October is an especial month for hackers and developers, is when the Hackoberfest happens. A month duration event, with a lot of workshops, talks, and meetups. In Brazil, it won’t be different! For the Brazil Edition 2021, it will be online, with events almost every day of October.
And we, the Portuguese Guild, want to contribute to the Hacktoberfest Brazil creating a NEAR Week for diving into the NEAR universe. A holly week that will start teaching the basics of blockchain and NEAR (NEAR Whitepaper Meetup), them a quick dive into how to develop a smart contract (Hello World NEAR Workshop) and, to concretize the knowledge, a three day hands-on (NEAR Hands-on) that the participants will write, test and deploy their own smart contract.
- Educate the participants on blockchain technology, cryptocurrency, and NEAR Protocol
- Onboard developers to the NEAR ecosystem
- Bring more members to the Portuguese NEAR Guild
- Stimulate adoption of the NEAR blockchain by developers in Brazil
Monday - Papers We Love is a monthly meetup to discuss a paper, related to technology, and we want to do a NEAR edition during October, presenting the NEAR whitepaper, teaching how NEAR works and what are its possibilities. This meetup has a duration of 2~3 hours.
- Three members of the Portuguese Guild will organize: Murilo, Vitor, and Helder
- Estimation of ~100 participants
- 1N for each participant (max of 50 participants)
- Theoretical event
- Blockchain basic concepts
- Smart contract basic concepts
- What is NEAR and how it works
- PoW vs PoS
- NEAR economy
- NEAR technology
- NEAR governance
Tuesday - This will be a workshop with 2~3 hours of duration to teach about how we can do our first and simple smart contract, tests, front-end, and deployment. The idea of this event is to give a foundation and motivation for the next huge event.
- A member of the Portuguese Guild will organize: Igor
- Estimation of ~100 participants
- 2N for each participant (max of 50 participants)
- Theoretical + practical event
- Smart contract deep concepts
- How to write a simple smart contract
- How to create tests for the smart contract
- How to deploy the smart contract
- A simple UI for playing with the smart contract created
Wednesday to Friday - An intensive 3-days event for each participant to develop a smart contract and do a demo presenting it. It will be based on the firsts NEAR Certified Developer, with synchronous meetings helping participants and the Discord to asynchronous conversations.
- Three members of the Portuguese Guild will organize: Murilo, Vitor, and Igor
- Estimation of ~50 participants
- 15N for each participant that completes the event, including the Demo Day. (max of 20 participants)
- We will do the entire NEAR Certified Developer translation and adaptation to Portuguese for this hands-on.
- Practical event
- Blockchain deep understanding
- Smart contract deep understanding
- Write your own smart contract
- Create tests for your smart contract
- Deploy your smart contract
- Present your smart contract to the participants
Disclaimer: we don’t have the dates scheduled yet, but will be in October, probably in the last two weeks.
An essential part of the events is how we do the marketing of it. And for that Jheney will help to create the social media arts while Igor will do all the necessary publications (Instagram, Twitter, Telegram…).
- 6 arts (2 for each event)
- Publications on guild + Hacktoberfest social media. Boost in the publications if necessary.
The Portuguese NEAR Guild will do the entire organization of the NEAR Pathway to bring the best experience to the participants.
|Marketing (arts + publications)||$350 for arts and $150 for publications||$500|
|Organization||$250 for each organizer of each event||$1750|
|NEAR Whitepaper Meetup||$5 for each participant (max: 50)||$250|
|Hello World NEAR Workshop||$10 for each participant (max: 50)||$500|
|NEAR Hands-on||$75 for each successful participant (max: 20)||$1500|
|Translation - NEAR Certified Developer||$500||$500|
This second proposal will be open separately in the Sputnik DAO and is for requesting funds to sponsor the Hacktoberfest Brazil, to have NEAR as an entity helping the event to be accomplished, impacting more developers and hackers.
- Estimation of ~1000 participants during the entire month
A brief look at Hacktoberfest events:
- Blockchain Day
- Front-end with Substrate (Lauro Gripa, Murilo Oliveira, Alan Fachini)
- Acala, Polkadot and Kusama (Dan Reecer)
- Juarez Machado NFT launching (Important Brazilian artist)
- NEAR Week
- Introduction to Rust - workshop
- Introduction to Ruby on Rails - workshop
- How to use a 3D printer - workshop
- How to launch a homemade rocket - workshop
- What is open source e how to help - talk
- Python day - talk + workshop
- Programming Marathon (Santa Catarina State University)
For NEAR to be one of the sponsors they are looking for $1500 that will help:
- Paying the platform for the event (Gather)
- Paying speakers and event organizers
- Paying social media and marketing (posts booster + arts)
The benefits of being a sponsor are:
- Have the NEAR logo on the Hacktoberfest Brazil website
- NEAR being mentioned in every event as one of the sponsors
- Spread even more the NEAR ecosystem