[Closed] GAME

PROJECT OVERVIEW

EVENT SUMMARY: The GAME NIGHT will take place on Saturday, the 8th of October 2022. The theme of the event will be centered around NEAR and the web3 ecosystem in general. We will have banners and other props to this effect. The attendees will be grouped into four teams distinguished by the color of their hand tags and each team will be assigned a Captain. This Team Captain will facilitate the participation of their teams in the team games and will also act as a liaison between the attendees and the organizers. Each team Captain will also be tasked with onboarding their respective team members to the telegram and whatsapp groups. Refreshments in form of snacks and pet drinks will be served to all attendees. There will be different types of interesting board games available and we will also have a Team Game session which allows the different teams to contest against one another.

GOALS/EXPECTED IMPACT:

• Introducing game techies and Web3 enthusiasts amongst the attendees to the Gov forum where they can connect with the ecosystem and be exposed to the activities of different guilds such as the Human Guild, the NEAR guild dedicated to supporting the next generation of Web3 games built on NEAR.

• Creation of the Chop Life Inc mintbase store which will feature sales of NFT Tickets to attendees. Tickets will be available on our store and can only be purchased with Near.

• The event will also be hosted in the metaverse via NearHub to encourage online participation from our community. NEAR Hub offers users the option to interact with the metaverse through their mobile phones and to access the space by easily connecting with their NEAR wallet login. It is also the perfect place to meet like minds and learn about NEAR Protocol, DeFi, DAOs, Gaming, NFTs and so much more.

• Minting of Pictures and video content from the event on our Mintbase store as NFTS. All highlighted activities and photoworks from the event will be minted.

• Promotion/Marketing of the NEAR ecosystem to the attendees: There will be a live interactive trivia session about NEAR and the WEB3 ecosystem. This will form part of the Team Games that we normally have. The trivia questions will be printed on playing cards carrying the NEAR logo. There will be two sessions, one at the beginning and the other to wrap up the event. The winners of each session gets a $50 reward in NEAR. Also, we will introduce the attendees to NEARCRASH, a game on the NEAR PROTOCOL where players have to login with a near wallet to play and earn rewards. Branded souvenirs such as face caps, T-shirts, Mugs, Water bottles, key chains etc featuring the NEAR logo will be awarded to attendees who win different game rounds. Attendees that are eligible for these giveaway prizes will have to open a NEAR Wallet to claim their prizes, this in turn makes onboarding easy and fun.

• Encouraging game enthusiasts from none-web3 background to opening a Near Wallet (winning the trivia sessions and other game rounds and being incentivized to open one).

• Creating a community of game nights lovers of up to 300 active participants. We already have a chop life community on whatsapp with about 100 members where we share news and event updates. We will onboard new game night attendees to the group as well and to foster participation and community engagement activity, they will be onboarded to the NxM Discord Server where they can participate in the weekly Trivia challenge to win prizes in NEARcoin. We believe this idea will exponentially increase interest in participating in ecosystem activity.

• We have a following of over 300 people on Instagram that we’ll continually feed content from this event and we’ll also promote our NFT collection (pictures and videos) from the event on a regular basis for increased visibility and reach.

METRICS:

• Enthusiastically preaching the gospel of Near and the ecosystem to over 200 attendees on the event day and onboarding at least 150 people.

• Introducing onboarded participants to different DAOs and Guilds in the ecosystem so as to foster participation in ecosystem activities. For instance, musicians and other creatives will be introduced to the NxM and creatives DAO respectively. Onboarded musicians will be introduced to the NxM discord server where weekly trivia sessions about NEAR and the music ecosystem are held. We hope to onboard at least 50 people to this community.

• Connecting game/app developers from our tech audience to the Human Guild where they can connect with like minds to build more Web3 based games for the ecosystem. We also aim to onboard at least 10 people from our audience to this guild.

• Projected sales of over 50 NFT tickets.

• Sales of NFT content (photo and video) from the event.

• At least 50 people in attendance in NearHub.

FUNDING SCHEME: ONE TIME ONLY

BUDGET BREAKDOWN:

VENUE COST: 400USD

RENTING OF GAMES AND PROPS: 200USD

VIDEOGRAPGHY AND PHOTOGRAPHY: 300USD

GRAPHIC DESIGN AND BRANDING: 100USD

NEAR BRANDED SOUVENIRS: 200USD

TRIVIA SESSION GRAND PRIZE: 100USD

PROMOTION VIA SOCIALS: 150USD

GAMES MASTER & PROJECT COORDINATORS RENUMERATION: 300USD

REFRESHMENTS: 200USD

NEAR FOR WALLET CREATION: 30N (110USD)

Total requested amount in USD - $2,060

NEAR Wallet ID - legendharry.near

This proposal has been revised as advised by @Dacha

Cc @marketingdao-council

1 Like

Thanks for your proposal,

This seems like a fund event. However, I do not think it has a strong enough connection to the NEAR core mission.

The connection to NEAR has to come from the nature of the event itself - playing games and having fun lack that. This is distinct from simply having expensive NEAR Merch in an attempt tot quality for the Community Fund while having the community fund pay for everything.

I do not support this proposal.

Thank you for your comment @satojandro . As it is clearly stated in the proposal, this event isn’t about just playing games and having fun as you think. Please take your time to peruse it again if you will. The goals and metrics are clearly listed and those are the aim of the event. I suggest you focus on the aspect of what the event aims to achieve instead of focusing on “the event” as just fun. I fail to understand why “fun” would be a criteria for rejection though, besides, people are generally more receptive to trying something new when they are having “fun”. Web3 is still very new to this part of the world and events like these is one of the tried & tested ways to get people to familiarize with new ideas and explore new opportunities such as those available in the NEAR ecosystem or isn’t that the entire point of marketing a new idea to people?

Also, your comment about funding just sounded a bit strange/confusing to me. In my understanding of proposals that have been approved by council, they have all been paid for by community funding, so I don’t understand why this should be different in my opinion. Are we no longer on the path of fairness and equality in the community?
Thanks for the input.

This event isn’t just about the fun. The fun is what brings people together. The aim of the event is to onboard and introduce attendees to the ecosystem which is in line with the NEAR core mission and those are clearly stated. If there are questions about the goals and metrics, then I would be happy to answer. I think that should be the focus and not the fun nature of the event. @marketingdao-council

Hey @Legendharry – thanks for the proposal – I don’t doubt your enthusiasm for this project, but I can’t support this proposal at this time. It’s not about fairness or equality in the community – we have a need to show direct lines between funding allocated from the Community fund and significant impact to the NEAR ecosystem through new, active wallets, onboarded developers, contributors to high impact projects and new high-quality teams creating projects with potential to bring significant impact to the ecosystem. It’s not personal, but I do not think this is the right fit for MarketingDAO funding at this time and in this climate of shifting priorities.

Honestly, all these points and how to achieve them have already been discussed in the proposal. Is there something I’m missing cos I’m really really confused right now. It sure seems like it’s personal at this point because no questions have been asked about the project. It’s just been outright rejection with no valid reasons in my opinion because if onboarding, creating active wallets, selling NFT tickets, educating and introducing newcomers to guilds and daos on this forum as clearly stated in the proposal is not part of the NEAR core mission then I wonder what is.

Thanks for your comment.

Not trying to sound defensive but if you are worried about the above quote without first seeing the impact of the project in question, then I don’t know what to say. It’s like a catch - 22 situation. Without experience you can’t get a job and without a job, you can’t get experience.

Thanks for your comments. Well received.

Hi @marketingdao-council , I’d like to get an update on the council’s decision about this proposal. I understand the busy nature of your calendar but I figured if @satojandro can submit a proposal and it gets reviewed and approved in less than 24hours, then I figure other members of the community should be afforded same courtesy especially since it’s a decentralized community. This project is time sensitive and I have already moved the date once. I’m already in talks with some front and back end developers (that we plan to onboard to the human guild) who would love to be present at the event with their community but wouldn’t be available in the country after a specific timeline. So please let me know if this revised proposal gets a pass or not. Thanks for reviewing.

Hi @Legendharry thanks for your revised proposal. I note that your have made changes to the structure of the event following previous comments from council, and i appreciate that you are keen to test the Game Night format to try onboarding new users.
With the current market situation and the need to ensure that all funding generates value to the NEAR ecosystem, i am unable to support your proposal on this occasion.
Maybe you could look to continue to collaborate with NxM Guild as i see you have worked with them in the past.

It sure seems @marketingdao-council is only looking to fund technical projects/developments and no community outreach/engagement activities. If no one on the council can find value in this proposal then I wonder what kind of proposals is expected from community members. Not everyone is into tech on this forum which means not everyone can propose a tech-related subject. Besides, we can only propose what we can do based on what we have experience in doing…that’s the only way we can individually contribute to the ecosystem. If our plans and visions are watered-down and not encouraged then I see no point in trying cos it seems like only a select few or should I say favorites of the council usually get approved proposals on here. The community is getting increasingly biased and toxic. Y’all should fix up.