[CLOSED] Marketing support for Side Event sponsorship during ETH Argentina, August 2023

Initiative Abstract

I am excited to present a proposal seeking marketing support for participating in a side event during Ethereum Argentina, titled SIWAFest. This event, co-organized by Criptolandia, Web3Makers, and Provacy, will take place on August 18, providing space to prominent voices in the web3 space in Argentina, as well as live shows.

The primary objective is to drive awareness and engagement with the Blockchain Operating System (BOS), highlight the upcoming BOS Hacks, bounties, attract new participants, and involve over 500 attendees in the mission of shaping an open-web future, empowering individuals from diverse backgrounds to embark on their web3 journey, with a special focus on BOS.

About Ethereum Argentina Event

The Ethereum Argentina event will be a 3-day conference focused on Ethereum and its community. During the event, participants will be able to attend talks by high-level speakers, network with other attendees, participate in a Hackathon (Buildathon), enjoy entertainment, engage in debates, and much more.

Date: Aug 16-19, 2023
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Side event Details

• Event Name: SIWAFest
  • Date: August 18, 2023
  • Duration: 5 hours
  • Co-organizers: Criptolandia, Web3Makers, Provacy
  • Expected Attendees: 500+

Primary Goals

• Promote and showcase the Blockchain Operating System (BOS)
  • Highlight the upcoming BOSHack hackathon and its opportunities
  • Encourage the Buildathon devs and teams to build on BOS
  • Present captivating bounties to incentivize engagement
  • Onboard New Participants into the BOS Ecosystem
  • Engage 500+ Attendees in the Mission of Building an Open-Web Future

Speakers and Presentation:

SIWAFest has confirmed the following speakers:

• Santiago Siri (Proof of Humanity & Capitalismo TecnolĂłgico Nacional)
  • Alejo sepulveda (Provacy)
  • Rommel (Nft Go)
  • Maxi Kragenzial (PintaToken)

To be confirmed speakers from Ripio, Globant and Mercado Libre.

As a speaker, I will have a dedicated 20 minutes slot to present the compelling features and potential of BOS. This presentation will captivate the audience’s attention, providing them with a clear understanding of the technology and its applications.

Metrics for Success

• Attract and onboard 80+ new BOS participants. New accounts created via ShardDog
  • Quantity of new BOS profiles established
  • Number of attendees contributing their first BOS component
  • Participation in the BOS Hacks hackathon
  • Geographic diversity of attendees, spanning various regions and backgrounds

Support Beyond the Event

• Office hours, workshops, and collaborative sessions for continued development
  • Invitation to participate in BOS Hackathons
  • Invitation to participate in bounties

Marketing Type: IRL event

Funding Scheme:

• Type: One-time marketing support
  • Investment:
    • Event speaker registration fee: $300
    • Event Banner: $300
  • Usage: Funding will be allocated for event logistics, promotional materials and participant incentives. Money will not go to the facilitator.

Total requested amount: $600
Wallet for funding: leandro-manzanal.near

Hello! Thank you very much for your proposal.

I suggest postponing your proposal to next quarter and focusing on the oncoming Elections in NDC. We all need to get at least 500 people to participate so that the Grassroots DAOs continue receiving funding.

Hi @leamanza thanks for your proposal.

Would echo the coment by @Dacha, unfortunately the Marketing DAO have limited funds to disburse for this month and we are focused on supporting projects that align with ecosystem KPIs - primarily the NDC election and BOS.

Therefore i am unable to support this proposal and suggest you resubmit in Q4.

Hi @Dacha , @cryptocredit ,
I understand the current focus is the NDC election and BOS alignment. While my sponsorship proposal for the upcoming event may not align with these immediate goals, it aimed to attract more developers to build on BOS. I’ll be sure to consider resubmitting in Q4.

Thanks,
Manza.

1 Like

Hi @leamanza – thanks for the proposal. I appreciate what you’re trying to do, and we have supported funding requests similar to yours in the past.

That said, for August, MDAO must allocate funding with a focus NDC election and BOS. Currently:

• We have $203K+ in funding requests coming from the community for August
  • We have ~$46K to deploy
  • We cannot fund everyone
  • The funding we allocate is limited and must directly and primarily align with ecosystem KPIs – which are NDC election and BOS content

Given the above, I cannot support funding for this proposal at this time. I do encourage you to keep building and come back in the future after the NDC election in September, the success of which is necessary in order for funding to continue for community projects.

Thank you for the work you are doing!

Hi @leamanza,

While we’re not able to support your proposal right now, I think in the future you could provide some detail on the specific deliverables and make a strong case for attracting projects to Near.

Hoping we can support something of yours in the future, just not today.

Thanks