[REPORT] The Kin DAO I March & April 2022

Kin DAO Marketing I March & April 2022 Report

Dear Marketing DAO,

We apologize for the late report and appreciate your patience with us. I am a primary communicator here on the forums and was a bit overwhelmed by personal matters these last two months. In March I experienced a death in my immediate family while in April I was traveling, followed by a few weeks of being down/recovering from Covid while balancing overall project operations.

March
As you know, in March we put in a proposal to the Ecosystem DAO to travel to Austin, Texas to be NEAR Ambassadors at SXSW. We posted our proposal on Feb 25th and did not get a confirmed response until 12 days later on March 9th, two days before the event began. Unfortunately, by that point we had canceled all of our trip reservations because we were unable to afford the entirety of the trip out of pocket and were unsure if we would be approved. It was definitely a big disappointment for us as we knew being present at SXSW would be impactful for our communities. In the future, if we propose something similar, we will be doing our best to put in our proposals many weeks in advance. We communicated with FEEDIA that we would not be attending SXSW and our investment with them that included SXSW Activations would need to shift to another future event. We agreed to begin working with FEEDIA on our Market and Metaverse Strategy Development, Research and Market Analysis, as well as our Content Creation. Shortly after this my familial passing happened and we slowed our movements in respect of this.

—> On March 25th we officially signed our agreement with FEEDIA and transferred the 900 NEAR to our collaborator, Kwasi, from FEEDIA whom we will be working closely with.

While we got far less work done in terms of Marketing, we made agreements with FEEDIA that our time period together would be extended. That means that the proposal in which you supported is still on track to be fulfilled, just in a different timeframe than expected.

In terms of our regular operations, The Kin DAO and our parallel project Primordia DAO both moved forward successfully.

You can check out The Kin DAO March Report here that explains much of the behind the scenes work we accomplished while we build up both our For Product Model and our New Art City Exhibition. Both projects are very powerful and expansive requiring much time and attention before being released. We are excited to share them with you and the rest of the community when they are completed, hopefully this summer.

You can check out the Primordia DAO March Report here which shows our success in supporting and onboarding 6 new DAOs from our communities, creating some educational content and starting off with a strong council of 2 DAOs.

April
In April both myself and @godofnfts began weekly meeting with Kwasi from FEEDIA that lasted 1-2hrs. These meetings were primarily for the purpose of Kwasi downloading and understanding the entirety of our story in order to begin strategy developments and storytelling curation. This is no small task as our linage journey is long and complicated, our vision is not simple and our personal histories tie deeply into the storytelling of our project. We are currently awaiting a first draft press release from Kwasi that condenses and clearly communicates all that he has learned from these meetings into one, well written piece. Once we receive this press release and confirm that it tells our story well, we will be moving forward with greater involvement with Kwasi to begin our overall strategizing. We will also share this piece with you here once it is available.

The Kin DAO April Report shows our continued work on our For Product Model and New Art City Exhibition in a different way. Instead of focusing on the technical work of building up these projects we focused on relationship building, teaching, onboarding and community expansion by attending a week long event in collaboration with EFAM DAO at the Rosebud Reservation in South Dakota. Here we presented our journey into Web3 and began the process of starting some of the first Lakota DAOs while collaborating on future projects that include building structures for the community with ARC DAO.

You can look at the Primordia DAO April Report to see that we had another successful month where we were able to support and onboard another 6 DAOs and added another DAO to our council of DAOs (ARC DAO), making Primordia DAO a DAO of 3 DAOS!! DAO-ception!

May
In May we plan on continuing our weekly meetings with Kwasi where we will be setting up a solid strategy that includes scheduling and deliverables for the next few months. We hope to have a successful and impressive report to give by the end of this month! Thank you again for your support and belief in our project. We do not take it lightly and are really looking forward to expanding ourselves this summer with all our accumulated labor and strong collaborative relationships.

2 Likes

Thanks Adrian for compiling all this! It has been a rough winter season for our team with multiple family deaths. I’m grateful to be able to move forward despite our challenges. I’m looking forward to an impactful summer. :dizzy::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing the report. Great job!

1 Like