[Closed] Blockchain Rio Festival - Children of the DAO

Hello @marketingdao-council , we are back into our activities, and together with FraDAO Proposal we aim to make a big onboarding, speaking, networking and educational workshops on Blockchain Rio Festival.

Metrics and KPI

1. Number of Attendees: 15,000 attendees
  2. Number of Networking Contacts: Goal to meet and exchange contact information with 150 people (1% of attendees)
  3. Number of Sessions Attended: Plan to attend 10 sessions
  4. Number of Potential Partners Identified: Identified 30 potential partners for future projects (0.2% of attendees)
  5. Number of Follow-ups Scheduled: Scheduled 50 follow-up meetings or calls after the event
  6. Social Media Engagement: Aim for 500 likes, shares, or comments on posts about the event
  7. Number of Leads Generated: Goal to meet 300 potential customers or clients during the event (2% of attendees)
  8. Knowledge Acquisition: Aim to rate knowledge acquisition at 8 out of 10

Details

Plan of action

Children of the DAO and FraDAO will split the sponsorship 5k each, making it possible and more affordable to participate. We will join forces to onboard and educate new potential users, doing new wallets, IAH verification, and showcasing bOS.

strong text

Counterpart

• Blockchain will give to Children of The DAO - 1000 passports to the event. (worth 61k USD) , so with that, we will launch the “Near will take you to Blockchain Rio Festival” where people will make a near wallet, KYC, IAH and will win a Unique NFT through the Shard Dog link - “Humans of Brazil”.

Costs

Task/item Rate Days/people Costs
Sponsorship $5000
Food - 4 days - 3 people $500
Accommodation $200/each 4 days - 2 people $1600
Staff $200/each 3 $600
Merch (Near Stickers/Children of the DAO Merch - - $400
Side Event CryptoHub - - $1600
Staff Travel costs $150/each $300
Total $10000

Target Wallet: children-of-the-dao.sputnik-dao.near
KYC : cavenaghi.near

‘Children of The DAO is an educative DAO inside Near community, and it aims to spread the use cases of the Near Protocol Ecosystem’

3 Likes

Hi @whoiscavenaghi thanks for the proposal. It looks like a major event that will reach many people, and I note that Brazil is an important area of growth in the NEAR ecosystem.

Primarily I would like more detail in understanding what you’re proposing. It sounds like:

• You’re collaborating with @frado (can you confirm and explain your involvement?), and together you will buy a $10K sponsor package. Is this screenshot from the deck accurate in terms of what you get for that amount?

• If that is what you will get as a sponsor, what is the entity that will be the sponsor?
  • Who will speak and about what topics?
  • Is NEAR represented elsewhere at the conference?
  • How does social media engagement support this proposal as a deliverable for your team? It seems to me that the focus should be on activities and outcomes from the event itself vs. the MDAO funding the promoting the event?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello Lorraine! Yes, that’s the screenshot of the sponsorship! We are creating bonds between Brazilian DAOS to represent Near community here. Our involvement is to split the costs and share the space there as fraDAO and Children of The DAO.

• If that is what you will get as a sponsor, what is the entity that will be the sponsor?

We aim to be the representatives of the Near community here in Brazil in the Blockchain Rio. Our main purpose is to represent Near Protocol there.

• Who will speak and about what topics?

We got two spots as speakers ( one me and the other @frado ) I will be speaking about use cases of bOS and cross-chain use cases. I was invited as speaker for free already, and also to make one workshop. So we will have two workshops and two speakers. @frado will explain in his proposal his subject and approach.

• Is NEAR represented elsewhere at the conference?

No!

• How does social media engagement support this proposal as a deliverable for your team? It seems to me that the focus should be on activities and outcomes from the event itself vs. the MDAO funding the promoting the event?

Each onboarding and successful verification IAH will be generated an NFT proof of attendance, and new users will be encouraged to post the new NFT it on Twitter and Instagram tagging Near Protocol and the Near DAOS involved. We will make an effort to mix marketing engagement with educational “why Near and how Near”.
Workshops with practical use cases, like minting an NFT, and activities inside bOS. And we will also start a campaign on socials to giveaway that 1k event passports.

Remembering that @frado is creating his proposal, to exemplify the other half of our project. As soon it’s ready I will link here and vice versa.
Thanks for your attention… any clarifications I am here at your disposal. Thank you :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the answers and clarifications – I’ll wait to see more from @frado – will that proposal be part of the same budget? Be aware we may still be operating under a $50K cap for the month, and this proposal is already at the high end of the requests we have to evaluate for August.

2 Likes

Yes. that’s why we decided to split the sponsorship half/half. I added the @frado links in the proposal! Here it is https://gov.near.org/t/proposal-blockchain-rio-festival-fradao/35669

1 Like

Dear @so608 , thanks for waiting.
Follow the fraDAO propose, we are splitting the sponsorship 50% - 50%.

1 Like

Hello! Thank you very much for your proposal.

Due to our specific KPIs for August and September, MDAO can allow only proposals focused on the following:

• NDC elections
  • Increasing numbers of active Developers
  • Increasing numbers of active Users and Transactions
  • Increasing numbers of Tools on BOS

Your proposal is more of IRL

I suggest postponing your proposal to next quarter and focusing on the oncoming Elections in NDC.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @whoiscavenaghi thanks for answering the questions and being open to feedback. I note the importance of reaching more people in Brazil, your focus on educating new audiences about BOS and your longstanding support of and involvement in the ecosystem.

Noting your patience as we’ve progressed through reviewing this proposal amid MDAO and ecosystem changes this summer. I’ll say something here similar to my reply to Trove Labs/Near at Night, Nearity, Near Insider and Boneyard. For August, MDAO must allocate funding with a focus NDC election and BOS.

Additionally, here’s the reality:

• We have $203K+ in funding requests coming from the community for August
  • We have ~$46K to deploy. Your request, if funded, would require 25% of the funding available. We’re aiming to support as many projects as we can that educate and increase awareness around BOS.
  • We cannot fund everyone
  • The funding we can allocate is limited and needs to go to the ecosystem KPIs – which are NDC election and BOS content

Given the current situation, I think it is likely the most MDAO can do for this proposal is to support a grant for a lesser portion of the requested amount.

Is this an event you and your team/collaborators will participate in regardless of MDAO funding?

1 Like

Hi @whoiscavenaghi thanks for your proposal.

As outlined by @so608, unfortunately the Marketing DAO) have limited funds to disburse for this month and we a focused on supporting projects that align with ecosystem KPIs - primarily the NDC election and BOS.

Therefore i am unable to support this proposal.