Project Name: VR DAO
Project Status: [ in progress ]
Target Address: vr-dao.sputnik-dao.near (already in astrodao).
Project Accounting: current account balance 645 NEAR**
** There are several ongoing activities that carry on from last month; those include bounties (500$ yet to reward from the colour bounty, will be decided this month), council work payouts, etc. Our current funds will be used to carry on with those. We will support at least 1 community project using current funds.
Funding Period: November
Requested amount: 5000$
Updated Project Timeline:
The VR DAO continues to develop its flagship project, 3xr.space, and support several community projects. During the month of October, the main focus was NEAR|CON, with several council members busy either producing VR content to be showcased, or preparing the logistics. A developer has been onboarded more than 1 month ago, and the next weeks we are focused on taking advantage of his expertise. At the same time, we are reaching out to the Marketing DAO Vertical, to help increase the VR DAO visibility on social platforms. In addition to that, we will focus on strategies to increase the VR DAO sustainability and strategies to generate income.
In order to carry out the actions we planned for this DAO and achieve the goals proposed for the month of November, we request funding for the following costs and activities:
- Council: 50$ - 5 N
sub-total: 350$ - xN
This value is significantly lower than most DAOs. We are choosing to organize in this fashion to clarify the difference between passive and active roles.
- Administration, communication, external relations (twitter and instagram are being requested to the marketing dao; link; https://gov.near.org/t/proposal-vr-dao-november-social-media-communication-and-marketing/8349; if the Marketing DAO won’t support this proposal, we will use current funds for engaging in social media)
- monthly report: 150$ - 15N [frnvpr]
- [frnvpr]monthly funding request: 150$ - 15N [frnvpr]
- manage TG (open channel+polling for council members]: 150$ -15N [frnvpr]
- manage communication in the forum: 150$ - 15N [jmm]
- manage the VR DAO Mintbase store: 150$ - 15N [jmm]
Sub-total: 650$ -xN
Total for council + administration and communication: 1000$ - xN
- DEVELOPER PART-TIME; As reported here, we are again including the part-time developer position in our general budget. There are three reasons for that: 1) we are approaching the Marketing DAO vertical for support for the social media channels, so the money asked to this council can be used in creative projects; 2) the community response to the September Developer Proposal, made directly to this council, has shown some concerns; 3) until there is some kind of official support for developers, we fell is best if we take full responsibility for the allocation of this position’s money.
An extra note on this, hopefully with good news for the entire Creatives community: NEAR Bounties DAO on Astro @jlwaugh (et al) is working on ways to expand the Developer support for DAOs in need of this kind of expertise. The DEV DAO (astro in here) was just created and we’ll try to make it clear for every community on how to engage with this newly created DAO.
Sub-total: 2500$ - 237 N
Sub-total: 1500$ - 143 N
Total for projects: 4000$ - xN
**Total amount requested to the Creatives DAO = 5000$ - xN
:NOTE: All payout proposals will be for the N values displayed here; members of the VR DAO council and members of the community will have to use this as reference when asking for rewards. Those will be fixed once and if the request is approved by the council of the Creatives DAO. This must be done in order to protect the DAOs funds, otherwise we risk being unable to fulfill our commitments. That also means that members can ask for their payout at any point during the month. Every month, values in N are rounded up, using the current treasury to do that; that way no individual is losing money. This will be correcte once astrodao allows fractions. Used conversion rate: tba.
: NOTE 2: Beginning now, and every month, those interested in having their proposals approved (and included) in the VR DAO monthly fund request must present them in the Forum with enough anticipation for the proposals to be discussed and approved in time of the request. The request will be created, every month, between the 1st and the 3rd. Proposals who come late will 1) be included in the following month’s request, or 2) be supported with the current VR DAO balance, if possible.
Contacts and useful links:
Our TG channel is open to everyone who wants to engage with us and explore new VR related projects and ideas. Meet us on TG Telegram: Contact @vrdao, Instagram Login • Instagram and twitter https://twitter.com/dao_VR.
Everyone can also check what we are currently working on, just follow this link: vr-dao open doc - Google Docs ; for the moment, only council members can edit, but feel free to comment.
Find also Microchipgnus project 3XR on twitter https://twitter.com/threexr_ and discord Discord .