On chain Guilds platform- Come help us out!

Consolidated some more thoughts on guild onboarding as a pre-cursor to facilitate on-chain management here: https://vitalpoint.ai/near-guild-onboarding/

And have made some good headway on a guild’s onboarding/management application. It’s live (testnet) at https://mynear.xyz to play with, but here’s also a video run through of it describing how it works and the existing feature set. Includes beginning of a messaging capability, guild verification/tiering, gas free registration, etc…

Intro: 0:00
Guild Leader Onboarding: 3:10
App Administration: 15:10
Verifying Guilds: 21:26
Conclusion: 25:45

@shreyas @chronear

4 Likes

How is this initiative we’ve been discussing/building impacted by the reimagining of the guilds program.? @chronear

1 Like

In no major way @ALuhning I would say that we are in fact looking to expand the Guilds Platform Advisory Group’s scope of engagement by including the Platform and People into the new Guilds program as key drivers. More soon! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How is this endeavor proceeding nowadays or where can we view its progress?

I’ll speak to the progress/vision of what Vital Point AI is building - with current state on the guild onboarding app pretty much described/demonstrated above. In that reply is a link to a blog post that describes the vision and consolidates onboarding thoughts in more detail. However, I’ve got a grant and am delivering three related projects:

1. A guild onboarding and management application (described above).
  2. An individual onboarding application that includes a guild recommendation/discovery mechanism.
  3. A proof of concept for OWS to demonstrate how Vital Point AI or others could offer a service to create a guild branded and customized frontend for their member onboarding.

#1 - guild onboarding/beginning of a management platform - is live on testnet - https://mynear.xyz. The app itself takes a prospective guild leader through the process of setting up a guild account, it’s guild profile, registering that guild on chain with one click (with no gas fees for the guild leader). When setup, the guild gets its own decentralized identifier (DID) so we can now associate whatever data we want with it and consume it on as many frontends as people want to build. It’s at a point where anyone can register a guild and then NEAR Guilds program “staff” can verify it, classify it’s tier level, message all guild leaders.

#2 - Individual Onboarding - I’m currently focused on the second of the three deliverables - the individual onboarding - which has dependencies on the guild onboarding application. Called NEAR Personas, currently only avail on localhost, but I’m aiming to get it onto testnet in next day or two. It follows a similar onboarding flow as the guild leader would do, but enables individuals to create profiles that are associated with their NEAR accounts (DID issued). Last step of the onboarding provides a recommended list of guilds the individual should consider joining based on the interests, goals, skills, work desires, etc… they decide to provide during their profile construction. The app calculates a suitability score for each registered guild.

Next steps for this app include providing the mechanism for the individual to “join” the guild (register on chain) at that stage. I’m currently thinking it is a very similar (non-gas) registration method like the guild leaders use, but when joining is complete, they get directed to a location of the guild’s choosing to continue the guild specific onboarding that guild has setup for their new recruits. That location will be defined in the guild leader’s guild’s profile.

#3 - is a proof of concept that will demonstrate how anyone can use the backend registry and functionality built into #1/#2 to have their own guild branded onboarding flows setup for their guild. I’ve gathered enough info on the specifics of how OWS operates to produce this - will be next up once the backend pieces are in place.

I’ve created frontends for the guild/individual onboarding to demonstrate functionality - but, of course, it’s all composable - so more talented designers/frontend UX people can build on what we’re providing.

I think the quickest win here/what I’d recommend trying to achieve in the very near term is getting the guilds onboarding application on mainnet (after some testing) and using it to replace the current Github ecosystem repository that provides the data for the various sites that use it. Main benefit being the much more intuitive/ease for non-developer guild leaders to update their guild data. It’s very easy for a frontend to query the Ceramic network for a DID to get the guild’s information if they are registered. Here’s a sample data object for a fictional guild currently registered in the app. Of course, we can extend the data model to collect more info as needed, and the data belongs to the guild leader - only they can change it (and it changes everywhere it’s used):

Happy to receive feedback/answer questions/give demos/continue the discussion in bringing all this to life. Would be great to get some guild leaders trying it out - https://mynear.xyz

2 Likes