1 Name & NEAR Account ID
HenriqueNeves (@HenriqueNeves)

2 Location
Lisbon, Portugal

3 Social media handle(s)
Login • Instagram

4 Website/Online Portfolio if applicable
www.henriqueves.com

5 Artist Statement - tell us about your practice and artistic intent; max. 5-10 sentences
The presence of the body, sexuality and gender in gesture, personal stories and narratives seem to be absent when seeing non-figurative art. My current practice consists mainly of abstract work that aims to emphasize the historical and socio-political layers that come with the re-using of old textiles, their hauntings of the departed, and the isolated. Further to accentuate the presence of the body in gesture, rhythm and in the continuous process of painting, erasing, repainting.
In its goals, techniques, materials, and forms, my work signals a movement towards the directly gestural, performative, quality in applying paint to a surface and aims to layer that movement with other references and connections. My ambition is to load and enrich that gesture, without departing from its “simplicity’.

6 Blurb of Current/Planned Project - what kind of work will this stipend allow you to pursue?; max. 5 sentences
I aim to develop further ideas around paintings as objects. The work will deal with the sculptural potential of a painting, embodied in relatively large two-dimensional and three-dimensional paintings. Some of the works might look like sculptures, becoming objects or physical bodies, but retain the materials and mechanisms of painting: canvas, frame, paint, staples

7 Previous samples of your work - max. 4 pieces (if not already on social media and/or a website or virtual portfolio)
Please see my most recent work (2020-2021 ) in my website as reference.

4 Likes

Thanks for your application, please add the subcategory IncubadoraPT to your post. To edit it, you can click in the pen icon and edit your post whenever you need it. We will be receiving applications till the 17th. We will announce the selected artists after this date.

Hi. Please Let me know if this is what you need in the subcategory

2 Likes

Hey Henrique, @HenriqueNeves
Thanks again for your application! The selection process was not easy one for us. Your application is strong and well done. We think that your work is very consistent and interesting, although we feel that the impact of the stipend in your project wouldn’t be the strongest. We really appreciate your work, but unfortunately for this edition we selected Sara Mosli and João Emediato.
We used the following evaluation criteria: » Quality of Artwork » Past Experience » Fiting with Incubadora concept »Quality of application »Impact of the Stipend on the artist/project
It was a very hard decision, and we will keep your application for the next round! Feel free to add more info if you’d like or edit your post. We will be reviewing again in November.
Cheers

We would like to send you an airdrop of 4.4N for the participation! But I can’t see your wallet adress, do you have one? If not let us know and we can help you creating one!

1 Like

Thanks for the reply and my congratulations to Sara Mosli and João Emediato

I really would like to get my 4.4N but I do not have an account nor do I know how to make one yet. I ll wait a bit for your help ( if you can do so ) or try to do it myself this next weekend

best

2 Likes

I sent you an email with guidelines, feel free to reach us if you have any doubts :smiley:

1 Like