agree that inviting the Korea Hub team and their partners would enhance the networking opportunities at our event. We’ll make sure tell them attend.

Overlap with NEAR Programming or Korea Hub: We are coordinating closely with the NEAR programming team and Korea Hub to ensure there’s no overlap. Our event will complement the existing programs and provide additional value. This event is fundamentally a community-focused meetup. Our primary goal is to strengthen the NEAR community in South Korea by providing a platform for networking, collaboration, and knowledge exchange.

Funding Sources: This community event is solely seeking funding from NEAR. We are not receiving any funding from other sources.

Funding Contingency: We understand that funding might not be available on time. If approved, we’re ready to cover the event costs initially and get reimbursed later when the funds are available.

Regarding your commentary on metrics, we agree that focusing too much on a single metric, especially in a new and diverse region like Korea, might not capture the full impact of the event. We’ll make sure to provide a balanced experience and create a positive first impression of NEAR. For a smoother onboarding experience, we can indeed use tools like Keypom. Our ultimate goal is to expose as many people as possible to NEAR in a way that leaves a lasting positive impression.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to making this event a great success for NEAR and its community.

3 Likes

Can you submit your AstroDAO account ID please.

1 Like

I have edited the actual proposal with the corrections. AstroDAO account ID on the : nearprotocolkoreadao.sputnik-dao.near

Thank you for your prompt response,

Happy to support this proposal.

1 Like

Thanks for all the corrections

I am happy to support.

Let’s build NEAR again!

2 Likes

Thank you for all your adjustments and corrections.

Happy to support

Looking forward for your report.

Have a nice day

1 Like

Thank you for your support!

Let’s build NEAR again!

Have a nice day.

Hi @CoinEasy thanks for your proposal . I note that this has the support of both @IgbozeIsrael and @Bakaka from the Regional DAO team. Please take onboard the comments from @satojandro and i am willing to suppport. You need the support from one more council before being Approved.
Sounds like a great event!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the support and positive vibes! We’re taking all the feedback to heart and can’t wait to make this event as amazing as possible. Really looking forward to getting that final thumbs-up and hitting the ground running!

Thanks for the proposal – noting the support of the Regional DAO team and their recommendation (part of our new/current process for addressing regional proposals), I am happy to support. Moving this to approved. You can submit to Astro. Here are the instructions:

PAYOUT INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPROVED PROPOSALS

1. Go to the Marketing Astro DAO page https://app.astrodao.com/dao/marketing.sputnik-dao.near and click on green “+” “Create Proposal”

2. Choose proposal type “Propose a poll”, then include:

• Proposal name: this is the project/guild/member name

• Brief description of the project. It is helpful to copy/paste the same name used on the official Forum proposal post

• Amount in $USD. If you would like your funding issued in either NEAR or, for funding under $5K, a stablecoin (nDAI, nUSDC, nUSDO, and nUSDT), you must specify the currency request on your Astro poll.

• Target wallet

• Link to the proposal on the Forum

• To finalize, click on “Propose” button

Please input the correct information (target wallet, amount, link on proposal). Otherwise, your poll can be rejected. If the funding amount requested on Astro does not match the funding request on the Forum, your poll will be rejected.

1. Copy the link
  2. Then come back to https://gov.near.org/ 1 find your original proposal and paste the link.
  3. When your proposal is passed on Astro DAO, it will receive an “[Approved]” Status
  4. After that, approach NF for your payout proposal, following this guideline:
    [New Process] Community Payouts
1 Like

Thank you once again for approving our proposal.

Please help to check and approve: DAO Proposal (astrodao.com)

@cryptocredit @satojandro @so608 @Dacha

We’ve successfully completed the IronClad form!

@cryptocredit @satojandro @so608 @Dacha

3 Likes