Samya Dao January funding request

Samya DAO

council members :heart:

Lujane Warsame
Lujane is and artist and jeweler who grew up in Saudi Arabia she was introduced to near protocol by working with KinDAO for the art exhibit Hyphae and was then encouraged to start her own DAO to uplift young women and girls from marginalized societies to achieve their dreams .

Project :

Samya is a DAO that supports women around the world from countries like Saudi Arabia ,Turkey , Malaysia , Egypt and even Canada by empowering them through education ,community and creativity. In the past we offered leadership training and coaching for girls in Arabic we also gave grants to purchase devices for distance learning to students . our goal is to empower these young women to take ownership of their lives and improve their lives to have a successful future.
Samya DAO aims to introduce young women to web3 using NEAR Protocol we chose NEAR because it is a user friendly platform with so many great resources and low fees.

target : samya.sputnik-dao.near

total funding amount for Jan/Feb : $5000

projects and timelines :
—until the end of January
-translate articles and resources on near protocol page to Arabic and create a comprehensive introductory course to near (blockchain - nfts - daos)
—for February
-give said classes
-start translating and creating next class

Hey, thanks for sharing this proposal!

Can you expand on what the $5,000 would be used for in more detail, please?

1 Like
  • our labor of the translation from english to Arabic
  • creation of a comprehensive curriculum (i am a part of the near Arabia discord and saw some of the presentations and noticed that it was very hard to go through i want to make it simplified to hopefully make it inviting for our students )
  • we will be working with enlightening dreams to offer these classes and they will need to be paid need
    https://enlighteningdreams.net/?page_id=359
  • we will also be creating wallets for everyone
    -next we will create galleries
    -there will be 2 more council members added who will work with me on this

i hope this gives you a better idea of what we are doing :heart:

Thanks! Would be great if you could break it down a little further and put the expected cost of each initiative along with what they are.

Curriculum for what? Onboarding?

1 Like

-our labor of the translation from english to Arabic and the creation of a comprehensive curriculum (i am a part of the near Arabia discord and saw some of the presentations and noticed that it was very hard to go through i want to make it simplified to hopefully make it inviting for our students ) 3 members $750 each
-we will be working with enlightening dreams to offer leadership workshops $700
https://enlighteningdreams.net/?page_id=359
-we will also be creating wallets for everyone and giving our students near to incentivize them $300

• we will create galleries with our students $200
    -(marketing ,social media creation and management ,grapic design, storytelling )$700
    offer educational grants $500

total = $4650

What are you translating?

Are the grants going to students?

1 Like

an introductory presentation to introduce our students to near they need to first understand blockchain and web3’s key concept’s .
Onboarding and inviting students to NEAR protocal to become part of of the growing community .

Awesome, thanks for clarifying.

Do you have active Samya DAO communities open at the moment? A Telegram/Twitter?

1 Like

yeah im sorry for the misunderstanding

yes the grants will go to students currently enrolled in university

Do you have any community channels up and running atm?