[Closed] June 2023 NEAR - Real World Impact Video Series For Social Media Monthly Budget

Real World Impact Video Series + JUNE

:memo:Real World Impact Video Series

Real World Impact Video Series For Social Media
_

:open_book: Organization Name

NONCITIZEN
_

:date: Date Founded

09-12-2023

PREVIOUS FUNDING

:1st_place_medal: Is this the First Funding Request for This Project?

Yes

_

:abacus: What Type of Previous Funding Did You Recieve for This Project?

_

:open_file_folder: Previous Funding (If Any)

PROJECT URLS

:globe_with_meridians: Project URL

https://noncitizen.io/

_

:white_check_mark: Categorize Your Project

Content Creation and Distribution

_

:abacus: Social Media Distribution Channel URLs

The content will be shared publicly for the NEAR community to distribute/the NEAR marketing team. The goal is to create engaging content that is shareable across channels and platforms.

_

:earth_americas: Which Region Will Your Project Support?

North American

_

:mag: Is Your Project Targeting A Specific Country?

No - The ‘Real World Impact’ content series will be created in English, so mostly English speaking countries.

ABOUT ME

:white_check_mark: Your Name

Kristel

_

:link: Governance Forum Profile URL

_

:credit_card: Near Wallet ID

e4d3df04ef18cd0886027ef1d15bb72aeffad9960a9b1a0c649f4436859ba647

_

:round_pushpin: Country of Residence

The ‘Real World Impact’ content series will be created in English, so mostly English speaking countries.

_

:hatched_chick: Twitter

https://twitter.com/Web3Kristel

_

:art: Portfolio URL

_

:blue_square: Linkedin URL

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kristel-naraine/

_

:link: Additional Relevant Links

PREVIOUS PROJECTS

:tornado: Have You Been Involved In Any (Previous or Current) Funded Projects Related To The Marketing DAO?

No

_

:books: Previous Funded Projects That You Have Been Involved With

_

:briefcase: Will You Be Working By Yourself or With a Team?

By Myself

TEAM MEMBERS

:notebook: Total Team Members

_

:family_man_man_boy_boy: Info About Your Team

_

:fire: What related qualifications, experience or track record does your team bring to this initiative?

Accomplished social media marketing professional recognized for the ability to optimize conversions, create content, and drive traffic. Known for strengthening performance in competitive markets by delivering innovative concepts and strategies that follow best practices and industry guidelines. Effectively utilize competitive analysis, market research, testing, and statistical data to assess campaign plans and provide solutions that foster growth. Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communications skills, as well as the ability to manage large tasks and provide exceptional service while exceeding expectations.

Previous Web 3 Clients: Telos Kluest ApeSwap UnboundNow

PROJECT PROPOSAL

:clipboard: Project Overview: Short High-Level Summary of the Purpose of Your Project
Allow me to elaborate on the potential benefits and value that my video production services can bring to your project. Enhanced Brand Awareness: Through professionally crafted videos, I can elevate your brand awareness among potential users, developers, and investors in the NEAR community. By showcasing the unique aspects of NEAR, its vision, and its offerings, we can create a strong and memorable impression.

Clear Communication of Value Proposition: I specialize in distilling complex concepts into visually compelling narratives that resonate with viewers. By highlighting the benefits and features of the NEAR protocol, I can effectively communicate its value proposition, making it easier for the audience to understand and appreciate.

Increased User Engagement: Engaging videos have the power to captivate viewers and drive higher user engagement. I can showcase real-world use cases, success stories, and the impact of the NEAR protocol, encouraging participation, adoption, and community involvement for the growth of the NEAR ecosystem.

Expanded Reach and Amplified Messaging: Leveraging social media platforms and targeted distribution strategies, I can ensure that your video content reaches the right audience at the right time. This amplifies your messaging, extends the reach of your video, and generates valuable leads.
_

:mag_right: What Problem Are You Aiming to Solve

Web 3 video content lacks the emotional charge it needs to bring more users into the space. NEAR Protocol has an opportunity to use video storytelling as a way to show it’s community what it’s strategic vision is. We know that we can read all about it, but people need to visualize what the future of NEAR can look like.

_

:white_check_mark: How Does This Project Solve the Problems You’ve Listed?

I believe that video storytelling is a powerful way to engage new and existing users of web 3. NEAR’s bustling ecosystem needs to be highlighted more. The video(s) will show how impactful the dApps on NEAR are to their users, and it will show it’s real-world use and impact.

_

:rocket: Which of the Following Will Be The Result of Your Project?

Increase Members Within Ecosystem Discords (includes NEAR, NEAR Meet, NEAR social media), Increase Members Within Near Social Media (https://near.social)

:money_with_wings: What Is the Total Funding Amount You Are Requesting?

$2000

:hourglass_flowing_sand: What is the Length of Commitment to Delivering Your Project?

1 Month

_

:stopwatch: Start Date of the Project/Campaign

06-25-2023

_

:hourglass: End Date of the Project/Campaign

07-23-2023

_

:toolbox: Anything Else We Should Know Before Evaluation You This Project?

The difference between a good and a great protocol is its ability to tell its story. It’s about taking NEAR from a Web 3 protocol that is great to one that has a lasting cultural impact.

1 Like

Thank you for your proposal.

Thoughts:

It seems like you are new to the ecosystem, I suggest you take some time and learn more about the ecosystem, especially the guidelines on how to submit a proposal and what the requirements are.

Your Hello Telos sample clip is not convincing, despite the fact that you have reached subscribers on your channels.

Again, you requested 2K for a single video of less than 2 minutes, is that not concerning? i don’t know the magic behind these short clips that cost this amount.

Finally, I will recommend you take some time to learn more about Near, just as you did in Telos by looking at your channel.

1 Like

Hello, can you please elaborate about the video.

Full Computed ? Real life ?
hd/2k/4k?
Duration ?

2k for a video is a big amount from my pov

Hi, and thank you for your response; all good thoughts.

I am not new to NEAR but new to engaging and sharing ideas. I’m more of a silent observer, but I get your point. Engage more.

The HelloTelos clip’s reach was not part of my deliverables, and it was a proposal made to the Telos Network for them to share on THEIR channel. So metrics such as reach, engagement, and views were not a part of my scope. So this would be the same approach, the video is for NEAR and the community to share freely. My goal is to create content that the community would be proud to share across various channels.

$2K for a video of this length, quality, and story does warrant this price tag; I’ve done 30-second videos for a lot more. Video production, writing scripts, editing, audio display/editing, and color grading all take a lot of work. But I understand that 1 video at $2K might be jarring.

This video would also be a collaborative effort with the NEAR team; I’d request a 30-minute chat with their branding or marketing director to discuss the vision and how I can incorporate it within the narrative.

I hope this has answered your questions; if anything else, let me know.

Thanks,
Kristel

question is what type of video are you making? if its the same as the youtube one you advertised, a lot of that is just stock b roll clips from the internet. (if im wrong i apologize). Would like to see more of your video production/editing work.

Hi! Thanks for your question; a lot of that is stock from Adobe Stock and Film Supply (I can’t link here, but please check out the websites. These stock videos are not cheap at all. Film Supply charges $219 per clip, and I use several clips throughout, as you can see, so it adds up quickly).

I will add my other works to the proposal soon. Let me know if you have other questions.

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for your questions.

These videos will be fully computed, I use stock videos (Film Supply, Artlist etc) which are costly but provide the best in terms of quality footage.
The video will be 4K.

I’m getting the consensus that $2K for a single video is a lot (I completely understand that it is, so no argument from me on that, but I do spend quite a bit of my own funds sourcing the footage). That said, I’m wondering if creating a series of short videos might better suit the needs of the community.

Perhaps:

• 4 short videos (30 seconds max each)
  • Each video is focused on a single value proposition of NEAR

On their own, each video tells a complete story about the specific pillar/value proposition of the protocol. When combined as a series, it tells an even more fulsome story of the protocol’s benefits.

Thoughts?

Here’s a link to my work, as per your request: Kristel Naraine - Krop

1 Like

Hi @kristel-socialmedia thanks for your proposal. In reviewing this, I cannot support the proposal in this form. That said, I do think high-quality, short form video content can be valuable for the ecosystem. Here are my comments about the proposal – I hope they will help you think about how to continue participating in the NEAR ecosystem and potentially find a way forward with future proposals:

• It’s rare that proposals from first-time posters to the forum are approved without revision or a number of rounds of feedback.
  • The Marketing DAO funds projects and initiatives from the NEAR community to help them accelerate and grow more quickly than they can on their own. Because of that, it is important for us to be able to see community involvement from proposers. We are also not funders of marketing for the NEAR brand specifically, as the NEAR Foundation has its own marketing team, campaigns and initiatives. We support community initiatives and, in doing so, support and promote NEAR, but our funding is not part of their official marketing budget if that makes sense.
  • In order to approve a proposal, we need to see how the proposer plans to meet the KPIs in the guidelines set out for us by the NEAR Foundation. Your proposal mentions metrics in terms of growth on a set of NEAR channels, but it’s unclear to me how you would track the connection between your content production and growth on those channels since they’re not your own channels. You’d need a partnership or pre-agreed relationship with those entities in order to adequately report on the impact of the content.
  • Similarly, the impact of content is often more tied to who is posting it and on what channel vs. the specific format or design. Yes, quality and creativity are important, but fo the content to have high impact, it needs to be pushed out by a source that is able to garner attention and engagement – were you planning to push the content on your own channels or posting on other channels? In the future, I would recommend outlining the strategy for achieving growth and impact in more detail.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi! Thank you very much for your insight, feedback, and recommendations. I completely understand your points and will reflect, re-adjust, and resubmit a proposal at a later time.

I will spend the next month or so crafting a better proposal; I appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!

Hello! Unfortunately, I can’t support your
proposal at the moment. It would be great
of you prepared a comprehensive road map.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback. I will be resubmitting a more comprehensive plan soon.

1 Like

Hi @kristel-socialmedia

Thanks for your proposal.

Unfortunately, I cannot approve this proposal for the following reasons:

• The price points are too high
  • The distribution channels need to be your own (the near foundation will not be publishing 3rd party videos on its behalf)
  • No examples of previous work

Hi @Klint
Thanks for the feedback. I plan to resubmit a proposal at a later date, based on everyone’s initial review.

Many thanks,
Kristel