[REPORT] Creatives Constellation Trustee - Paul

Hi, Creatives!

I joined CreativesDAO at the beginning of June. It was a fruitful month for me, as I managed to learn a lot from others @creativesdao-council in terms of DAO and decentralization essence.
It was also a fruitful month for the CreativesDAO ecosystem itself, as we have focused on further steps to upgrade our community, the results will be presented to you soon!

June’s Report:

• Creation of the internal documents related to further CreativesDAO guidelines/growth,
  • Bad actor disclosure in CreativesDAO ecosystem,
  • Participation in the review process of a few DAOs,
  • Active participation in the internal CreativesDAO Moderators’ calls (3 per week), Marketing DAO & CreativesDAO call, and active participation in the internal chat,
  • Further contribution to [Approved] Moderators DAO Introduction and Proposal and [Creatives DAO] - Decentralization review & Meeting with other partners from Creatives’ Moderators.

Amazing and busy month, with a lot of discussions, gained experience, and document creation.
I’m looking forward to contributing even more!

With Regards!
Paul

This report will be used to request a reward of 250N for CreativesDAO Moderation work.

17 Likes

Hi, Creatives!

July for me was the most challenging month, with a lot of new case studies and discussions. Thanks to @creativesdao-council for an amazing approach and teamwork!
I’m looking forward to more!

July’s Report:

With Regards!
Paul

This report will be used to request a reward of 250N for the CreativesDAO Moderation role.

Stats (Additional attachment)

Detailed Creatives DAO stats made by @adrianseneca:

14 Likes

August was a fruitful month. Thanks to our hard work and dedication, we have managed to audit 66 funding proposals. Detailed stats are available in Creatives DAO August 2022 Report.
As such a large amount of proposals require an appropriative approach, I’ve noticed this month much better and faster workflow management with the decision-making process, since we moved to Trello. Moreover, I’m available every day on Telegram, doing my best in supporting other members.

Special thanks to @creativesdao-council for brilliant duty and to all community members in CreativesDAO, who are creating fresh projects affiliated with the culture, art, and music!

With love,
Paul

This report will be used to request a reward of 250N for the CreativesDAO Moderation role.

10 Likes

The month of September in terms of the review process was challenging for everyone due to the fact that 4 out of 5 mods were at the NEARcon, and I was traveling and had limited access to the internet.
Nevertheless, we managed to review 78 proposals, where:
a) 60 were approved ($240 640),
b) 18 were closed ($54 367).

September’s Report

• One inactive DAO since May, has been removed from the council group. Additional doc/stats are linked to the proposal,
  • Internal preparation of an overview/proposition document about possible changes, upgrades within CreativesDAO proposal evaluation process,
  • Trello coordination,
  • Active voting and evaluation of the proposals,
  • Internal catch up calls.

Looking forward to a call between all Community Mods on duty, and NF representatives on upcoming Tuesday.

With Love,
Paul

10 Likes

Creatives are in the stage of serious restructuring, as during the previous 8 weeks, the moderators’ team received huge feedback from the community, and contributors from other valued projects on NEAR, which allowed us to establish: a new and transparent evaluation process for the DAOs applying for funding, reporting & proposal format, team structure, funding scheme, and rules in practice.
Currently, we are working on the on-chain voting structure (which will be implemented on the new Creatives’ AstroDAO), a website, and an upcoming partnership (TBA).
Bear with us!

Contribution

Hours contributed to the tasks presented above: +200

This report will be used to request a remuneration of $4000 for the two months of the CreativesDAO Moderation role.

10 Likes

Hello,

I would like to wish a happy new year to all readers. May this year bring you love, health, and prosperity!

We are making every effort to restructure and secure funding in a timely manner. Recent developments, including improved communication with NF<>Creatives, have led to progress in this area. The CreativesDAO and NEAR Foundation have decided not to collaborate with the 171 Studio team at this current time, however, we are making progress in other areas. We are set to launch a website in February and are currently awaiting the final version from the web developer. Additionally, our restructuring proposal has received positive feedback from the NF. I and the team are confident that we will be able to secure funding for worthwhile projects in the upcoming weeks.

Contribution

Hours contributed to the tasks presented above: +200

This report will be used to request a remuneration of $4000 for the two months of the CreativesDAO Moderation role.

11 Likes

I doubt if a 5-day-old account was created to raise an unhealthy conversation like this. Please understand that the pause of funding was not under the decision of mod team, and the aim is to restructure the funding process to be more align with NF’s core values. There are works that need to be done to move things forward, and they need to be agreed by relevant stakeholders as well.

If you’re a DAO member, you should know what have been done or at least go through our report so that you understand more where we are & what to expect in the upcoming weeks.

Never deny someone else’s efforts. I could have ignored this since the report is made for other members of the community as well, but I want you to understand that taking a clone account to blame people doesn’t help our progress at all.

Peace!
William X

7 Likes

Reminder on community guidelines for comments made on this post:

Please do not:

• Make personal attacks on other community members;
  • Use defamatory remarks or make false statements against others;

Please remember to:

• Avoid making assumptions
  • Refrain from criticising the individual rather than the substance of the topic at hand
  • Provide recommendations for ways to improve

All posts/ comments that violate the community rules will be handled accordingly.

Let’s try our best to keep the discussion healthy and all constructive feedback/ suggestions are encouraged. All works need a collective effort, we all learn and grow together.

Thank you for your cooperation.

11 Likes

Hi Paul,

Wondering why the new proposal for remuneration is as a comment on a 6+ month post, labelled REPORT.

The standard should be for each new proposal to have a separate gov forum post, clearly labelled [PROPOSAL]. This both helps to track things over time and for appropriate community input.

4 Likes

Hey AVB

IMO, it’s better to have all the reports related to the particular role in one place.

Are other grassroots DAOs following these? Unfourtently, I don’t recall any single proposal and single report by the current mods/contributors/council, only one collective report on a monthly basis. Taking this into the consideration, I agree that Creatives should provide an additional collective report, but we should not skip the single ones like I’m presenting here.

Regarding the case of “active” and “brand new community members” spreading false information - I find it strange, that the URLs in my report haven’t been even opened but yet I’m receiving the hate comments. I wonder why every grassroots initiative receives so much venomous hate on various topics on the forum and why we keep receiving false accusations by one-time accounts, without a try to gain a deeper understanding of a topic in the first place.
Hope my comment finds real community members and contributors.

Have a nice Sunday!

4 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

The main issue seems to be around visibility.

Creating a new post (whether collective or individual) and labelling it [PROPOSAL] with dates that clearly indicate it is a new payment would make it show up on people’s radar, and the title let’s them know it needs their attention.

I am not implying bad faith, but it is certainly open to interpretation why a proposal for payment would be buried under a 6+ month old REPORT. Nothing from the title would make people look into it as they may assume it is old information and/or does not contain new items to be paid out.

I agree that the forum has had issues for a while with anon accounts that may not have the best intentions. I’ve been consistently attacked myself. Hence why I think it is important to always differentiate between legitimate grievances (perhaps the way information is posted causes confusion, etc.) and ill intentioned posts that focus on personal attacks, etc.

4 Likes

Makes sense, thanks for checking and your feedback.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 12 hours.

February 2023 Report

Creatives have come a long way since the latest funding break. We had to restructure the entire DAO, and thanks to the built relationship between Creatives and NF, we managed to achieve it. From the 1st of March, the team and I will be reviewing the proposals submitted to CreativesDAO, based on the guidelines, with a focus on funding quality projects. To avoid conflict of interests, I’ve stepped down from all DAOs in the creatives ecosystem. The old CreativesDAO on Astro is going to be closed and the remaining funds will be transferred to the new address, once this proposal will be approved. Moreover, in the next months, we will be focusing on building the processes within the Creatives Working Group in order to provide bigger and better support within the Creatives’ community, also in the upcoming days, we’re going to finalize establishing the trust with NF and the legal firm. This report will be used to request a remuneration of $2000 for the one month of the CreativesDAO Moderation role.
The collective report of the whole CreativesDAO will be available within a few days!

TLDR of my February contribution:

• One meeting with NF and legal firm + second scheduled for the 27th of Feb,
  • Written article on the CreativesDAO website, summarizing the month of February,
  • Revamp the news section in creativesdao.org,
  • Creatives Working Group proposal drafting with the team regarding its structure,
  • Final payout to the web dev for creatives’ website creation,
  • CreativesDAO Guidelines have been introduced to the community,
  • Regular follow-up meetings with @DammnThatsCrazy
  • Internal follow-up calls with the team on the weekly basis (2-4),
  • Weekly community calls on TG,
  • Constant activity in Creatives streams.

Hours contributed: +150

13 Likes

Thank you for the work you and the team have been doing! I know this process has been in the works for some time but I’m glad to be working with you and hopefully we’ll see our hard work pay off soon. :grinning:

7 Likes

March 2023 Report

During the month of March, the CreativesDAO team was highly productive and achieved several notable milestones. Specifically, we successfully evaluated 35 proposals, held 4 community calls, and provided assistance to our valued community members through CreativesDAO Open Hours. Additionally, we made significant progress with legal matters related to the CreativesDAO Charter, which will soon be shared with the community.

As a team, we take our responsibilities seriously and are committed to delivering high-quality results. We look forward to providing more updates in the near future. A more detailed report of my contributions is available below, and this report will be used to request a remuneration of $2000 for the month of March.

March contribution:

• [Report] CREATIVES DAO MARCH FUNDING REPORT:
  • Cooperation with the Governance Working Group (GWG):
    • Attended three meetings in March
    • Finalized the CreativesDAO Charter (soon to be available for the community) to lock the future funding for Creatives from NDC
  • Cooperation with The Walkers:
    • Attended two meetings in March
    • Set up a Special Purpose Trust agreement, aligned with the CreativesDAO Charter, to lock the future funding for Creatives from NDC
  • CreativesDAO Office Hours:
    • Reserved time slots to help as many DAOs/projects as possible; attended twelve out of fifteen meetings in March
    • Book a call with the CreativesDAO if you have questions related to our guidelines or any other queries - Calendly - Creatives DAO
  • Weekly community calls on TG
  • Bi-weekly follow-up calls with Osaze (@DammnThatsCrazy)
  • Internal meetings (Lost count this month)
  • Ongoing research regarding possible ways of transitioning into dapp, involving the Creatives Working Group with a more decentralized voting structure + additional benefits for the community
  • Constant activity in the Creatives streams

Hours contributed in March: 160

11 Likes

Great work, great dedication to building the NEAR community, stay Creatives, keep it up Bro :fist_right::fist_left:

5 Likes

April 2023 Report

In April, the Creatives DAO received a total of 21 proposals. Following a thorough evaluation process aligned with NEAR’s strategic goals and the established guidelines and procedures of the Creatives DAO, 9 proposals were approved for funding. This selection reflects our commitment to supporting projects that demonstrate strong potential and align with our vision.

We dedicated our efforts to finalizing the CreativesDAO Charter based on valuable feedback from the community, ensuring its alignment with our goals and values. Simultaneously, we were actively working on finalizing The CreativesDAO Trust instrument in collaboration with The Walkers and Enforcer.

Additionally, the CreativesDAO submitted a formal complaint supported by compelling evidence, addressing incidents of misbehavior towards others. We specifically highlighted a bullying attitude displayed by the representative of the Marketing DAO.

April Contributions:

• CREATIVES DAO APRIL FUNDING REPORT:
  • Finalized the Charter with the community’s input
  • Conducted weekly community calls on Telegram
  • Held weekly sync calls with NF
  • Engaged in weekly sync calls with GWG
  • Participated in two meetings with the NF Legal Team
  • Conducted daily internal meetings
  • Prepared a presentation for the NF Town Hall about CreativesDAO, which can be viewed here
  • Collaborated in four calls between Enforcer and Trustees to prepare the final Trust Instrument for CreativesDAO, to be sent to The Walkers
  • Conducted CreativesDAO Office Hours, including fourteen meetings in April. Book a call with the CreativesDAO using Calendly if you have any questions or inquiries related to our guidelines
  • Finalized a partnership with FREE ARTISTS
  • Engaged in ongoing and extensive research regarding creative communities and projects interested in building on NEAR
  • Maintained constant activity in the Creatives streams

Hours contributed in April: 150+

We are pleased to mention that Creatives DAO was featured in Messari’s Report on the State of NEAR Q1 2023. You can read the report here.

It is an honor to serve and be a part of the decentralization movement and history. Special thanks to all good souls in the eco, especially to the dream team of @creativesdao-council!

Stay Creatives,
Paweł

12 Likes

May Contributions:

Hours contributed in May: 160+

May Updates

In our role, we are entrusted with a variety of responsibilities and tasks that can be quite demanding. It is not feasible to enumerate every single activity, so I have opted to emphasize the most significant ones that I fulfilled in May.

As always, it is an honor to serve and be a part of the community.
Special thanks to all the good souls and @creativesdao-council!

Stay Creative,
Paweł

7 Likes