[Report] Creatives Constellation Trustee - William X

Yes i agree Mr. William have emotional inteligency and calm

3 Likes

Thank you @Wiswiz and @frado, I appreciate your compliments, those are encouragement for me to stand still and definitely the healing therapy for any trauma we may face in Web3.

4 Likes

We need to Keep our meditation.

3 Likes

Creatives DAO Council Report - William X [April 2023]

Dear community!

April marked significant progress for the Creatives DAO, with important updates related to its operation. During this month, the DAO finalized its Charter and registered the Legal Instrument under Guernsey Law through a collaborative effort involving the council team, The Walkers legal firm, and the NEAR Foundation legal department.

The councils of the Creatives DAO demonstrated full commitment in 3 key areas: managing the internal community and its operation, addressing legal matters, and preparing the DAO for the Community Treasury as part of the NDC. These tasks were successfully completed, showcasing the DAO’s dedication and competence.

Work covered:

• Funding review: In April, we received 21 proposals, 9 proposals were approved for funding. A dedicated report for funding can be found here: [Report] CREATIVES DAO APRIL FUNDING REPORT

• Prepared transparent sheet workspace
    • Reviewed proposals with extra research on Astro & DAO’s associated materials
  • Office Hours: We opened office hours to meet DAOs & founders to provide extra support. In April, 14 calls were booked and conducted. Meet us on our office hour via Calendly - Creatives DAO

• Weekly community call: Organized 4 weekly community calls, which provided opportunities for members to connect, discuss DAO activities, and ask questions.

• Weekly Sync with NF Sr Community Moderator: Participated in all weekly syncs with the NF contact person to discuss progress, provide updates, and address any issues. Besides weekly sync, 2 extraordinary meetings were conduct in April regarding legal processes.

• Weekly Sync with GWG & NDC Legal: In order to facilitate seamless collaboration between CDAO and the NDC, we consistently seek advice from the Governance Working Group and the legal team of the NDC. These discussions cover various aspects such as process improvements, community updates, and joint planning for the NDC Grassroots sprint initiatives.

• Creatives DAO Trustees x Enforcer: In April, 4 meetings took place involving the CDAO enforcer. These meetings focused on several key topics, including introduction, DAO’s operation, Trust Instrument review, duty review, sign on the trust deed, sync with the NF legal team & sync with The Walkers.

• Internal Meetings: We held 4-6 internal meetings weekly to discuss on three different streams of work: CDAO internal community & proposals/Legal/NDC (Lost count due to the large number of meetings (formal and informal))

Major updates in a nutshell:

Hours of contribution: 150+

What’s next?

• Monthly funding round is running as usual
  • New guidelines for DAOs regarding: KYC process & how to receive funding after the transition to Community Treasury
  • Weekly Community Calls to be conducted as usual
  • Office hours are constantly opened
  • New partnership & initiatives

That’s it! April was such a big month for Creatives DAO. Thank you all for your great support and big hug to all @creativesdao-council for your dedication & hard work.

Stay NEAR, stay Creatives!
William X

9 Likes

Creatives Constellation Council Report - William X [May 2023]

Creatives Constellation completed its transition to the NDC in May, including important operational updates.

May contribution:

• Funding review: In May, we received 11 proposals, 6 proposals were approved for funding. A dedicated report for funding can be found here: [Report] CREATIVES DAO MAY FUNDING REPORT

• Office Hours: 18 calls were booked and conducted. Meet us on our office hour via Calendly - Creatives DAO

• Weekly community call: Organized 4 weekly community calls, which provided opportunities for members to connect, discuss DAO activities, and ask questions.

• Weekly Sync with NF Sr Community Moderator: Participated in all weekly syncs with the NF contact person to discuss progress, provide updates, and address any issues.

• Internal Meetings: Participated 4-6 internal meetings weekly

• Created member journey for [Guide] Creatives Constellation Funding Guidelines. DAO members can now request funding directly from Creatives Constellation treasury by following the guidelines

• Created AirTable working space for internal funding process

• Worked with Enforcer on Creatives Constellation Community Reward Agreement

What’s next?

As Creatives Constellation moving forwards, we care about the growth beyond, where external opportunities are crucial for our in-house community. In the effort to gain more partnership and streamline the scope of work, we’ll be dividing our responsibilities from June:

• June funding round is now open from 1 to 7 June, we are looking forward to finalizing the best practice of distributing funds from our treasury for May proposals, in the meantime, new projects are welcome to submit their proposal for June funding round.

That’s it! I am delighted to work with a great team of @creativesdao-council. I am personally thrilled about the promising future of Creatives and look forward to the positive developments and achievements ahead.

William X

7 Likes

Creatives Constellation Council Report - William X [June 2023]

Creatives Constellation kicked off several important initiatives in June, including the release of Creatives Constellation Strategic Partnership Program, SMM open call & ETH Milan sponsorship + working group with community.

June contribution:

What’s next?

• SMM agency will be locked in early July
  • July funding round is now open from 1 to 7 July, we are looking forward to distributing all June approved projects next week, in the meantime, new proposals are welcome for July funding round.
  • Join us in the brainstorming process for ETH Milan activities via: Telegram: Join Group Chat

Finally, thanks to the @creativesdao-council for being a dream team. I look forward to community’s amazing ideas & projects in our NEAR future!

William X

8 Likes

Creatives Constellation Council Report - William X [July 2023]

July was a month full of movements of the Creatives Constellation, with clear presence of the community. 3 big areas to be covered in a nutshell:

• Funding scheme
  • ETH Milan preparation & travel sponsorship
  • Partnership & Collaboration at constellation level

I would like to especially thanks the DAO leaders for their interest and participation in Creatives programs, especially spreading the spirit of NEAR Creatives DAO at ETH Milan, I look forward to seeing you there soon.

July contribution:

• Funding review: In July, we received 9 proposals, 3 proposals were approved for funding, accounted for $10,811.00. A dedicated report for funding can be found here: [Report] CREATIVES DAO JULY FUNDING REPORT

• Office Hours: Partially participated in office hours. We received 12 requests while most of the calls were covered by @Paul in July. Meet us on our office hour via Calendly - Creatives DAO

• Weekly community call: 4 weekly community calls on Monday, which provided opportunities for members to connect, discuss DAO activities, and ask questions.

• Weekly Sync with NF Sr Community Moderator: We decided to move this to request based meeting since Creatives Constellation went independent.

• Internal Meetings: lost count

• Create ETH Milan Travel Sponsorship Parameter Document

• Finalizing Creatives DAO BOS Page:

https://near.org/williamxx.near/widget/creatives.dao.web

• SMM Agency locked, shout out to @Cryptonaut for leading the initiative

What’s next?

• More partnership to come
  • August funding round is now open from 1 to 7 August, we are looking forward to distributing all July approved projects this week, in the meantime, new proposals are welcome for August funding round.
  • Join us in the brainstorming process for ETH Milan activities via: Telegram: Join Group Chat

Thank you very much for being here! :blush:

William X

7 Likes

Creatives Constellation Council Report - William X [August 2023]

Dear creatives, below is my report for the month of August

August contribution:

• Funding review: In August, we received 11 proposals, 3 proposals were approved for funding after reviewing process.

• Office Hours: To focus on the IRL event preparation, we are temporarily closing the office hours, if you need any special support, please contact councils via Telegram or councils@creativesdao.social

• Weekly community call: 4 weekly community calls on Monday, which provided opportunities for members to connect, discuss DAO activities, and ask questions.

• Weekly Sync with NF Sr Community Moderator: We decided to move this to request based meeting since Creatives Constellation went independent. 1 sync was made in August

• Internal Meetings

• NDC Funding Request setup [NDC Funding Request] Creatives Constellation | August 2023

• ETH Milan Contract online-signing setup

• Finalizing DNS setting for creativesdao.social domain, redirecting to BOS page

• Creatives DAO at NEAR APAC preparation

• MOU
    • Booth preparing
    • Logistic & supporters setup

What’s next?

• If you are going to HCMC - Vietnam, meet us at NEAR APAC during the main event: 9-10 September 2023 at Thiskyhall Sala - 10 Đ. Mai Chí Thọ, Thành phố, Thủ Đức, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh. Participate in our mini tasks, mint your SBT, have fun and get some swags!
  • September funding round is now open from 1 to 9 September.

Thank you very much for reading till here! <3

William X

7 Likes

thanks for the hard work! :dart: :100: :sweat:

2 Likes

Creatives Constellation Council Report - William X [September 2023]

Dear Creatives, September has passed with many meaningful events and project. CDAO raid on the BOS at NEAR APAC and yet to come the sprint phase of the coming presense at ETH Milan. Here’s my report for September.

September contribution:

• Funding review: In September, we received 17 proposals from the community, 5 proposals were approved for funding after reviewing process, accounted for 29.4%.

Details of the report and evaluation sheet for each proposal can be seen via: [Report] CREATIVES DAO SEPTEMBER 2023 REPORT

• Weekly community call: 3/4 community calls on Monday, which provided opportunities for members to connect, discuss DAO activities, and ask questions.

• Sync with NF Community Team: We decided to move this to request based meeting since Creatives Constellation went independent. 2 syncs was made on September for grassroots support discussion. We have given insights on grassroots initiatives that applied for NF support, and wil be in touch with potential projects to offer support.

• Internal Meetings

• Creatives DAO at NEAR APAC
    - Pre-event MOU, documents, registration
    - Logistic preparation (merch/printing/standee/supporter) & transportation
    - On-site booth standing & onboarding
    - Post-event feedback
    - Book keeping & reporting

It was a great pleasure to represent Creatives DAO at NEAR APAC and get in touch with many stakeholders in the ecosystem, as long as welcome our members to Vietnam. We are proud to be one of the busiest booths at the event with more than #3000 results about #CDAO on BOS.

See some of our pictures here: Telegram: Contact @CreativeGuilds

What’s next?

• We can’t wait to have our first community IRL gathering at ETH Milan, artists from various DAOs in the ecosystem will showcase their talent in the Creatives session at the event at Palazzo delle Stelline, Milan, Italy from 5-6 October 2023. Unfortunatelly, I can’t attend the event but other councils will be there and we all looking forward to seeing you.

• The NDC election result will be announced on 4th October. While we are waiting for the shifting of funding process in the entire NDC, Creatives DAO grassroots October funding is still open to faciliate DAOs activities. Please note that the funding round for October is now open from 1 to 7 October only.

Thank you for reading and see you at ETH Milan!

William X

4 Likes

Council/Trustee Report - William X [October - November 2023]

October brought about a series of events and challenges. Despite the recent two months proving to be challenging for CDAO, marked by changes and restructuring, it is noteworthy to highlight some of the main events we have collectively achieved at Creatives DAO.

Oct-Nov contribution

• Funding review:
    • In October, we have reviewed 10 community proposals and 4 partnership. From which Creatives DAO approved 3 community proposals (30%) & 4 partnership (100%) for NDC funding request. The House of Merit approved 2 proposals associated with NEARCON event. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to to come up with a common say with HOM. Please see the detail as follow:

October Community Proposal Review Report:

October NDC Funding Request:

• In November, we received 14 proposals. From which the councils decided to revise every individual proposal that align with NDC V1 priorities. Although this takes time and effort, we believe it is the best way to ensure the quality of individual projects that meet the requirements of the V0.5 proposal call.

Current HOM poll: Astra++ (under development) by astraplusplus.ndctools.near on BOS

• Community call: Community calls were conducted on a needed-basis when there are important updates to be announced. We make sure CDAO community doesn’t miss out any important information.

• NDC V1 proposal for grassroots funding: We managed to work on our funding proposal for the NDC V1, where we stated clearer our goal & vision for the Creatives DAO, as well as our updates in funding practice to make sure captital will be distributed effectively.

• Creatives DAO NDC V1 OKRs: Complied in V1 proposal
  • Internal Meetings: Lost count. We spent extra effort on collectively communicate with HOM and the community, including weekends.

In addition to our designated tasks, we maintain an approachable stance for the community and devote our time to facilitate collective proposals. At NEARCON, Council members @Paul and @kc_sollano actively gathered valuable insights and feedback, laying the groundwork for the new chapter of Creatives DAO in NDC V1.

I invite the community to stand together in solidarity, and I extend my gratitude for your patience. While there are still numerous discussions ahead to ensure the development of high-quality proposals, I am confident that together we can overcome the difficulty that have persisted recently.

Thank you for reading!

William X

4 Likes

Council/Trustee Report - William X [December & Wrapped 2023]

December, the last month of the year, went though with many important updates regarding Creatives DAO’s next steps. I’m writing this report together with some reflection of our journey through 2023.

December contribution

• Funding review: CDAO opened its funding found for December before the “interim period” of the NDC V1, the proposal is now sent to HOM for reviewing, consulted by NDC Trustees.

• Charter revise: An updated version of Creatives DAO charter has been published with the request for NDV V1, some changes in a nutshell:

• Creatives DAO support individual proposal, as long as it follows V1 priorities, with clear KPIs & eshtablished background to ensure the success of the propsal. (Case by case decision)
    • Cancel 100% upfront funding since V1 goes live => Milestone based funding goes live (Unlock funding based on report)
    • Reduced council salary by 25%
  • Creatives DAO V1 Charter

• Creatives DAO Proposal for NDC V1: Sub Cat HOM-004P-1-1-1 Ecosystem

• Welcome 2 new advisors: We’re thrilled to welcome 2 new advisors to Creatives DAO BOM: @vandal and @MALAMAYA. They play an important role in advising CDAO in strategic moves in V1, namely effective fund management, strategic partnership, posibilities in tech solutions for community governance and expanding advisory.
    Open call: [Finished] CDAO Advisors

• Keep udating on ETH Milan: [REPORT] ETH Milan <> CDAO

• Produce Yearly Report: [Wrapped 2023] CreativesDAO Yearly Report

Personal Reflection: Top Notes on 2023 Journey

In short, some highlights of Creatives DAO key changes could be named as:

• March: Resumed funding with new metric scores & clearer funding guidelines
  • May: Introduced V0 Charter, established the Trust and transitioned funding to NDC V0
  • Sep/Oct/Nov: Partnership and coverage at NEAR APAC/ETH Milan/NEARCON. Notice of councilship change, legal work to update the trust deed. Transparency report for ETH Milan. Worked with NDC congress
  • Dec: Introduced V1 Charter, changed funding practice to milestones based, revised budget and onboarding advisors

Key messages:

• After more than two years of contributing to the NEAR ecosystem, I recognize that while we collaborate based on trust, a robust governance structure should be implemented to safeguard the treasury and uphold integrity. I’m happy to witness the introduction of the NDC trust and congresses, even many more need to be done to streamline (or at least standardise) the funding experience. Creatives DAO is not out of the concept, our funding practices have evolved continuously, evident from the improvements observed between 2022 and 2023.

• The practice of forming ad hoc groups solely to seek funding should be discouraged. Community remains the cornerstone of our endeavors, but equal emphasis should be placed on onboarding established communities and supporting existing NEAR-based communities operated over the past two years (not all of them, the reports say it all).

• It’s still early for a creative economy, but not too far off. The vision of mass crypto adoption, chain agnosticism, and the next bull run is a great opportunity for the creative community. NEAR Foundation has done a great job by securing top-notch partnerships that have led to a surge in DAU/MAU. They didn’t introduce NEAR by organizing workshops or showing the audience how to mint NFTs step by step. ‘Creative solutions’ rooted in the products themselves are key. Bringing one right solution with the right partner, without the need for “blockchain literacy”, could contribute significantly to the growth of the ecosystem. Can we do that in 2024?

Last but not least, It has been a year with downs and UPs (yes, it is). Personally, I want to express my deepest gratitude to everyone who was there with me, community members & leaders, other stakeholders of the ecosystem who worked with me on different projects and levels, who chatted with me, talked to me, met me. We created each other’s 2023 with full of experience, either good or not so good, I learned so much from you! Thank you!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Stay NEAR, Stay Creatives!

William X

6 Likes

Hi, @williamx thank you so much for your insightful message and Merry Christmas to you :star_struck:

May I please ask: What are those partnerships, and how can we find out more about the products you are referring to? :speech_balloon:

Thank you! :100:

2 Likes

Hi @ssplash_near, I refered to top dapps that bring huge DAU/MAU to NEAR. My top 2 is Kai-ching and Sweat Economy with superb user experience. Read more in https://near.org/blog/2023-near-in-review.

An interesting tweet: https://twitter.com/oddgems/status/1736720116119974191 (Just sharing, RAYOR)

1 Like

Council/Trustee Report - William X [January 2024]

Dear NEARians,

It has been a great time building in NEAR as a member of CreativesDAO. Today, I present my final report as a member of the DAO council. With this report, I conclude my service and present my request to depart from the council for my fellow @creativesdao-council. This serve as a personal report and is not an announcement regarding CDAO’s councilship.

January contributions:

• Onboarded advisors (Miro brainstorming on CDAO future/guidebook/operation)
  • Revised CDAO NDC V1 proposal
  • Created CDAO V1 pitch
  • Supported community members with new KYC process
  • Worked with TC on the latest allegation against CDAO trustees
  • DAOcision in distributing funding for projects
  • Worked with congress on the latest defamation case against Creatives DAO

During my time at NEAR, I am proud to have been one of the top 10 active contributors of the governance forum since 2021. I have took part in the DAOcision to distribute funding for 80+ projects from 25+ nations under CDAO umbrella and was the founding trustee of the Creatives DAO Trust. I have learned a lot while building with the Creatives community and the NEAR ecosystem. I wish all the best for all the DAOs and their members, as well as thank you very much for standing by the councils and continuing to build on NEAR.

I am writing to formally request to depart from the DAO council. I have made this difficult decision to prioritize my mental health and well-being during this time. I am confident that the council will continue to thrive in my absence.

Happy Lunar New Year, Creatives!

Stay NEAR, Stay Creatives!
William X

12 Likes

@williamx this is very sad to hear that you wont be one of the prestigious creatives council group we have… You have been a wonderful person serving the creatives and the Near Protocol but we can’t stop you from moving forward as we believe your departure is for the best… Good luck in your future endeavours William… We ganna miss you… Love you brother

3 Likes

You have contributed greatly to the Ecosystem… Farewell Bro

2 Likes

All the best, my friend xx

3 Likes

You impact as a leader has been a great one…But there is time for every thing in life, i wish you all the best. And do take your time to take care of your health. Love n Peace​:heart::v:

3 Likes

Hello Mr. Willian, thanks for everything and good luck in your journey!

1 Like