[Closed] Increase funding request for the crossword puzzle challenge and community engagement activities

This is the truth and only the truth

2 Likes

Look at screenshots above.

1 Like

Hi @agt,

The structure of this proposal is missing most of the requirements needed for approval. Furthermore, we haven’t approved projects without utility in the past to my knowledge.

There are too many aspects to this community that resemble building a community around shilling and contests which don’t ultimately generate traction for the near ecosystem.

Even if the focus is on NFTs, we shouldn’t encourage people to familiarize themselves with blockchain technology for the first time by losing money in a 10K pfp to pump and dump.

Sorry, it’s a no from me.

2 Likes

He did not recommend, concerning the screenshots you took, I’m going to reply everyone of them.
He did not recommend it,if you have ever been in a meme project, you would those are common words,not endorsement.

In reviewing this proposal and the comments following comments, there are too many questions and uncertainties – as well as a lack of metrics showing progress from past funding (I don’t see a report from July for example) – if you have that, please share and post on this thread). I also agree with @Klint – we have tried supporting experiments rooted in contests/prizes, rewards and shilling and over time they do not show long-term, significant growth in their metrics. For those reasons, I cannot support this proposal.

Because the majority of the council is not in support, I am closing this proposal out.

1 Like

Sir I believe you miss the point.

The purpose of him asking for a grant is to educate and bring familiarity to Near and educate about other ecosystems, I say to you that the shilling you might see is done through crosswords or humble support to get awareness!

Shitzu only wishes to support the Near eco by making tasking puzzles which are educative and fun!

I am contacting projects on other chains to get them to do a crossword with shitzu on their ecosystem and make them come to Near indirectly

How you may say
Let’s say the project I contact makes a puzzle of 25 questions 15 from them and 10 from shitzu about Near and Aurora ecosystem

We give them a number of hints they should give to their Community and the remaining stay with the shitzu Community and so there members will come to shitzu Community and ask for hints,in the process of searching for answers they learn about the near and Aurora ecosystem bit by bit, the same applies for the project involved.
And I believe that would generate traction!
If their Community members win it, they will create a near address to receive the reward and they will become an address on aurora when they receive shitzu.
Shitzu is a meme coin that uses crosswords to educate and have fun but we do not endorse anyone to buy it,they are free to make their decisions.

Concerning the NFT
I think you know they only bought the NFT to support the project not to encourage pump and dump!:slightly_smiling_face:
Nothing shitzu does forces you to buy anything!
It’s for knowledge!

Pls read this and review it again.

@agt dropped a report from july,you must have missed it
Pls give us more time before you close the proposal.

Concerning the screenshots,I will reply them very soon and show you that those screenshot prove nothing!
It was him who purchased shitzu and is emotional about the loss he incurred despite no one forcing him.
That is what I see

We are creating crossword puzzles for the community. You approved our first proposal, and we have over-delivered. There is no shilling involved. Those snapshots were taken out of context. Most of the projects we have covered deal with the infrastructure of the Near ecosystem. E.G. Flux, Near sharding, Aurora’s defi. We have only done a couple on NFTs. We have done several projects from other chains i.e ada, avax, and several cross-chain apps. For example for the real bird puzzle, focused on layer zero implementation and technology.

The crossword site - https://crossword.xyz/ is a near smart contract. Its loaded with near and then a puzzle is created. Shitzu is collaborating with the site to promote all projects within the ecosystem. The current puzzle is covering an up-and-coming dao - Presence Dao, we are currently working with Astro Dao to create several puzzles based on their upcoming DAOs and projects.

We have rewarded the entire Near community with over 400 Near. Concomitantly, we are also promoting the entire eco. Please look at our reports from July and August, you can see our labor does not entail any form of shilling. That aspect has been unjustly highlighted in this forum.

Report for August - [REPORT] Shitzu crossword puzzles contests and engagements for August 2022

1 Like

Here is the report for July, it was submitted promptly that month.

You seem to lack the context, he’s not complaining he’s making a joke
The purpose of the grant is not ultimately to promote shitzu token, it is to promote the near and Aurora ecosystem and let people decide if they want to purchase shitzu if they want to

We are creating crossword puzzles for the community. You approved our first proposal, and we have over-delivered. There is no shilling involved. Those snapshots were taken out of context. Most of the projects we have covered deal with the infrastructure of the Near ecosystem. E.G. Flux, Near sharding, Aurora’s defi. We have only done a couple on NFTs. We have done several projects from other chains i.e ada, avax, and several cross-chain apps. For example for the real bird puzzle, focused on layer zero implementation and technology.

The crossword site - https://crossword.xyz/ is a near smart contract. Its loaded with near and then a puzzle is created. Shitzu is collaborating with the site to promote all projects within the ecosystem. The current puzzle is covering an up-and-coming dao - Presence Dao, we are currently working with Astro Dao to create several puzzles based on their upcoming DAOs and projects.

We have rewarded the entire Near community with over 400 Near. Concomitantly, we are also promoting the entire eco. Please look at our reports from July and August, you can see our labor does not entail any form of shilling. That aspect has been unjustly highlighted in this forum.

Report for August - [REPORT] Shitzu crossword puzzles contests and engagements for August 2022

You uploaded this image but you failed to post the later response from it. Why?

You can see he made his decision and no one forced him so how did we shill and force him to buy?
He was speculative on shitzu and made his decision

You also clearly don’t know about shitzu, it’s a Decentralized token,a whale can do as he pleases because of that but a strong Community is stronger than a whale and you seem to ignore the fact they were proposing a fork which would make shitzu not Decentralized anymore as someone technically control it’s action to certain extent.
It also said people lost money but did it say people were forced to buy it? No.

Again this image doesn’t show that they forced people to buy

Did anyone force this fellow to buy?No
It’s like saying you bought near at the top and you are blaming them for your investment decision Which doesn’t make sense.

This image proves nothing at all also,he made a good statement. You are reporting shitzu because you lost on your investment,why don’t people report BTC for making them lose money from ATH,why don’t they report Near, Eth, avax,sol for making them lose money from ATH. He also said no one encouraged you to buy shitzu and that is right no one forced you too,we can all joke around and say “buy” as that’s what you see in meme token group but in the end no one is putting a knife to your throat forcing you to buy right?

He woke and chose to buy shitzu, what does this imply
It implies he made the decision on his own choice, I mean he literally said " he chose".

He said he only believes in buy,did he force you to buy?
Things like what he said are common things said in a meme token community

He just bought some here but I don’t see him telling you have to buy it. He said what he did and didn’t force you to buy

This again is a normal talk in a meme token Community and it doesn’t Force anyone to buy

He asked a question, this doesn’t indicate that he forced you to buy

Common words said in a meme token Community also and he didn’t say he was forced to buy it,his words even show he wants to buy it

This is actually showing support for shitzu,he spoke out because he wanted to add value to shitzu which isn’t a bad idea but the community turned down the proposal and he didn’t continue with it.

This is a common thing said everywhere right?
Will you blame michael saylor for saying buy the dip or elon musk for saying it,he said it jokingly and didn’t force you to take his actions seriously

You can clearly see lol at the end of it

This doesn’t show anything, he was joking as people do In meme token communities
This doesn’t show anything

This doesn’t prove anything either, @agt is a big supporter of shitzu and he responded with positivity someone say buy shitzu Which doesn’t mean you should invest

I have proved my point that no one was forced to buy shitzu

You seemed to not read this,he made a valid point, since he bought all those things at the top,he should call them out right?

You are the one who makes a decision.

3 Likes

I agree that this is just some spite on his side

Shitzu is a community for education, supporting near and aurora included

1 Like

What does it mean, “supporting by Near”. By who in persons ? Thanks

1 Like

Please visit our TG to see how our community aligns with the proposal submitted.

I couldn’t find any NF or Aurora employees in the Tg group.

I see @gonemultichain and @eviejugo in admins, but I believe they are unaware of the token model.

1 Like

They are and are aware we do not actively shill the coin. The employee comment is irrelevant. Not sure if you understood @midoriya_crypto statement. We support near and aurora via the puzzles we make and fund. Have you looked at our reports and Twitter engagements? Inside the report, you will find all the relevant links showing our engagements. None, shill the token.

The offer still stands, refer those folks who lost money to dm me. We will work something out. We have multiple projects already lined up for September, and shutting us down will be a blow to our nascent community. Shitzu has been an active participant in the NearisNow movement.

Hey all,

I think, in this case, we shouldn’t get bogged down in the use case of a particular token.

All blockchains, at least the good ones, have meme tokens.

Are they useless in terms of utility? Probably. Most of the time.

Are they useless on the whole? No. We’ve seen time and time again that communities rally around the meme culture that thrives with these types of things.

The Shitzu team and community are loud on social media and have an active presence throughout the NEAR Ecosystem. Their crossword competitions have been well received by the wider NEAR community AFAIK.

The amount requested isn’t dramatically high. It’s not lining the pockets of the proposer. It’s being leveraged to engage the community. If it works, let’s encourage it.

11 Likes