[INTRODUCTION] Samya DAO (uplifting and encouraging young women in marginalized societies to achieve their dreams)

Peace be to you community i hope everyone is doing well :heart:

Contact Name : lujain.near
Target Adress :samya.sputnik-dao.near
Current Balance : 5 near
Funding Period : January/February
Request Amount : 500 near

Samya DAO is an organization that supports marginalized women around the world in countries like Saudi Arabia , Turkey , Malaysia , Egypt and even Canada by empowering them through education , community and creativity . Samya Dao was created in honor of my late mother who always supported me and did her best to give me the tools I need to further better my skills ,she told me to follow my dreams and this is me bringing them to life my .
I always dreamed of a safe place where I can go and just make things, growing up in Saudi Arabia there was not much to do especially for girls you always needed a man to get things and to go places luckily I had a wonderful father but even he could only do so much because that is just how the society was.
Samya DAO aims to change that by introducing young women to web3 using NEAR Protocol I chose NEAR because it is a user friendly platform with so many great resources and low fees.

Short term goals

Goals for January/February

Long term goals

• offer a variety classes (NFTs , Defi , DAO , Crypto Currency , Art)
  • educational grants and financial aid
  • build facilities where girls can learn , grow and create
  • leadership training and mentorship
  • support artist

https://www.notion.so/065dd8428f0742fba51c62f091c4f0bd?v=23891bf2a3c34f91af291e89688730a2

3 Likes

It’s a nice project and a good one that can be archieved

2 Likes

Hello @lujane

Welcome :slight_smile:

Awesome projects and goals!

Sadly, the proposal on astrodao had to be downvoted, because it doesn’t follow the Creatives DAO guidelines.

https://gov.near.org/t/guide-how-to-submit-a-funding-proposal-to-the-creatives-dao/2225/7

We have a hard cap of 5000$ per month, per DAO request. Also, proposals should first be approved first in each community, and then a general proposal is presented to the Creatives DAO Council.

This is a good example: CUDO DAO - NEAR Forum Projects are presented individually, so that the community is able to engage, and then one big proposal (up to 5000$) is presented to this Council. You have lots of examples under the category “Creatives DAO”.

I have created a samya-dao tag so that you can group your topics :slight_smile:

If you have any questions, join our Telegram Group: Telegram: Contact @CreativeGuilds

At your disposal to clarify any other doubts.

Again, welcome :slight_smile: Happy to see Samya DAO joining the ecosystem.

:pray:

4 Likes

thank you for clearing things up for me for me :heart:
and can i still apply for this months funding?

2 Likes

Great proposal :vulcan_salute:

Please contact @sasha he is very active on Discord → SashaBlock | Learn NEAR#5198

So your translations are going to be uploaded to the learnear webpage :rocket:

1 Like

I personally see nothing stopping that. It’s just a matter of getting the structure clear and detailed, with links and info about your community.

Hope it works out :wink:

1 Like

Thank U Reaction GIF by BROCKHAMPTON

Thank U Reaction GIF by MOODMAN