Hi NEAR community
Its time for an update from me on behalf of the Marketing DAO council on all the things we’ve been working on for the last three months.
First,we are pleased to report that in regards to inbound applications, since our relaunch, we have found a great synergy noting that:
- We have cleared backlog of pending proposals;
- As expected with clearer, tougher guidelines, we have also seen a decline in the number of proposals coming in but stronger proposals overall, freeing up time to dedicate to bounties, etc. I hope that our Guidelines are helping the community prepare their proposals effectively.
During the last three months, in addition to reviewing proposals, we have also been carrying out a lot of activities in the background that will yield tangible results over time such as:
- Met with the NEAR Foundation team regularly to continue to optimize funding avenues for community members, receive key updates on ecosystem events and priorities, among others.
- Regular meetings with the legal team to draft and review all the structures and requirements for Marketing DAO to become a separate legal body and shift from being funded directly by NF to being funded by Community Trust. Expect our Charter to be live for review very soon.
- We have been proactive, working closely with the regional communities to create Regional DAO and the structures needed to fund regional projects. This work includes contributing heavily to the Guidelines (drawing from M DAO 2+ years experience), and creating a funding pathway for RC DAO via M DAO until RC DAO is able to operate independently in the future.
- We have taken a lot of time to have 1:1 meetings and conversations with founders and builders in the community to address specific concerns around proposals and funding needs in order to find a way forward. This is in direct response from feedback from the community and acknowledging that building personal and working relationships that create Trust is fundamental.
- ETH Denver Bounties
- We have been working on the next Bounties launch and have held calls with key players in the Near Ecosystem to discuss how we can continue to support them. Look out for more details on how you can participate very soon!
- In general, we have also spent an ever increasing amount of time keeping up with and contributing to different areas of NDC.
- We have also started recruiting, and expect to onboard by the end of May, a new cohort of Marketing DAO advisors. (Link to post)
In the period from February to April 2023 we received 81 proposals.
I will leave it to @dacha to share our detailed transparency report.
The topic of council members remuneration has come up in different contexts over time. Most recently we brought up the topic with NDC representatives. Accordingly council members will receive a revised payment of $4000 in NEAR tokens per month. This is aligned with the remuneration rates paid to other community members working in the NDC and reflects the increased workload as we onboard new Advisors and transition to a separate legal entity.
In closing, i would like to request my monthly council member remuneration for the period March, April and May of $4000/month
Total Amount - $12000
Target Wallet - cryptocredit.near
Thank for great job @so608 @cryptocredit @satojandro @Klint !
In February, March, April we have received 81 proposals
Top categories -
- Community - 39 proposals;
- dApps - 12 proposals;
- Twitter- 12 proposals;
- Creativities - 6 proposals;
- Games - 4 proposals;
We approved 34 of them, 42,3% :
Total approved amount - $140 230
Information since September 2021
Aslo we are happy to support our great regional communities and RC DAO contributors @rc-admins during V0-V1 transition period.
Hi Dacha, would you please elaborate on how would RCWG contributors be supported.
Hello. Right now, we are together reviewing
regional communities’ proposals and funding
them within Marketing DAO hard cap.
Please join RG WG and RG leaders’ chats to
get more information.
As the champion of the Work Group, support for us is being sure that Regional Communities have funds to carry out onboarding and marketing of NEAR in their regions.
For remuneration for work done, we believe the DAO can support in thst way too.
Was the typo referring to “remuneration”? Which DAO is taking care of that?
We hope that MDAO can take care of it as they are able to.
Thank you for posting this. I support this proposal.
The amount of time, effort, and energy to execute all the work involved in restructuring the foundational documents, governance, and organizational elements has been a huge commitment from the existing team.
Additionally, I can see the advisory roles taking shape which hopefully will produce some fresh members for the council.
Looking forward to gaining more momentum in the coming days, weeks, and months.
Thank you for posting this @cryptocredit and to @Dacha for sharing the numbers for transparency. I support this proposal.
Looking ahead, we are excited to soon announce the first round of Marketing DAO advisors to join the council this year, as well as more bounties and the finalization of the purpose trust legal entity that will govern the Marketing DAO in the future.
Hi, just wanted to share an update on Marketing DAO remuneration.
The Marketing DAO council were informed by NF that there was a problem with our remuneration request for March, April and May.
A call was scheduled with @jackc at which he informed us that our funding request would not be paid out… He informed us that retrospective increases in remuneration are not acceptable.
Following instructions, the council will now be submitting a revised payout request on Astro for $2000/month - for four months to include the month of June. I have changed the Proposal title to reflect this change.