[Report] Creatives Constellation Trustee - William X

Creatives DAO Moderator - William X [SEPTEMBER]

Dear Creatives,

This has been a fulfilled month with so many things happened around. The highlight of this month’s activities was NearCON with important conversations & meetups, followed up by attending some side activities. Note that at the time I’m writing this report, there’s an incident happening in this thread: [complain] report on the fake wallets scheme that may affect the tone by personal harassments towards myself & some of the moderators.

Report:

• Internal meetings with reviewing proposals:
  • Internal meetings for report & proposition documents towards possible changes in Creatives

• NEARCON (10-15/9/2022), where:

• I met and talked with both previous & current Creatives moderators to understand more insights of Creatives DAO & discuss on action plan accordingly
    • Attended important talks about DAOs, governance & creators in the next year of NEARs
    • Networked with regional hubs & NEAR representatives from different regions. Especially Asia where I base & more available to help or contribute in person.
    • Attended meeting with contact point from NF regarding Creatives DAO, NF’s goals & changes needed to implement.
  • Follow up meeting with Creatives mods to work on proposals for Creatives guidelines.

• Collect metrics of DAOs on Astro for report

• Work on draft matrix to evaluate proposals

• Follow up meeting with NF contact person after NearCON

Final thoughts:

Since became a moderator in June, I have been focusing on changing the assumption that Creatives says yes to every proposal. That’s the reason why I took the reviewing work seriously and usually appear on forum with follow up questions. This can make some of the community members think that I’m holding power to close a proposal, but do note that every decision from moderator side is a collective decision (with voting), and the closure of a proposal doesn’t mean that it’s councils’ decision as well. Which mean, Creatives councils’ (DAOs councils) vote is the final voice, not moderator’s. However the system is far from perfect and we need more defined T&Cs so that no-one get criticized & personal attacked for a decision. (System focus, not personal focus).

We are improving, I believe that changes are needed to accommodate a big growing community (so does the number of proposals & problem to be solved), and glad we’re doing it. Again, I’m grateful to be a part of this community and learn new thing in every phases of its evolution.

William X

8 Likes

Thanks for supporting and good job!

5 Likes

Maybe there can be a moderators’ account in order to make the decisions, maybe a collective moderators’ account, @williamx.

2 Likes

That’s also a good call. By the way, glad that we are discussing on some nice approach here and here. If we come up with a defined matrix of questions or criteria, I think the reviewing work can be done in a fair and transparent way (even with the participation of more people) without needing a common account.

4 Likes

That is a good idea. Thank you! I will read it and give my suggestions.
:slight_smile: :pray:

3 Likes

Creatives DAO Moderator - William X [OCT - NOV]

Xin chào Creatives!

Over the past 2 months, Creatives DAO has gone through the restructuring process, where community funding has been temporarily postponed & many topics were raised to collect community feedbacks & contributions. With those actions, we have been working with the contact person of NF to come up with the final proposal of Creatives, where we hope to smoothening the reviewing process & creating a more healthy funding vertical in the ecosystem.

Report:

Work covered:

Hours of contribution: 200+

What’s next?

Mods team will be working for:

• On-chain voting structure
  • Accessible evaluation process, working table to be shared to the community
  • Dedicated place to present info & stories

With NF, we will:

• Confirm the funding to Creatives: Scheme of funding/Allocation/Evaluation
  • Facilitate new collaboration (under discussion)

For DAOs under Creatives, I personally understand how hard it is to maintaining activities during this time. I also hope our reports can keep you in the loop together with our discussion on TG. Thank you very much for your understanding and your engagement so far. Stay NEAR, stay Creatives!

William X

8 Likes

Creatives DAO Moderator - William X [DEC '22 - JAN '23]

Xin chào Creatives!

This period marks the conclusion of 2022 and shape new plans for Creatives in 2023. Hope you all enjoyed the holidays and are ready to start a year full of energy. In the past two month, the communication has been actively conducted with both NF and Creatives community, which has led to positive outcomes & prepare Creatives to be ready for operating as a NEAR’s grassroot DAO. I personally feel grateful for every DAO members support & engagement.

Report:

Work covered:

• Internal meetings (2-4 weekly) for updating proposals, meeting new Sr Community Mod, bounty for web designer (open call by @Paul), discussing on web building & community’s concerns.

• Making Creatives DAO Introduction video. Collect materials, contact relevant authors & call for community consent. According to positive feedbacks received until Jan 25, the video will be featured on our website.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1nXTovoM2UnzBgJSQlvt6J5ozB5_vfMHK

• Revise evaluation metrics (with NF)

• Creatives DAO Framework V1.0 (on progress)

• Contact for DAO domain (done) & LLC (on progress). Thanks to @FritzWorm’s effort, Creatives DAO was legal wrapped, this is necessary to move forward with NF’s legal team for next steps.

Hours of contribution: 200+

What’s next?

• Present the alpha version of Creatives DAO website
  • More articles & communication
  • Creatives DAO official account to live on NEAR Social
  • Updates on funding with NF

Most importantly, we stand by the community. Lots of things has happened over the past months regarding community & personal concerns. Besides being thankful for your alignment, I hope we stay strong & continue building regardless of unwanted defame & attacks. Thanks everyone for reading, hope you all have a great 2023 ahead!

Connect with me on NEAR Social

Stay NEAR, stay Creatives!
William X

11 Likes

Nice report, we understand how some certain people here who doesn’t understand us tried give problem to Creatives DAO, to tarnish our image with lies, negativity, hatred (to say) & false informations about our activities. Well, all those things made us by far stronger than them. But pls as you are working, we need to get back to work too, my question is when is it happening it’s getting late :sweat:

2 Likes

Hi Will,

Wondering why the new proposal for remuneration is as a comment on a 6+ month post, labelled REPORT.

The standard should be for each new proposal to have a separate gov forum post, clearly labelled [PROPOSAL]. This both helps to track things over time and for appropriate community input.

Hello, @williamx

I have a few concerns. But I choose to ask instead that you please clarify what you meant here:

2 Likes

Hey, @AugustKinge! I am not William, but I hope I can shed some light. It means Senior Moderator, and we’ve been to a meeting to meet the new person assigned to this role.

3 Likes

Thanks for your response, @kc_sollano.

I didn’t know there was such a role.

For better clarification, could you tell me if it the role is for Creatives DAO particularly or for the Forum (i.e. the entire Near Community)?

Cheers.

Thanks K & @AugustKinge for the follow up. He’ll be in charge of the community in general. FYI: DamnThatsCrazy New Sr Community Mod Intro Post

5 Likes

Hey! I do love to be helpful my friend! Big hug.

4 Likes

Creatives DAO Council Report - William X [February 2023]

Chao Creatives!

It’s another month with amazing initiatives happened around the ecosystem, and Creatives movement is one of them. February was a productive month for the Creative DAO, with several new initiatives being launched. As a moderator, I stepped down from the council position of NxM and VAD to fully focus on Creatives DAO activities.

Report:

Work covered:

• Meetings (3-5 weekly, both internal & external) for discussion regarding: grant proposal, guidelines, website, legal wrapper & trust instrument, Creatives Support WG & POAP experiment. Weekly update with Senior Community Mod @DammnThatsCrazy

• Finalize Creatives DAO proposal with NF, introduce new [Guide] CreativesDAO Guidelines and Procedures

• Discuss the guidelines both on call & record Loom video for reuse purpose.

• Complete Creatives DAO website, a separate report for this will be collectively published.

• Resume weekly community calls on Monday 4PM UTC (with amazing participation of the community). Experiment with satori.art to distribute POAP token. Shout out to @kc_sollano for amazing POAP designs.

• Work on Creatives DAO Support Working Group draft

• Work with NF CM on the Closing of Sub-Categories on the Creatives DAO Forum

• Other communication tasks on TG, email (external) & forum

Hours of contribution: 150+

What’s next?

We are working hard to prepare Creatives DAO for the transition of community treasury once it goes live on NDC, this includes requirements on legal status & framework of the DAO. The outcome of these on-going tasks will be reported to the community when they are shaped. The mods are receiving very active support from Foundation regarding this.

DAO internal activities:

• Creatives DAO will start receiving new proposals from March 1

• CTA to shape Creatives DAO Support Working Group

• Community calls happen weekly on Monday 4PM UTC (confirmed via community poll)

• CTA to shape an active community on Near Social (Have you had an account there? be on Near Social to engage with our amazing community). Connect with me on NEAR Social :wink:

Overall, February was a successful month for the Creative DAO, and I am proud of the work that we accomplished as a community. March will be a busy month with major changes on the ecosystem (and it’s true with Creatives DAO as well). I’m excited to see us go live next month!

William X

11 Likes

Creatives DAO Council Report - William X [March 2023]

Xin chào!

CreativesDAO had a busy March 2023. The DAO resumed its funding scheme and prepared for the transition to the Community Treasury. In addition, moderators organized weekly community calls and held office hours to provide extra support to DAOs. We also worked with the legal team to develop the Trust Instrument and reviewed CDAO charter with the GWG.

Moderators were fully committed to working in three different work schemes: CDAO internal community & proposals/Legal/Getting the DAO ready for the Community Treasury as part of the NDC.

Work covered:

• Resuming funding scheme: CreativesDAO resumed its funding scheme in March, and the DAO received 35 proposals. All proposals were carefully reviewed with 9 approved proposals.

• Opened & hosted Office Hours: We opened office hours to meet DAOs & founders to provide extra support. In March, 18 calls were booked, of which 15 were conducted. CDAO mods office calendar is always up, if you’re interested, please connect via Calendly - Creatives DAO

• Hosted & assisted weekly community call: Organized 4 weekly community calls, which provided opportunities for members to connect, discuss DAO activities, and ask questions.

• Weekly Sync with NF Sr Community Moderator: Participated in all weekly syncs with the NF contact person to discuss progress, provide updates, and address any issues. (1/4 calls were cancelled due to schedule conflict)

• Legal Document: Worked with The Walkers law firm to develop the Trust Instrument. This is expected to be done in 1-2 weeks ahead to prepare the CDAO for community treasury.

• Took charge of email communication & schedule meetings
    • Reviewed drafts
    • Attended discussion calls
  • CreativesDAO Charter: Worked with the GWG to finalize CDAO charter. A weekly sync with the GWG was set up for further updates beyond the charter, starting from March 23, 2023. Extra calls were also set up in March to better prepare the DAO with required documents.

• Participated in writing the first draft of the charter since Jan 2023
    • Reviewed and updated the charter
    • Attended all syncs with GWG (3 meetings in March)
  • Internal Meetings: The mods held 4-6 internal meetings weekly, syncing nearly every day with three different streams of work: CDAO internal community & proposals/Legal/NDC

Hours of contribution: 150+

What’s next?

• April funding round is about to open from 1-7 of April, 2023
  • Call for community consent in the CDAO charter once done (we’re working with GWG to come up with a public version)
  • Public the Trust Instrument once done
  • New guidelines for DAOs regarding: KYC process & how to receive funding after the transition to Community Treasury
  • Weekly Community Calls to be conducted as usual
  • Office hours are constantly opened

Overall, I appreciate the hard work of all other members in @creativesdao-council team, March was a busy month and we expect to have April go with lots of updates to the community. Especially, I want to say big thanks for Creatives community who are actively engage with us to build up the DAO. There will be a lot to digest as we keep moving forward, we’ll do our best to make sure you’re kept in the loop, please attend our weekly sync.

William X

12 Likes

your work is amazing Will, what I can see you are very patient under pressure and very reasonable to explain in detail to the community, kudos :pray:

6 Likes

Yes i agree Mr. William have emotional inteligency and calm

3 Likes

Thank you @Wiswiz and @frado, I appreciate your compliments, those are encouragement for me to stand still and definitely the healing therapy for any trauma we may face in Web3.

4 Likes

We need to Keep our meditation.

3 Likes