[Project Proposal] **INTRODUCING TYPICAL AFRIKAN SOUND**

INTRODUCING TYPICAL AFRIKAN SOUND TO THE NxM STORE

Objective : Making the NxM store diverse with different genres just like the traditional music platform e.g Apple music.

On the 5th of April, I was given the privilege to introduce the Carnatic music to the NxM store and I am happy this idea was brought to light. It is now available in the NxM store.

Track 1 - Aashiq

Track 2 - Feeling

Track 3 - Light up

My goal for this project is not just to make an extended playlist but to make the NxM store have series of typical and undiluted African sound. Collectors/buyers of these NFTs will not be limited to just the contemporary sound.

This African sound can be traced to as far as 8000 Bc and only a few musicians still play this sound. For this project, I am going to be working with Sir Olakoli Abiodun Aboba, a veteran African musician from Ondo state. He has been playing this sound for over two decades.

Below are some of his music.

*second song

I will be producing and directing a 3-track ep with the veteran African singer Olakoli Abiodun Aboba. The 3 tracks will consist of the ancient African sound.

Breakdown of fund:

Production - $350: Due to the complexity involved in this genre, from the renting of different African instrument like the talking drum, shekere, agogo, etc. Also include payment of the band members, the music director, etc

Mixing and mastering: $100

Artwork: $50

Thank you for the support. I look forward to the approval of this project.
Cheers,
Supercoolkay.
@Paul @Monish016

2 Likes

Beautiful! The blockchain, and NEAR in particular with its inclusive and grass roots character, will become an important space for preserving rich history, be it through music, visual art, storytelling…
Not only does the blockchain give a permanent space for this important historical content, but it also makes learning history and culture so much more accessible. Often, what we learn in schools and universities is curated to fit the social and political norms. But do we ever truly get the full picture of where we fit into the context of humanity?

Hooray for this effort!

1 Like

You said it all.
It is amazing we share similar ideas! I’m glad to see people with similar vision as me.It’s time to bring history back!

Hey @Supercoolkay

Thank you so much for your proposal, we believe that every single proposal was created with goodwill to make NxM a better community. Unfortunately, your proposal wasn’t accepted after council review. We appreciate your input and thank you for engaging with us. You’re welcome to submit your request in the next funding round.

Please try to connect with other community members within NxM in other to collaborate and engage others artists. We believe that joining forces with all passionates will be much more beneficial for all of us.

If you are interested in minting your music with NxM, we can add your near wallet to our open store.

P.S. Please don’t forget to make a report on your previous proposal.

Thank you for your feedback!

Please could you elaborate more on this…I do not really understand.

I have submitted the report.Kindly check link below

Thanks.

1 Like

@Supercoolkay - Interested to know more about your efforts and if you will be resubmitting a proposal, once you have found other artists that are doing something similar. Can you contact a local music guild or museum? Can you write some history about the songs? Will you be creating any music NFTs or uploading artwork (photos/videos) somehow?

If you are part of the NEAR University discord, you might find some channels where you can meet people with ideas to add to your proposal.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your support @erinkristina
Apologies for responding to this late.

Yes, for sure!

Could you kindly share the discord link to Near University. I don’t mind chatting you up on telegram.(here’s my telegram id: supercoolkay)