[Closed] For A Web 3 Radio Show

Proposal For A Web 3 Radio Show

Introduction:

I am Hephzibah Light Benjamin-Elson, a graduate of English and Literary Studies with a proven track record as a presenter and duty continuity announcer on radio and television stations, with a wealth of years of quality experience. I am proposing the establishment of a groundbreaking Web 3 radio show and complementary Twitter Spaces sessions dedicated to promoting awareness and understanding of Web 3 and the Near Protocol Blockchain.

Rationale:

Filling a Knowledge Gap: Recognizing the rapidly evolving nature of Web 3 and the Near blockchain technology, there is a pressing need for accessible and up-to-date educational resources. This radio show aims to bridge this knowledge gap.

Showcasing Use Cases: In addition to educating the audience about the Web 3 technology itself, the program will delve into real-world applications and case studies of the Near Protocol Blockchain, demonstrating its practical relevance.

Guest Speaker Series: Implementing a regular segment featuring renowned experts, industry pioneers, and key stakeholders in the blockchain space will provide unique insights and diverse perspectives, enhancing the program’s credibility and value.

Leveraging the Power of Radio:
Radio remains a formidable medium, offering unparalleled reach and accessibility. Radio is the dominant news platform in Nigeria, with 77.4% overall and more than seven in 10 across all major demographic groups saying they listen to the radio for news at least weekly. In my area, it holds a particularly influential position. With a diverse demographic, including a significant student population, radio is a trusted source of information and entertainment.
Unlike other media forms, radio allows for passive consumption, enabling listeners to engage with the content while multitasking or during their daily commutes. This creates a unique opportunity to disseminate complex concepts in a digestible manner.
Furthermore, radio has the advantage of a direct line to our target audience, ensuring maximum impact and engagement.

Integration with Twitter Spaces:
Twitter Spaces provides a dynamic platform for hosting live audio conversations, allowing us to connect with our audience in real time. It offers the following advantages:
Interactive Engagement: Twitter Spaces facilitates direct interaction with our audience, allowing for instant feedback, questions, and discussions during live sessions.
Wider Reach and Accessibility: Twitter has a global user base, providing us with an opportunity to reach a diverse and international audience interested in Web 3 and blockchain technology.
Collaborative Opportunities: We can invite experts, thought leaders, and enthusiasts to co-host Twitter Spaces sessions, further enriching the content and providing diverse perspectives.
Promotion and Amplification: Twitter Spaces sessions can be promoted through our existing social media channels, creating a cross-platform presence and maximizing visibility.

Objectives:
1. In-depth Educational Content
Develop a comprehensive curriculum for the radio show, covering fundamental and advanced topics in Web 3 and the Near Protocol Blockchain.
Create supplementary resources such as articles, infographics, and explainer videos to reinforce learning.

2. Foster a Vibrant Community
Establish an online community platform with discussion forums, Q&A sessions, and networking opportunities for listeners.
Organize monthly webinars or virtual meetups with experts to facilitate knowledge exchange and community building.

3. Expand Reach and Impact
Leverage social media platforms, blogs, and podcasts to promote the radio show and attract a wider audience.
Explore partnerships with relevant organizations and influencers in the blockchain space to amplify visibility.

Mobilizing Listeners for Twitter Spaces through the Radio Show:
One of the key strengths of the Web 3 radio show lies in its ability to serve as a powerful catalyst for mobilizing and engaging our audience in real-time conversations on Twitter Spaces. By strategically intertwining these two mediums, I can create a dynamic ecosystem that maximizes audience participation and fosters a sense of community.

1. Cross-Promotion and Synchronization:
The radio show will serve as a launching pad to promote upcoming Twitter Spaces sessions. During radio broadcasts, we will actively inform listeners about scheduled Twitter Spaces discussions, providing them with the opportunity to join live conversations and interact directly with our hosts and guest speakers.

2. Pre-Show Teasers and Sneak Peeks:
In the lead-up to Twitter Spaces sessions, I will utilize the radio show to generate anticipation and excitement. Special segments will be dedicated to previewing the topics, inviting questions from the audience, and offering sneak peeks into the key points that will be discussed during the upcoming Twitter Spaces event.

3. Call-to-Action and Participation Encouragement:
The radio show will feature dedicated segments encouraging listeners to actively participate in Twitter Spaces discussions. I will provide clear instructions on how to join the Twitter Spaces sessions, ensuring a seamless transition from passive radio listening to active engagement in live audio conversations.

4. Coordinated Content Themes:
To enhance synergy between the radio show and Twitter Spaces, I will align content themes and topics. For instance, a radio episode focusing on the benefits of decentralized finance (DeFi) can seamlessly lead into a Twitter Spaces session featuring industry experts providing deeper insights and engaging in real-time Q&A sessions on the same topic.

5. Listener Feedback Loop:
The radio show will actively seek feedback from listeners, encouraging them to share their thoughts, questions, and suggestions for future content. I will emphasize that Twitter Spaces provides an ideal platform to further explore these topics and engage in direct, interactive conversations with our hosts and special guests.

6. Exclusive Twitter Spaces Announcements:
In addition to promoting scheduled Twitter Spaces sessions on the radio show, I will also leverage Twitter Spaces for exclusive announcements, such as surprise sessions with industry leaders or impromptu discussions on emerging trends. This element of spontaneity will further incentivize our radio show audience to actively participate in Twitter Spaces events.
By seamlessly integrating the radio show and Twitter Spaces, I aim to create a dynamic, multi-platform experience for my audience. This approach not only extends the reach of my educational initiatives but also nurtures a vibrant community of engaged learners, enthusiasts, and experts in the Web 3 and blockchain space.

Proposed Name For The Show:
Near Decentralized Dialogues: Web 3 Explained"

Proposed Topics:

1. Introduction to Web 3.0 and Blockchain Technology:
Providing a foundational understanding of Web 3.0 and how it differs from previous iterations of the internet.

2. Demystifying Blockchain:
Exploring the core concepts of blockchain technology, including decentralized ledgers, consensus mechanisms, and smart contracts.

3. Use Cases of Near Protocol Blockchain in Various Industries:
Examining real-world applications of Near Protocol blockchain in finance, supply chain, healthcare, gaming, and more.

4. NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens):
Diving into the world of NFTs, their significance, and how they are revolutionizing ownership and digital assets.

5. Decentralized Finance (DeFi):
Discussing the emergence of DeFi platforms, their benefits, and potential risks associated with decentralized finance.

6. Smart Contracts and DApps:
Exploring the functionality and potential of smart contracts, as well as the development and use of decentralized applications.

7. Crypto and Digital Wallets:
Providing insights into the various types of wallets, their features, and best practices for securing cryptocurrency.

8. Near Protocol Blockchain Innovations and Trends:
Highlighting the latest developments, breakthroughs, and emerging trends in the Near Protocol blockchain space.

KPI
Audience Reach:
A good number of radio show listeners per episode.
A good number of Twitter Spaces session participants.

Engagement Levels:
At least 30% of radio show listeners who actively participate in discussions or send in questions.
A good number of Twitter Spaces attendees who actively engage by asking questions or providing comments.

Community Growth:
At least 30% of listeners who becomes onchain members and are active within the community.

Social Media Metrics:
Increase in followers on social media platforms (Near Social, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Telegram).
Engagement metrics such as likes, shares, comments, and retweets on social media posts related to the initiative.
Content Consumption:
A good number of downloads or listens for each radio show episode.
Duration of engagement with Twitter Spaces sessions (average time spent by participants).
Guest Speaker Impact:
Good Feedback and ratings from onchain guest speakers regarding their experience participating in the initiative.

Conversion Rates:
At least 30% of radio show listeners who also engage with Twitter Spaces sessions.
At least 30% of radio show listeners and Twitter Spaces sessions attendees who also engage onchain.
At least 40% of onchain members who interact with at least 2 Near Dapp weekly.

Feedback and Surveys:
Conduct surveys or collect feedback from the audience to measure satisfaction and gather suggestions for improvement.
Retention Rate:
A good percentage of initial listeners who continue to engage with the initiative over time.
Community Engagement Levels:
A good number of discussions, questions, and interactions within the onchain community.

Budget Breakdown:

Radio Airtime ($110 per episodes) X 4 $440
Graphic design, branding and promotional materials: ($70 per episodes) X 4 $280
Audio production ($60 per episodes) X 8 $240
Video production ($100 per episode) X 4 $400
Internet connection and utilities: $70
Logistics:$65
Give Aways: $200
Educational Memes And info-Graphics For Social Media Platforms (3 per day) $1000
Contingency and Miscellaneous Costs:
(Reserve for unexpected expenses or additional needs) $50
Guest Speakers: ($100 per episodes) $400
Personal Renumeration $500

Total: $3645
Wallet: neardecentralizeddialogues.near

The proposed Web 3 radio show represents an innovative and impactful approach to educating and engaging with a wide audience on the subject of Web 3 and the Near Protocol Blockchain. With a strategic focus on content creation and community building, this initiative aims to make a significant contribution to the Near Protocol blockchain Ecosystem.

I look forward to the opportunity to bring this vision to fruition and contribute to the ongoing advancement of Web 3 technology and the Near Protocol Blockchain.

1 Like

Hi @FabDab thank you for your proposal. I am still trying to get a complete picture of what you are proposing and have a couple of questions:

• What will be the duration of each episode? How often will you broadcast?
  • What coverage - is this a national radio station in Nigeria?
    Thanks

The broadcast will be 15 minutes twice a week. Each episode is made up of two 15 minutes broadcast.
It will be aired on three different stations; in Ekiti State, Ondo State and Lagos state.

The cost I quoted is to pay for the three stations, 1 episode per week, 4 episodes for a month.

Thank you for your proposal.

Unfortunately, your proposal doesn’t align with NDC goals and KPIs, so I can’t support it. Please revise your proposal and submit it again next month.

2 Likes

Hi @FabDab thank you for responding to my questions. I like your idea but i am unable to support in its current form. As this is a new and untested project, perhaps it would be a good idea to make a pilot show. This would give the community a better understanding of what is possible. Thanks

1 Like

Okay.
Thank you. See you next month.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will work on it.

I have a question though, if I do a pilot from my purse, will I get a refund?