[APPROVED] Community Run - BOS Weekly Code Review & Content Distribution [REQUESTING TO REFUND MDAO]

Section 1 - Project Information

Organization Name:

Build DAO hacks.sputnik-dao.near

Proposal Title

Community Run - BOS Weekly Code Review & Content Distribution

When was your project established? If it is new, use today’s date.

Build DAO officially started in May, 2023, Banyan Collective started officially in 2022 and has been supporting Build DAO initiative to spin out into a community run entity.

Section 2. Previous Funding

Have you received funding for this project from any source?

We are receiving bounties for facilitating BOSHACKS from different people that goes entirely to builders. Some entities that BOSHACKS have received bounties from include:

• Creatives DAO;
  • NDC Governance Work Group;
  • GenaDrop,
  • Proof Of Vibes,
  • Indexer.xyz, and
  • Mailchain.
  • We have also supported EVM communities like Raid Guild in shipping BOS components as well.

Banyan Collective supports educational resources for Dev Rel. Many past Banyan programs are being bucketed under this brand to give the community more power for development.

We have proactively created 19 educational workshops to fill the needs of the community with the biggest experts in the space. So much so we were even asked to create a Content Creators Work Group under the Marketing DAO to rally content creators and push dev-centric narratives across the ecosystem. Additionally we pipeline content through BOSWEEK channel regularly through NEARWEEK and other distribution channels.

Additionally we run regular builder calls we put as unlisted with plenty of alpha where we coordinate major ecosystem wide objectives like Astro DAO transition, NEPs, Wallet Migrations, BD, literally all the alpha in the ecosystem. White this content is available at nearbuilders.com/builder-videos we don’t advertise it as we cover sensitive issues with no edits.

Build DAO has been operating for 3 months, has a community of 60+ of active developers, 20+ mentors contributed to literally hundreds of BOS components - to date we have never asked for ‘Council Salary’ or any other type of admin costs for organizing all of this. We’ve been too busy building to think about these type of funding requests We are looking for funding to catalyze our more senior developers (mentors include people from Mintbase, Everything.dev, Jutsu.ai, Akaia DAO, NEARHub.Club, Open Web Academy, Keypom, to create reusable content and supplement the needs for entry level developers and Web2 software engineers to get a better understanding of BOS. Already NEAR Foundation has asked us to take over traditional office hours, Pagoda has been asking us to take community based initiatives and DevHub has been engaged with our ecosystem. Outside of traditional DevRel this proposal is not for admin costs, rather its for the creation of reusable evergreen content to be recorded live and double up as office hours for the community. Often in our ecosystem we repeatedly regurgitate the same content rather than building novel use cases, amplify what existing builders are doing, and provide a format where people can see and interact with what we are building.

This is the first time we are requesting funding specific to Developer Education. We strongly believe our efforts would be amplified by the creation of this evergreen content - create once and can be consumed by many developers over time. Code reviews and mentorship are critical to onboarding more devs (one to many communication). All our content will be made available for anyone to download, repurpose as a public good. Outside of working with existing marketing partners for content editing, we will also be allocating content bounties to encourage free use of content, custom edits.

Section 3. Project URLs

Social Media Distribution Channels

Which region will your project support? Usually a regions can be defined by their language. North American Central, South America & Caribbean (Spanish), South America (Portuguese), Europe, Asia, Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East

• We will be doing this in English, we can also bring in regional communities and translators to support in different languages if need. We would need additional budget for this but have connections to all RC communities and Bankless DAO translators.

Is Your Project Targeting a Specific Country?

• No we are open to the whole public and have builders from around the world.

Section 4. Applicant Information

• Your name (Pseudonymous name you are known by the community is acceptable. However, note that you will have to complete KYC to be able to receive funding from NDC)
    • Plug
  • Link to Governance Forum Profile
    • nearbuild
  • NEAR Wallet ID
    • ndcplug.near
  • Wallet ID that will be receiving funds from this application. hacks.sputnik-dao.near
  • Country of Residence
    • United States
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Additional Relevant Links (add any other links to resources that highlight your work or involvement with the NEAR ecosystem. This may include your portfolio, GitHub, etc.)
  • Have You Been Paid Directly to Contribute or Lead another Marketing DAO Funded Projects (Previous or Current) ?
    • No

Section 5. Team Members

• Cameron: CEO @ Banyan Collective, Former Ecosystem & NEAR Foundation, Founder of Blockchain Acceleration Foundation
  • Plug: Decentralization at Banyan Collective, President of Minority Programmers, Founder of GenaDrop, NDC GWG Contributor, NEAR ReFI Contributor

Section 6. Experience

What related qualifications, experience or track record does your team bring to this initiative?

We are team of Web3 native professional and NEAR OG with a history of shipping public goods education and working with the leading founders, devs, and DAOs on NEAR

Some associated Web3 Projects

Section 7. Project Goals

Project Overview: Short High-Level Summary of the Purpose of the Your Project

BOS HACKS \ CODE REVIEW CONTENT

An incentive program for BOS builders to do recorded code reviews and educational content ready for distribution on a weekly basis

Clarification

• Money will not go to organizers, rather directly to active builders in the ecosystem for preparing code review and for content creators for creation of shorts and distribution of content

What Problem Are You Aiming to Solve?

• There is not enough developer content in the ecosystem. While there is an emphasis on twitter spaces, townhalls, and podcasts, actual building, deep dives into tech, and content centered around the biggest target demographic devs, who will ultimately build the solutions to onboard 1 billion users is relatively non existent. We aim to change this narrative and the culture around developers wanting to create more content, marketing channels looking to support developers on conveying innovative ideas, and bring in the next generation of software engineers & dev rel to the ecosystem.
  • Marketing often pushes messaging but lack of original content that brings more developers onboard
  • Our main OKR for H2 is to drive developer growth, however we are losing developer voice of share according to Electric Capital report
  • Mentors are busy building, which makes it very hard to scale support for new developers. There are also no incentives for devs five code reviews on top of their current workload
  • Pagoda DevRel shifted to DevHub, but there’s not a focus to create this into content, and lack of Developer centric content in general.
  • Not enough short formed content oriented content; ex TikTok style 60 second videos.
  • Not enough NEAR native content. I have been doing NEAR Workshops but usually highlight high level concepts or specific partner related integration.
  • Twitter will now be prioritizing media content more heavily
  • Most BOS announcements have been related to paid builds and hackathons but not encouraging a community of everyday building

How Does This Project Help Solve the Problems You’ve Listed?

• Provides open office hours for developers to come in and ask questions
  • Provide incentives for mentors to provide code review & evergreen content
  • Provides content for marketers to reuse for latest development concepts

What Are the Goals of This Project?

• Create content for code review
  • Provide devs and top builder incentives for code review.
  • Kick off support for upcoming 2 months of hackathons to increase dev retention
  • Bring back code review culture
  • Being an open space where developers can come and ask questions live
  • Shift the culture to attracting highly skilled developers, and showcasing innovative work as a status symbol in the ecosystem
  • Make all video content available in a drive (nearbuilders.com/dev-content) for other content creators to cut into long form and short form content on their own channels to optimize twitter content

Section 8. Project Deliverables

Deliverable (Short Description of the Initiative or Task)

• Weekly hour code review for developers for 5 months
  • Whole recording available on youtube
  • At least 2-3 shorts made per sessions
  • 10 posts regarding content a month
  • A public drive at nearbuilders.com/dev-content as a public good for anyone to repurpose and edit

Distribution Channel

• YouTube Weekly Posted Video
  • Amplified though Build DAO, BOS, Social VM telegram groups and builder groups on here (over 1000+ devs) https://nearbuilders.com

10 posts per month (50 posts)

• BOS Community Twitter, Banyan Collective LinkedIn, Banyan Collective youtube
  • Posts on #BOS through BOSCommunity NEARHACKS.NEAR twitter
  • Featured on BOSHACKS.com gateway featured tab
  • Amplified through NEAR Influencers & team members

Channel URL(s) (Link to the Distribution Channels

Content Format (Video, Animation, Infographic, Visual / Image, Text Only)

• Long Form Videos originally as Live Recording Sesh (DRI: Me to Manage Developer Incentivizes & Developer Related Ops Work)
  • Thumbnails with Video Promotion (DRI: Marketing Partners)
  • Summary with Threads (DRI: Marketing Partners)
  • Short form Content (DRI: Short Content Creators)

Type(s) of Content (Editorial, Promotional, Fact / Statistics, Interview, Q&A, Poll, etc) add a short explanation for each)

Section 9. Budget

Budget (In USD for each Task)

• $3000 for developer incentives for weekly code review
    • $150 per 1 hour code review for 20 pieces (1 weekly code review for 5 months) of content incentives for developers
  • $1000 Amplification:
    • Marketing Budget through marketing partners;
    • Uploading & rendering videos
  • $1000 Creation of Shorts
    • towards turning into short content and amplifying
    • 20 recordings - 2-3 shorts, around 40-60 shorts, around $25 a short

What is the Total Funding Amount You Are Requesting? (USD)

$5000

What is the length of Commitment to Delivering Your Project?

5 months

Start Date of the Project/Campaign

September 15th, 2023 - February 15, 2024

Anything Else We should Know?

Been instrumental in supporting the BOS community, leading the only recurring workshop series based on community needs, and providing only recurring developer office hours. Never been a piece of content or surprise announcement coming from messaging around BOS that have come through marketing channels, not even from Pagoda, NEAR Foundation, or Proximity. Known for staying on top of the dev community and the founder community, the disconnect is between marketing channels. Would love this proposal to be the start of bridging that disconnect between the developer and Marketing DAO community.

8 Likes

I support this initiative

Fire initiative. 10/10 will support

2 Likes

Happy to support! Have a great week.

Hi @nearbuild thanks for your proposal. Noted the positive comments from council and community

• happy to support

Thank you for your proposal

Happy to support

I have been in the BOS builders group and refer a lots of devs. One of the major challenges is contents and structure of how to for enthusiasts.

With this community run , things will be improve.

Hi @nearbuild – thanks for the proposal. As I’ve noted on proposals for this month, in August, MDAO must allocate funding with a focus NDC election and BOS. Currently:

• We have $203K+ in funding requests coming from the community for August
  • We have ~$46K to deploy
  • We cannot fund everyone
  • The funding we allocate is limited and must directly and primarily align with ecosystem KPIs – which are NDC election and BOS content

Given the above, I am happy to support this project. It aligns directly with current objectives, is proposed by reputable team, received community support and is a reasonable funding request based on work proposed. Moving this to approved.

Hi @nearbuild

Thank you for your proposal.

We’re eager to see more engagement within the NDC voting. Happy to support this proposal and looking forward to seeing the report.

Thanks!

Hello!
Your application was approved by Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO at NDC. The approved proposal will be included in the following request to NDC Trust, and the trust should authorize it first and then transfer it to Marketing DAO treasure: the expected payment date is the last week of August.

So, during this time, please

1. Fill out the form to pass KYC https://airtable.com/shrAnyWQYcy6zZwa6
  2. Wait for future instruction from Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO and an invitation to create a transfer on Astro DAO.
  3. Please join NDC Marketing HUB Telegram: Contact @ndc_marketing
  4. Please feel free to contact me on telegram @kmotiv 24/7 if you have any questions.

Dear @nearbuild team!
Our request to NDC trust has been approved. So please, create a transfer from Marketing DAO treasure to your wallet. Marketing DAO Proposal Funding Guide - Updated August 2023

Hello, @nearbuild Could you please share your progress reports with me? We would like to see a monthly update on a single report. Create an August report, and continue to add subsequent reports under it until the end of the 5 month period.

Thank you

1 Like

Hey Bakaka, is there a deadline or framework that you will like for this report?

The program is supposed to last 5 months and I thought it would make most sense if the report is formalized after the initiative is over.

If you would like a monthly report, please provide the key metrics that you would like highlighted in it and we would be happy to make it for you.

1 Like

Hey @Cameron we should do a monthly reports, and iused to follow up with most of our grantee bi-weekly to see how it’s going.

We have a groupchat with council that I would like you to be added to, rather compile a working document (WIP) as their are a bunch of stakeholders involved.

https://nearbuilders.com/code-review-report

I’d really appreciate if Marketing DAO recipients also help with amplificiation and encouraging more content

1 Like

I think making the reports public will be great, I do not need to be added to a tg group, i need to see the report of what you have done so far.

Pllease excuse any misunderstanding.

2 Likes

Hello M DAO,

Thank you for the support in supporting the only DevRel content online. After consideration with the team, the code review program has been costing us more operational overhead & headache than we are receiving in terms of comp (considering we are giving all the renumeration to external actors to facilitate). We would like to explore giving all the 5000 USDC back (we will be covering the costs for payouts up to this point).

We are open to continuing the program at our own capacity. @Dacha @Flint @Bakaka

Hello, I constantly follow the project in YouTube videos. I would love it if you could join me. I have an audiovisual studio, could you be a partner in the project and keep the educational and audiovisual initiative going?
If I can collaborate with the project, let me know.
Thank you
Frado

Hello @frado ! Would you like to work on the proposal?

1 Like

I’ve had the pleasure of exploring your educational content, and the potential it holds is truly remarkable

I understand the challenges of managing audiovisual projects, especially during a paradigm shift like the one we’re currently experiencing with V1. However, I see immense potential in your work and believe we can enhance its impact through strategic editing, audio treatment, and the creation of engaging reels and shorts.
Here’s a comprehensive plan to leverage your audiovisual collection and generate excitement for upcoming events like the Hackathon and Bootcamp:

1. Editing and Audio Treatment:
    • Employ professional editing techniques for a seamless viewer experience.
    • Enhance audio quality to captivate your audience.

2. Reels and Shorts Creation with 4 questions:
    • Craft attention-grabbing reels focusing on key project highlights.
    • Develop shorts featuring guest responses to questions, making it more appealing to a broader audience.
    • Conduct interviews with project developers to answer key questions:

1-  "What programming languages were used to develop your NEAR's project?"

2-  "Tips and tricks for developing on BOS?"

3-  "How many people are in the development team with their respective roles?"

4-  "What pain points have you solved with your project?"

3. Community Engagement:
    • Encourage guests to share their experiences through short videos.
    • Promote the content across social media platforms to attract new developers and teams.

I am confident that implementing these strategies will not only improve the overall quality of your content but also significantly broaden its reach. I would love the opportunity to discuss this further and explore how we can collaborate to achieve your goals.
Looking forward to the possibility of working together.

ps: These videos are the opening of Pandora’s box and have the same essence as videos showcasing artistic processes. I believe that the art direction would follow a similar path. They are videos depicting the process of creation and development.

Love it !

1 Like