[Approved] Showcasing NEAR: by BEExperience & ReadyLayerOne

Hi All,

Kobie McGlashan here, some of you may know me as kdot. I am putting forward a proposal that I believe will help accelerate the growth of NEAR while providing much needed insights into the tech, the community and the amazing teams building here.

For those who don’t know me, I have been a large advocate of NEAR since arriving here at the end of 2021. My professional experience in this ecosystem has seen me create, plan and execute large scale go-to market strategies via a series of strategic campaigns.

Most notably, I was the person in charge of creating and implementing these marketing strategies for both ASAC and Orderly Network. I am proud to say that these 2 companies were, and still are leading the charge in their respective fields (ASAC #1 NFT project on NEAR - Orderly Network: Accountable for ~8% of TVL on NEAR).

I have since branched off and founded my own company (BEExperience) which aims to provide professional development services and clear pathways to careers in web3.

Why am I here and what am I proposing?

Showcasing NEAR: by BEExperience & ReadyLayerOne

This proposal is aimed at increasing visibility towards the NEAR ecosystem in a series of coordinated campaigns that aim to target every sector of the ecosystem.

I have written the plan (which I am more than happy to go further into detail upon request) that myself and the team at Ready Layer One have in order to bring more visibility to NEAR, and the amazing people building here. This plan briefly describes the campaign journey, however - more in-depth specifics about who and what is being covered will be released in the first Medium article.

For those who know me, this goes without saying but we are committed to carrying this out with, or without funding. Funding would allow us to ensure the content is the best it can be while also involving multiple people from WITHIN the ecosystem, so they too have a chance to earn and participate.

Please feel free to ask questions and provide feedback!

10 Likes

Shitzu community is ready to support as needed

2 Likes

Hi @kdot thanks for the proposal. I am a fan of BEExperience, hold one of your NFTs, etc., definitely supportive of the work you’re doing in the ecosystem.

In order to move this proposal through the review process, I think we need to understand a few things with additional depth. I reviewed your Google doc. Can you tell me more about the following:

• How are the two teams collaborating on this?
  • How will you select the areas you plan to cover each month (is what is outlined in the Google doc a set plan or just an example?)
  • Are you producing the show + content under the BEEexperience brand/channels, RLO, both or a new brand?
  • What are your plans for growing audience/listenership and how will you track progress in order to show performance?

In terms of the budget, as a longtime podcast host, I know how much work it is to produce, but your per episode cost is higher than what we’ve funded for a number of shows recently. Just pointing that out.

Also, what is the $1,100 for community content incentives for?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi.

What is the utility of the ASAC collection? If it is the most successful collection on Near, why did you request the funding?

Question to Really Layer One: Who sponsors of Near Is Now project? What is the list of projects that will be promoted? I see many useless NFT collections and projects under Near is Now Umbrella.

Question to @jackc and Marketing DAO: why do you support influencers like Ready Layer One, kdot , shitzu if NF removed the category from Marketing DAO?
Thanks

Hi Lorraine,

Firstly, i’d like to thank you for the kind words and support!

• How are the two teams collaborating on this?

Ourselves and RLO will be providing coverage and utilizing both existing communities to help push these campaigns forward. Co-hosting podcasts and spaces while we cover the written content with the in-depth views into each project and sector we cover.

• How will you select the areas you plan to cover each month (is what is outlined in the Google doc a set plan or just an example?)

We currently have a plan for 6, month long campaigns that will see each month have a dedicated campaign month (e.g: DeFi month - covering 4 projects with written, spoken and video content). The selected projects in each sector will first come on a spaces (all together) to talk about the overall direction of their particular sector. We will then focus into each individual project and have a podcast, professional research article and twitter threads that will cover the complete project and their mission.

• Are you producing the show + content under the BEExperience brand/channels, RLO, both or a new brand?

We will be producing this under both brands. Podcast being: Ready Layer Bee, spaces to be hosted off of BEExperience/RLO twitter accounts and the overall campaign being: Showcasing NEAR.

• What are your plans for growing audience/listenership and how will you track progress in order to show performance?

The need for multiple forms of content has never been clearer. It’s easy to get stuck in an echo chamber when covering particular ecosystems. Our plan is to attack long and short form content that will be chopped up and distributed across all social platforms. With backgrounds in Marketing, myself and Jared have a very good eye for marketing strategy and we are going to be tracking engagement via the use of clicklinks and analytical widgets provided on social platforms. We will be able to provide in-depth reports on reach and impact (to which we will use to improve exposure each month with the data we find).

In terms of the budget, as a longtime podcast host, I know how much work it is to produce, but your per episode cost is higher than what we’ve funded for a number of shows recently. Just pointing that out.

The podcast section includes an editor that will be chopping the podcast up into short form content that will be suitable for other socials channels that the podcast would be too long for. Each podcast will generate between 10-20 pieces of content (not including the podcast itself) that will be shared across all social media platforms.

Also, what is the $1,100 for community content incentives for?

This is to incentivize participation. We will buy tokens/NFTs of whichever project we are covering that month/week and give them away to community members for attendance on spaces, active engagement and overall incentives to help push the content forward.

We very much want to provide people some work from within the NEAR ecosystem so we will regularly engage artists, designers, content writers (and many other roles) to help with content and promoting the overall campaign.

Thank you very much for the questions, I hope this highlights the plan with more detail but if there is anything else you’d like clarity on, please feel free to ask away!

1 Like

Hi Jeka,

What is the utility of the ASAC collection? If it is the most successful collection on Near, why did you request the funding?

Not sure if you’ve quite understood my intro. I am not an owner of ASAC - I was the marketing director.

Question to Really Layer One: Who sponsors of Near Is Now project? What is the list of projects that will be promoted? I see many useless NFT collections and projects under Near is Now Umbrella.

NEARisNOW is a community movement that is supported by founders within the ecosystem. Their goal is to promote ALL of NEAR and not necessarily just the top performers. This campaign and NiN are not related.

1 Like

Hey @Jeka.mk – re: influencers, what is out of scope is including influencer marketing fees in proposals. We had a number of projects that were using Community funds to cover the cost of paying influencers to do promotion on their behalf, making the project in effect a middle man. It’s too hard for us to track/verify the quality of the work in that situation. It’s also adjacent to paid advertising, which is also out of scope. The situation with RLO, Shitzu, etc., is different. They use the funding to produce their own content, not pay influencers. Hope that helps clarify!

1 Like

Thanks @kdot – I appreciate the additional info/answers. I’m happy to support this for a month – it may be possible to fund multiple months in the future, but we are currently starting new projects at one month. To be transparent, I think it’s important to note here that we can’t guarantee funding for six months or funding at the same level each month depending on what’s happening operationally and with our budget. But that said, I do look forward to seeing this project come to life.

1 Like

This is fantastic, thank you very much!

We intend to continue regardless of funding. Funding just allows us to work to schedules and have a better end product.

We will provide a full ‘reach’ report across all socials once ‘Month 1’ is complete.

Thanks again for your support.

Hi @kdot first my apologies on behalf of the Marketing DAO for the delay in coming to a decision on your proposal. I have read the comments by fellow council and have come to the conclusion that i am also happy to support for one month

1 Like

Hi @cryptocredit

No problem at all and thank you very much for the support!

Hoping you had a great holiday period!

What is the best method to contact you for next steps? My TG is @Kobie_BEE if this helps.

1 Like

Hi Kobie, thanks for your proposal and detailed answers to fellow Council members comments and queries.

I support this proposal, noting that:

• The team is well know in the NEAR ecosystem, with both a track record of executing Marketing campaigns as well as commitment to see NEAR ecosystem grow (beyond merely performing a task in exchange for money).
  • The proposal is well thought out and crafted to meet the needs of the ecosystem.
  • I embrace collaboration of all forms. M DAO is here to enable more community members to produce their best work and grow organically. We want to be an ecosystem where anyone can rise through merit to become an ‘influencer’ (someone who is well known and respected). I applaud RLO for extending their platform to others, including myself, and the BeeExperience team for the distribution platform they’ve built. I am confident these two teams will find ways to equally elevate others.
  • I’ll also note that I had a call with Kobie to discuss and provide feedback on proposal prior to it being posted here. I’ve also had inbound messages from reputable members of ecosystem to express their support for this initiative.

I am moving this proposal to approved. Next steps:

1. Submit a poll on AstroDAO so Council can formally vote.
  2. After AstroDAO has been approved, submit payment request to NF using Ironclad form (requires KYC).
  3. You’ll receive rewards agreement. After digital signature funds will be transferred to your wallet.

Let us know if you have any questions. Good luck!

2 Likes