Reporting discomfort

Yes, I’m a maniac, I’m completely crazy, I left the asylum in December of last year, I’m borderline and I need to be careful. I’m a person, I’m not here to be funny, I’m here to work since art is great therapy. I’ve been involved in this community since February and it helped to heal me, but for some time now, I haven’t been able to, I don’t need to say anything else. It’s clear and evident that there is no care here.

Capacitism too?
It was just what I needed…
That’s just wrong.

3 Likes

LulucaL, sorry mate for calling maniac. For me it’s a synonym of a free person without any inner restricions to share ideas and spread the word to others. So, much respect for ya sharing your story.
A bad joke from my side. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You know, I’ve had enough of everything here.
So many things wrong, blatantly in everyone’s face, and when someone exposes what is done with these people? NOTHING!

The environment here at Creatives is toxic and abusive in so many ways.

What kills me the most is seeing moderators with fake wallets schemes barring projects from people who work hard to develop their projects.

Moderators who lack respect, and when they are flagged, they change their comments with just one point to keep what they said, the final word.

Moderator who sucks the ecosystem, traveling by plane and drinking champagne, at the expense of plagiarized arts and his beautiful projects approved by other moderators; who will know if he is not involved in these schemes too… after all, beautiful projects are barred for nothing, and these others are not even questioned.

What is the point of this?
An entire community afraid.

Many depend on the money from the projects here to be able to eat during the month, the fear of retaliation by these corrupt and powerful people is real.

But so what? What to do?

@johanga denounced another moderator these days, what was done? NOTHING.

And you know why I didn’t report the moderator that I know is stealing from NEAR, because I know that nothing will be done either, and it is easier to take me out of the system.

With all due respect @David_NEAR , we need a solution that comes from a reliable place, because there are many corrupted people here and this is hurting those who are doing a serious job.

It is very sad to see greed taking over a place that has room for everyone and has all the potential to grow even more.

I am fed up with this impunity.

7 Likes

That’s about it. We MUST know that behind the avatars there are still people. :disappointed_relieved:

I JUST CAN’T
HOW ABUSIVE IS THAT?

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Hi Sarah,

I’m not implying there is a correlation. I’m just stating that it’s worth keeping in mind that in a global community, we will have people whose first language isn’t English and there will be language barriers. To be clear, by no means am I saying that it’s a justification to bad behaviour. Just asking everyone to be cognisant of that.

How would you suggest we fix that in a way that doesn’t require users to be doxxed to participate here? I’ve suggested this:

But if you have other approaches that you think might work, we’re open to it. I agree that we see a lot of armchair critics that ask questions without adding anything of value, which is why I suggested constructive criticism(along with How To’s) to be added to the community guidelines.

That’s where the point of “How to give constructive criticism” kicks in. Then a contributor is not just asking questions, but offering actionable inputs.

Right now, it’s the report function. But once the new moderator team is in place, we can figure out other methods. Again, open to any suggestions.

4 Likes

:100: agree and multiple schemes in creative daos.

:100: @creativesdao-council

@illia @marieke.flament @mecsbecs @David_NEAR please find new not-corrupted moderators

And @sarahkornfeld @Cryptonaut @LulucaL and others are trying to shut community and using standard tactics ( flagging posts, accusing everyone of discrimination, etc).

Even people from Creatives don’t support them - 4 comments from all creative members

https://gov.near.org/t/creatives-individual-representation-of-constitution-of-ndc/29156

1 Like

@Isa_Danoninho Please feel free to speak up when you see something or DM one of us on the community team if you feel comfortable(@shreyas , @David_NEAR , @MarcusNEAR , @swella ).

We’re currently in talks with the creatives DAO regarding funding. I’ve asked them to stop funding any new proposals until the following are established:

• Metrics and Accountability for Funding deployed
  • Directions from NF in terms of our overall goals & plan from the Creatives DAO on how their strategy that specifically ladders up to NF’s overall goals.
  • Reporting structure based off the agreed goals
  • Fixed amount of funding per month
  • Transparent decision making process
  • Actually decentralized DAO(if not from the get go, at least a plan with timelines on what that process would look like.

In terms of processes, this will first be a call, then based off of that, a forum post with all the details so that everyone interested can give feedback. After this, we’ll lock timelines and get going with the plan so that the community is clear on what the changes are, and by when they can expect everything to be functional.

15 Likes

you are asking to stop funding projects for some people who are the ones stealing the projects.
corruption is inside creatives mods.
and they are using real projects and barring them to make up their shit.

6 Likes

Acusations
Disrespect
Not true
:roll_eyes:

Should I call my lawyer for this conversation?
@Nanashara i Just did :nail_care:

@shreyas @David_NEAR if i prove to you a corruption scheme of fake wallets, that has been running since at least April, by at least one of the moderators, what will be the attitude taken by you?
I have proof, from months ago, but I have.

4 Likes

Thank you, @shreyas

I am specifically not asking people to be doxxed, and I think that when the new moderator team comes in they will also have ideas about how to create a process for complaints and interventions that are fair. But for the moment here are my thoughts:

1. The flag is in place, but it might make sense for a place for comments to go to legal or a way to share ideas or concerns that get vetted, public discourse is one thing, and attacking is another. Is there a specific way to write your concerns to a legal person or team?
  2. I think for the community guidelines there is already some more thinking about this going on in lots of groups and perhaps that will come out of the NDC for governance community-wide – but ultimately this comes down to healthy conflict resolution. I don’t have the answer, I wish I did.
  3. Re: women, I think that the team here – like in most global digital communities – should consider getting some training in understanding the real concerns, and aggressive tactics used by trolls, and become more fluent in identifying how to manage the community temperature. It’s pretty hot right now.
  4. If an accusation has an actionable suggestion this makes total sense. In my own case, I responded to a request for action, and it’s still going with attacks and conspiracies ongoing. So, I suppose your team needs to make a call about what’s too much.

Thanks again

3 Likes

Hey folks,

As a member of NEAR Forums and NEAR Community for quite sometimes, I have seen quite a lot of this situation happened in our Forums. Therefor, here is my following opinion:

1. Criticism Feedback is a part of development: This is very oblivious and so you see it right within our current society. And it is un-deniable that Criticism Feedback is playing the crucial role for the development in general.

2. Accept it, work with it and bring out a better/constructive vibe : Trust me, this is one of the best experience that I got by sweats and tears since joining the Forums. I am always that type of person that looking to find the answer to every single question because by doing this, you only get more experience. Now, I have seen a lot of good builders that left the Ecosystem are subjecting to this kind of action but the people that can overcoming this came out even stronger and even build the Ecosystem better. Amazing examples are @Dacha and @rimberjack. It is some kind of natural selection and it is a part of our growth.

3. Remember, we are all here with 1 common objective: Make NEAR the best place : Now this sound more general in a common way but think about it, we are in a diversity Community and different people has different background, different idea about how things work and how things should be. But on overall, we still working a same way towards the common goal: Make NEAR the best place.

So with everything being said, I hope this would help you and other members that currently subject to this kind of action would fine a way to cope and envolve to the best of us.

What doesn’t kill you will make you stronger right?

And also to everyone: Please consider your choice of words when questioning or bring down criticism feedbacks since just 1 word could bring out a different vibe and toward.

14 Likes

Please do report any kind of misbehaviour for any individuals that currently operating within the Ecosystem.

At NEAR Community, I - myself and among many others do not tolerate any kind of this action.
Please speak up and I will make sure your voice will be heard.

Cheers

8 Likes

We have a meetings with the NF on Tuesday. As of now the funding has been asked to put on hold.

@kc_sollano and @blusw are gonna share a qualitative report post, where we’d need help from the community to answer 2-3 questions.

We’re preparing a report to show the value added by the creatives DAO and would want your support. Please add to the sheet the details needed.

We will inform you about the dialogue in the meeting as soon as we get done.

Please fill in the details here for us to create a report to showcase all creatives associated DAOs activities.

2 Likes

@Isa_Danoninho you’ve written all my thoughts :purple_heart:
i’ve got the experience - to share my view and info that is not supportive for moderators but very honest and is the truth. they just deleted it all without any changes and even reply. so i stopped , i have enough work to spend my energy for.
here nothing works until creative mods are “creating” many DAOs for themselves (that do nothing), approving it by themselves together and deleting all the comments that say truth about them.
saying about sustainability they’re bringing centralization to NEAR, and nobody do nothing.

how the person, that came to ecosystem 2 months ago can be a Leader? what does he know about decentralization if he never met it personally? how does he leads the community? - he has nothing common to it, he came just to take as much money from NF as he could imagine. so we see many new DAOs from same people,

lots of proofs are collected, but as @Isa_Danoninho has already said - if anyone will go through it to make changes? who?

8 Likes

Thanks @illia @marieke.flament @David_NEAR @mecsbecs to stop the bs.

How the schemes participant can preparing something?
Please show list of your DAOs
Please show total received amount in creative dao
Please show results
Please show all reports
Please show people in daos

1 Like

you’re getting 250N monthly for exactly this job - to prepare reports

why do you ask people to do this job instead of you ?

it’s you have to check all the proposals and all the reports of Creatives DAOs that was made during last 6 months and be prepared for the call

6 Likes

3 Likes

The punitive nature of the processes you’ve laid forth is incredibly problematic and harmful to those of us who frequently participate and interact within the Creatives DAO and/or have frequently onboarded others into this community oftentimes without being resourced to do so. In fact, I’m in the thick of co-producing a multi-metaverse music festival (the 2nd annual) that will feature and engage with not only hundreds of creators and musicians but also several DAOs across the NEAR protocol and communities across the entire ecosystem in an effort to build belonging and foster cross-community collaboration.

While CreativesDAO and NEAR have become toxic cesspools imho, the way this entire situation has reared its ugly head and how it’s being (un)resolved is a page for the history books.

Several suggestions:
*Holistic processes should be implemented to ensure that moving forward, this is collaborative and fruitful rather than punitive.
*I suggest nixing the latter point which would continue to stifle innovation, dampen morale, and significantly halt community building as the development of DAOs can take a VERY long time. Even beginning stages can take months. Not saying that it should happen, however, I have built several daos across the macro ecosystem and am a frequent contributor to some of the most established, well-oiled DAOs and this process can take extremely long.
*Both qualitative and quantitative data should be collected. This can be done via interviews and storytelling circles./listening circles Data alone does not even begin to tell the story of the incredible work that many of us are doing here. Relying solely on data especially when we’re enacting systems and cultural change can lead to very problematic, toxic systems that are not representative of the culture and plethora of DAOs that exist within Creatives DAO. I wholeheartedly encourage NEAR CORE to LISTEN more.
*Host a Global Townhall with significant lead time to invite ALL DAOs here, the CORE team, mods, and so on. Through this communication vehicle, we can participate in intentional conversations and discuss solutions to ensure EVERYONE and EVERY DAO is heard instead of CORE and certain mods continuing to push forth solutions with little to no consultation from those of us who are most impacted by said policies. Ensure event has ASL interpretation and transcription available so that it is accessible to those with disabilities within our community.
*NEAR should continue to incentivize onboarding and champion creativity within this ecosystem. Many of us have spent hundreds of hours onboarding, building, creating, and pushing forth new avenues for creators to participate in our respective DAOs. There are people and DAOs who continue to push forth brilliant initiatives and events. Funding from NFT needs to be divvied out to Creatives DAO not just DEVs, platforms, and Tech initiatives. During the aforementioned processes and as they are carved out, NEAR should continue to fund hallmark DAOs and projects that provide value to our community and NEAR at large. Doing so without a buffer (timeframe to work with0, is incredibly traumatic and lacks empathy.

Lastly and more importantly, I encourage NEAR and Creatives DAO to resource a conflict resolution mediator ie Charm Taylor that also gives space to the community to be involved in carving out said solutions instead of prescriptive demand coming from NF and Top Down. Happy to connect and co-facilitate any of the above, time permitting.

Thank you for your consideration and time.
Natalie
Onboarding DAO
Metaverse Music Festival

5 Likes

As I mentioned in the above reply, the Ecosystem is not inclusive to only Creatives MOD but for a lot of different people working in different field, DAOs and environment.

Rather than being disappointed by 1 system doesn’t mean others system will be the same.

And as I said to @Isa_Danoninho , feel free to speak up, show up your proofs, evidences or anything against any individual. I will make sure these action will have no place within our Community

2 Likes