[Closed] december 2023 funding for afrocritik tech talk with near weekly newsletter, x spaces, blog and social media campaigns in africa

[PROPOSAL] DECEMBER 2023 FUNDING FOR AFROCRITIK TECH TALK WITH NEAR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER, X SPACES, BLOG AND SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGNS IN AFRICA

INTRODUCTION

We are Afrocritik, Africa’s prime media outfit showcasing African art and entertainment on a global scale, with a diverse portfolio that includes entertainment, arts, culture, and lifestyle.

Cognizant of our diversity and rich multi-cultural uniqueness, we tell African stories through African lens, inviting the world to the luxury that is Africa. Our mission is to foster a thriving ecosystem for African creators and enable them to flourish within the realm of emerging technologies, including web3 undertakings which NEAR provides.

At Afrocritik, we recognize the power of blockchain technology, and we are eager to leverage the NEAR Blockchain Protocol to catalyze the growth of digital creativity and innovation across the African continent. With your support, we aim to initiate an extensive marketing campaign focused on fostering web3 education and facilitating the seamless integration of African creatives and entertainers into the NEAR ecosystem.

With over a million web impressions, hundreds of thousands of page views with over 80k organic monthly visitors on our website (www.afrocritik.com), 3k plus followers on Instagram and X (formerly twitter) respectively, and about 1k weekly X spaces listeners, we have the capacity to drive proper web3 education in Africa that highlights the unique value proposition of NEAR Protocol, bring African creators into the NEAR ecosystem, help them in appreciating the sophistication of web3 technology, drive user acquisition and retention and let them know that this is the best place for them to develop their creativity in art, fashion, music, film and poetry.

By providing editorial and media services, we’ve gained the trust of creators who are still in the web2 world and we are of the strong opinion that it is the right time to facilitate a seamless transition into web3 offerings, with the support of NEAR.

We must reiterate that a major goal of Afrocritik since inception has been to push existing boundaries with the goal of fusing entertainment with emerging technologies, as web3 offers countless opportunities for the near future. We believe this goal can be accomplished as we partner with NEAR to create more wallets, transactions and familiarize with blockchain activities like minting NFTs, Defi, DAO, smart contracts and other dApps building on NEAR Protocol.

We have attached a comprehensive proposal detailing action points and proposed benchmarks to aid the success of this initiative.

Links to our social media pages:

X (formerly twitter):https://x.com/afrocritik

Instagram: https://instagram.com/afrocritik

Facebook: Afrocritik

CATEGORY

Culture
Music
Art
Film
Impact
Web3 Education

PROPOSAL

[PROPOSAL] Afrocritik Tech Talk with NEAR

In December 2023, we aim to launch a weekly newsletter and biweekly X spaces titled “Afrocritik Tech Talk with NEAR” to create more awareness about blockchain technology and web3 in Africa.

The weekly newsletter will be published on our website with over 80k organic visitors while our X spaces have over 1k listeners and with the support from Near, we can advance on our marketing for the X spaces and draw more attention of Africans to the creativity in the NEAR Ecosystem as the Blockchain Operating System (BOS).

EXPECTED OUTCOMES

Raise awareness on how NEAR blockchain can be beneficial for African creatives.

Bridge the gap between NEAR and African entertainers and creators.

Identify and invite African artists, film makers, and poets to join, trade and transact on Near protocol through web3 education and campaigns.

ROADMAP WITH DATES

7th and 28th December 2023 - Afrocritik biweekly X (formerly twitter) spaces; “Afrocritik TechTalk with Near” X spaces.

1- 29 December 2023 - Afrocritik weekly newsletter; “Afrocritik TechTalk with Near” weekly newsletter to be published on our website and other channels.

14 and 21 December 2023 - Review and interview of top web3 creators on the Near Blockchain.

December 2023 - Drive the Near BOS campaign in Africa through Afrocritik channels.

BUDGET BREAKDOWN AMOUNT (USD)

X spaces host $200

Editor for weekly Newsletter
“Afrocritik TechTalk with NEAR” $400

Marketing and campaign for
“Afrocritik TechTalk with NEAR” X spaces. $500

Graphics design $100

Production and promotion of a
short video Instagram reels $250

Total $1,450(USD)

1,480 NEAR

This an appeal for funding of marketing and campaigns of NEAR BOS and web3 education in Africa.

Kind Regards,

Douglas Efeeloo
Business Development Manager
Afrocritik
douglas.efeeloo@afrocritik

Thank you for your proposal

Unfortunately, i wont support this proposal

I do not see how this proposal will help us meet our core values and KPIs for October https://gov.near.org/t/marketing-eco-dao-octobers-funding-round/36635

Suggestion,

Contact @Dedeukwu and collaborate; he will assist you with the CDAO process, as your proposal is more relevant to them than the MDAO.

I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Hi @Douglasefeeloo thanks for the proposal. I can’t support at this time. In reviewing the proposal and your social media, there is not enough of a connection between your platform and the key funding objectives the Marketing DAO has currently in place.

For reference, Here is a link to the MarketingDAO Guidelines for October that were posted on the forum. They contain the NDC’s KPIs we are asked to focus on for allocating this month’s funds.

I agree with @Bakaka that there might be a way forward via a future collaboration with the team at the @creativesdao-council

1 Like

Hello! Unfortunately, your proposal doesn’t align with NDC goals and KPIs, so I can’t support it. Please revise your proposal and submit it again.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll have to forward my proposal to CDAO as @Bakaka advised.