[Closed] FASHION DESIGNERS HANG OUT WITH NEAR IN Aba, October 2022

Proponent : @Styleherbalist
I’m Ojukwu Johnson, a web3 fashion designer, a fashion event marketer and a digital artist. Now based in Aba, Abia State, Nigeria. I am a co-founder of DIGITALFASHION DAO [introduction] Near Digitalfashion Dao under Creatives Dao and a member of Graffiti dao.

As a web3 fashion designer in Near Ecosystem, one of my aims is to connect and collaborate with other creatives in Near Ecosystem to onboard and educate other Fashion designers in my local community(Aba) about Near Protocol and its Ecosystem, benefits of web3 over web2 in this digital art revolution.

Project Description
This project is all about sensitization… A lot Fashion designers in my City(ABA) are still operating in web2 and don’t know anything about web3 and has never heard nor have any knowledge of Near Protocol nor its Ecosystem. The Hangout is Educating them and making them see the benefits of web3 over web2 in this digital art revolution, which to me is the best way to onboard them into the Ecosystem… Aba as a city is a commercial city of creatives popularly known as African China, it is a city located in Abia State, Nigeria where 80% of the People are Creatives and 60% are in fashion sector.
I believe fashion is an art and fashion designers are artists and they should be dominating the web3 Ecosystem and Near Ecosystem should be a place for them, so engaging them and sensitizing them about Near Protocol and it Ecosystem will be a starting point… And when they are onboarded into the Ecosystem, there is at least two major Daos that focus on fashion, which are Near Fashion Dao and Near DigitalFashion Dao, this Daos can get them engaged while they experiment the Ecosystem.

This project is a development from this>>[Closed] ABA FASHION DESIGNERS HANG OUT WITH NEAR for August

Target Wallet : styleherbalist.near

Project Time : October 2022

Metrics FOR SUCCESS

• 20 Fashion designers in Attendance.

• Onboarding 20 Creatives(fashion designers).

• Creation of 20 new wallets.

• 10 pictures and a video documentary for social media platforms( this picture and video posted in all social media platforms will also help in spreading the gospel of Near)

Total Budget : $1,070 in Dai
:heavy_check_mark: Hangout Spot $100
:heavy_check_mark: Refreshment(Drinks and snacks) for 20 fashion designers $400
:heavy_check_mark: Dj services $100
:heavy_check_mark: printing of banner and 20 invitations cards $150
:heavy_check_mark: Creation of Near wallet for 20 fashion designers $20
:heavy_check_mark: photography and video documentary $200
:heavy_check_mark: Team bounty $100

12 Likes

It’s a wonderful and helpful proposal and it goes in line with NEARs vision

2 Likes

Thanks fam… Tagging @marketingdao-council for visibility

1 Like

Hello @Styleherbalist

Sorry, but the proposal is out of the aims and budgets of onboarding-dao.

1 Like

How do designers in Nigeria partying get NEAR closer to 1 Billion users on-chain?

1 Like

Great initiative :clap: kudos​:sparkles:

1 Like

The aims of my proposal is line with marketing dao @marketingdao-council deserves to get approved because it will promote and increase Near Ecosystem…

2 Likes

I don’t think you really went through my proposal because if you do I don’t think you will ask me this kind of question and as well think in this direction…

Thanks fams… You can join the Near fashion designers community on telegram Telegram: Join Group Chat

1 Like

Is the proposal still open? I would like to show my portfolio to participate in this project as a DJ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay fam… Is open and waiting for the approval of the @marketingdao-council

1 Like

Ohh okay sorry, I am still new navigating in this Ecosystem, will wait until the approval!

2 Likes

Hi @Styleherbalist – thanks for the proposal. Can you give me some additional details on how the event is likely to get fashion designers actively participating in the NEAR ecosystem? From your POV, why is it important for them to be involved in Web3 and more specifically NEAR?

We also need an understanding of the metrics and outcomes you’ll be using when you report back about the project, should it be funded. We typically prefer metrics that demonstrate a direct connection to growth in the NEAR ecosystem. Can you outline how this project will lead to new active NEAR wallet users, new devs or projects in the ecosystem, new active users of existing projects, etc?

Thanks!

2 Likes

As I said earlier, Fashion is an art and fashion designers can also be referred as artists… So once they are onboarded into the Near Ecosystem they are automatically digital artists and can belong to fashion community here in the Ecosystem like Near DigitalFashion Dao which educate fashion designers on the tools they need to operate as digital fashion designers in Web3 and as well engage them in creating digital fashion arts and crafts as wearable NFTs which they will mint on mintbase and other Near blockchain market places…

Why is important is because this fashion designers are creatives and if guided can contribute in building the Near Ecosystem with their creativity and arts.

Thanks you for this questions… During this hangout, new wallets will be activated for the attendees which they will be using to mint their digital fashion designs and as well engage in other activities in the Ecosystem…

2 Likes

I have read your proposal many times.

You are making broad statements based on assumptions. ‘We have great designers. Designers will be big on Web3. NEAR is great for designers.’ - these are observations at best.

How could you validate this hypothesis without charging $1,000? There is little to no reassurance that people who enjoy a night out with friends will convert into Web3 designers. Even if they are - how does that help us onboard a million people?

To be clear, my issue is not with the event. People have a right to party. But not everyone is entitled to party on the Community Funds’ money.

The ego, the entitlement, the refusal to answers questions from the community while demanding money be handed over…

2 Likes

@hairen I have gathered a lot of my colleagues for different purpose that has not to do with near but I end up preaching the gospel of Near to them and they got interest and I onboard them into the ecosystem without informing the community or demanding any funds from the community, in my city, Aba, here in Nigeria, I am one of the most influential fashion designer but unfortunately, I think I’m the only one who is so rooted in web3 apart from the ones I onboarded recently and there are thousands of creative fashion designers and craft designers who are knows little or nothing about web3 nor Near Protocol…

This hangout is 100% reassurance and the best approach that will serve as a side attraction while I convert this designer to web3 designers and onboarding 20 fashion designers according to my metrics for success will automatically creates a chain in enlarging our Ecosystem and increasing the community of fashion designers in Near Ecosystem who are willing to contribute and help build the ecosystem with their creative skills and expertise as web3 designers.

2 Likes

Seems to me that this proposal would not translate in organic and sustained increase of NEAR network usage.

1 Like

You can’t just run into conclusions… Imagine where this 20 designers are onboarded into Near ecosystem and they all get to discover all the necessary web3 tools they needed to enable them operate as web3 fashion designers, organically it has increased Near network users because this fashion designer will start creating digital fashion designs as wearable NFTs and minting them in mintbase and other market places that operate on Near Blockchain

2 Likes

Every time someone sayd the gospel of NEAR a developer dies.

NEAR IS NOT A RELIGION. This is not about believing blindly that someone will come from the skies and solve all your problems (including but not limited to funding all sorts of random things in your community that have nothing to do with NEAR)

We need builders. Problem solvers. People to truly enagge with the technollogy, we are barely scratching the surface of what is possible. Funds should be available for people pushing the boundaries and creating real impact. Early conversations with your circles about NEAR are great, but according to recent data there are hundreds of thousands of people around the world doing that right now (for free).

Get these amazing designers to do a little investment of their time and brains upfront, prove they are indeed interested in embarking on this journey and then come up with a proposal that can show some real, tangible benefits.

1 Like

Hi.
Your metric is not entirely clear. Will this party and fashion show be for only 20 designers? Where are the mods implemented? You have your own DAO and your own designers, why didn’t you start teaching them WEB3 before this offer?
Thx :relieved:

1 Like