ReFi on NEAR

hi, yes.

we are submitting this proposal right now ser, and we had a chat with Laurence about it : )

:seedling: ReFi, DeSci & ReSci on NEAR - NEAR Forum

5 Likes

Hi @David_NEAR we just submitted ReFi on NEAR, including a presentation and call to action.

Thank you very much.

5 Likes

Hello @osc.near , happy to see this initiative, I’m working on a ReFi project in Mexico (Perennis Network) and will be great if we can made some collaboration; I’ll send you a PM to talk about it! :smiley:

5 Likes

hi @Do0k13

Thanks very cool, absolutely let’s do a call. That’s the idea to start onboarding new ReFi projects into NEAR Protocol.

I’m sending you an DM with the calendly link to hop on a call

:earth_americas: :white_check_mark:

5 Likes

@David_NEAR yes we did we submitted, as I am part of ReFiDAO for Mexico and Portugal, and helping growing the ReFi Community globally. Actually we got accepted on the ReFiDAO Founders Circle Cohort 2, on the GT16, we submitted the Bancambios Carbon & Plastic Credit Marketplace and we got accepted. It is the only project building on NEAR Protocol from the 80 Founders/Projects. However we still have not found any support to make our MVP and delivery during this Cohort 2.

We are documenting the process here:

:seedling: ReFi, DeSci & ReSci on NEAR - NEAR Forum

Let us know your thoughts : ) thanks.

We will keep trying to build and grow not only ReFi projects on NEAR but also a ReFi on NEAR Ecosystem.

4 Likes

Don’t really know if @David_NEAR is on duty.
Wish I could help, but the CEO of NF marieke is hosting an AMA and this might be a good means to introduce your project to the NF.
Since there’s no funding nodes for REFI project, hoping to see the new funding nodes for #Refi
You can join the meeting here, hope to see you there AMA with NF

4 Likes

hey! @Psalmy, thanks for the comment.

Indeed DAOvid may not be on duty.

Yes, I set reminder on the AMA with NF, and will mention ReFi initiative.

Thank you.

2 Likes

What was the result of the grant application?

4 Likes

Yes they replied, and we are on talks… It seems they are doing they own ReFi agenda as well.

A dedicated ReFi Team is needed my proposal is soilid and I’m connected to 400 ReFi people, teams and projects. And every time more active in that space.

Thanks/

3 Likes

quick update @David_NEAR

So NF came back to reject our proposal of building and growing #ReFi on NEAR. With the reply that the grant was > the amount asked is too high for the expected benefit + it was just an idea and not a formulation of a product & they critize us that we want to do too many projects on NEAR (DeFi, ReFi (credits) and now this). So we will keep working on our own project and we will not do this proposal > :seedling: ReFi, DeSci & ReSci on NEAR - NEAR Forum

Which it is okay, as we are going to build our own #ReFi Ecosystem. We spoke with David G from NF, and it seems NF is having a #ReFi project on their own, they asked lots of question and request to send us this send us that, but they don’t shared or gave us details of their plans of ReFi on NEAR. Which we spent time doing this proposal and we are part of the Ecosystem, we feel excluded. Specially we felt more like a source of research than teamwork collaborative way. Of course they can tell we have lots of information they don’t have and they are researching. But instead of working together and aggregate and the info to one cause (#ReFi on NEAR) they try to ask and get all the info we have, without including us on their plans. Again this is just the perception we got.

As well we did a call with Balkans and same story, they asked LOTS or questions regarding our proposal, more in an investigative way than a let’s-work-together way. Asking to give them all info we have to build ReFi on NEAR. But without including us on the agenda or plans. Which it is okay. We will focus on our project and we do not need to be the ones in charge of #ReFi for NEAR, we were pointing a new division we have been working for long time and NEAR is lacking traction on it, we will grow #ReFi for our own project.

So much time and effort invested on this. Now we turn the page and focus on our projects only.

Thanks for the interest and support.

4 Likes

Following up on this thread

We submitted the proposal to build ReFi Starter - Launchpad on NEAR Protocol

In our constant effort to build dApps of global user on top of NP.

After the discouraging and non-constructive answer from David Garcia, we keep thriving.

With or without the support of NF, we will build ReFi Starter with ReFiDAO and other ReFi community we have been communicating for several months. If NF and NP support we make it exclusive on NP.

ReFi starter is already onboarding projects related to ReFi, DeSci, ReSci, DeSoc, ReSoc, and environmental initiative in the need of fundraising. As it is urgent to tackle the daily-growing pollution and all other urgent problems the Planet is suffering.

refistarter_org
refistarter.near

We have a team of scientists and tech team ready to crunch the Launchpad and start onboarding projects.

3 Likes

Quick follow up on this

We start managing the ReFi DAO Mexico City chapter, you guys would not believe the quality of the 10 projects we have in hand. As well we have access to about 50 more projects around LatAm. It turned that LatAm is not like USA where toxic capitalism rules and many people got affected.

LatAm has more consciousness in their blood and we all want to bring true real impact through Web3.

As ReFi Mexico is chain agnostic, we can onboard and empower Teams deciding to build their project on NEAR Protocol.

Other L1’s are taking advantage and forming incubators, accelerators and grant programs specially to ReFi Teams.

Kind of Sad to see NEAR with only OPF which runs a private and not very inclusive agenda, RAIZ is cool but in comparison with other L1’s on Beta gathering already like really good projects like really really good projects, NP has BOS, a chain in alpha and a vibrant community.

Please let make it happen.

Give us a follow > https://twitter.com/refimexicocity/

4 Likes

@Alpar_NEAR has silenced the ReFiMExico account on NEAR Gov

ReFi Mexico is unable to post on gov near because @Alpar_NEAR flagged the account, what is the explanation in this? and who is this anon?

Hey @osc.near ,

For the record, it wasn’t me who silenced their account - in fact, I’ve already lifted the system issued temporary silence once.

Prior to this event, I advised @ReFiMexico not to post under 4-5 months old forum threads, especially when replying to other users old comments, but create new threads to post under.

Newly created accounts posting under old, dormant threads is classified as suspicious, bot-like behavior, and the automatic moderating system takes action accordingly.
Those settings exist for the benefit of the whole community using the Forum.

I want to stress, if the @ReFiMexico account wants to avoid period system issued penalties, all they have to do is to make a new post every once in a while.

P.S:
Once again, they have been unsilenced.

2 Likes

Circling back on this…any update?

this is censorship enforcement. Let us be. Let the internet be FREE.

This totally goes against the nature of the internet, and 10x the nature of Web3.

We are just trying to drow ReFi Mexico on NEAR PRotocol. But you turned us down. Hope you are happy now.

No updates on this. We trying to post and engage with @ReFiMexico account but they enforce censorship and silent our efforts.

However, The TEAM from @ReFiMexico continue crushing it day after day, growing the community, continuing onboarding organic farmers, carbon projects, and lots of community and environmental initiatives, and engaging with Blockchain supporting the development of Public Goods.

I already provided evidence that refutes this claim in my post above. I also explained why it happened, and presented an easy solution to ensure it won’t happen again: simply by starting a new thread to share an update.

I don’t think that this would be a huge ask on a forum.

We trying to post and engage with @ReFiMexico

I feel it might be worth pointing out something that would be evident to anyone who takes a glance at the public profile of @ReFiMexico - the account hasn’t logged in since October of last year.

I’m not sure I understand why do you feel the need to make claims that our untrue and easily fact-checked.

The ReFi Mexico team would always be welcome to post updates of their activities and progress. I’m sure many in the community would be interested to learn more about your initiatives! :muscle:

1 Like

Dude, please I am NOT getting paid to engage and argue with you at all. Probably you do, but I’m not. Respect the time of the people working for the community and investing their own life-time on this chat. I am not here to argue with you. No further communication is welcome regarding this topic Please stop it.

It is too late to post initiatives here, at least speaking from myself, there are other 2 members at ReFi Mexico, they maybe engage on this. I am done here.

1 Like

Posting this screenshots from the 29 groups I have ben banned to work for ReFi on NEAR. Even if I was the first person proposing ReFi on NEAR through this post. I even added people from ReFiDAO to the chats and helped to fill out the groups, after that I was banned.

I also trusted the members of @nearefi with the login access of the Twitter account I created on August 2022. Which they changed the password and logged me out.

All the work and involvement was taken was not only not recognized but ripped appart from my side.

After we discusss at NEARCON3 about this, I still banned and unable to add value to ReFi on NEAR. Which again rely on this initial post to verified I was the first person proposed to do Quadratic Funding of Public Good on NEAR. But still I am banned and unable to add value to ReFi on NEAR.

Now it is too late, as I am not able to contribute anymore. I leave this for the record.

How can this happened?

@David_NEAR @Cameron @plugrel @blaze @MarcusNEAR

1 Like