[Closed] Web3 Thamizha DAO Funding request for September 2022

Council Members:

Target: web3thamizhadao.sputnik-dao.near

Total Requested Funding Amount: 1500 USD in NEAR

September Plans & Projects:

I guess you guys agree that august month wasn’t an easy month for us to sustain as a DAO inside the NEAR ecosystem, right? I mean, it was the month we lost our first DAO grand opportunity.

We had to deal with a lot of instability in August, but I think September month will be a good time for us to try something new. We’re going to do a NEAR student ambassador program. We also going to do a series of webinars/workshops with some of the top-ranking engineering colleges in Tamilnadu (India). I hope we came up with new ways to engage.

I’m excited about this NEAR student ambassador program because it will be a chance for us to talk with college students about what we do inside the near ecosystem and more about web3 generally. We’d also like to hear their feedback on how to onboard college students in the NEAR ecosystem.

As a NEAR protocol student ambassador, they’ll be representing the far future of Web3. they will be participating in the near ecosystem to help improve and evolve it. In the near future, we’re committed to making the web a more transparent and democratic place. We want to make sure that all of our users, regardless of their ability or background, can participate in the technical aspects of Web3 and contribute to its evolution through their own ideas and contributions.

Budget:

• 200 USD in NEAR to 10 Student ambassadors for different colleges ($20 x 10).
  • 1000 USD in NEAR to conduct Student ambassador IRL in Chennai (INDIA).
  • 150 USD in NEAR/DAI for event collaterals & social posters.
  • 100 USD in NEAR to create a satori account for wallet creation.
  • 50 USD in NEAR for a social giveaway contest.

Final Products

• 10 Student ambassadors from 10 different colleges in Chennai, Tamilnadu (INDIA).
  • Strong south Indian student community with different skillset (Dev, Artist, Write & more).

Web3 Thamizha DAO Links:

I guess that wraps up everything else for September! If there are any questions or comments, leave them below!

4 Likes

Hey @0xkshatriyan
Thanks for your proposal, however, it doesn’t follow our guidelines. Moreover, your actions are not focused on art/music creation on NEAR and implementing NEAR tools in the artist’s life, therefore I find your proposal not suitable for Creatives DAO support.

Perhaps, you would be interested in contributing to NDC (NEAR Digital Collective) as I find your objectives aligned with its vision and mission!

2 Likes

Hi,
Thank you for your interest in making web3 reach more Indians, It’s a big market and any help is propagation of decentralised networks and NEAR is very valuable.
However from your proposal, its not at all clear how the funds will be used.

Can you please share a detailed plan of these events?

4 Likes

Due to the lack of connection between music, art, poetry and activities focused on artists, this proposal doesn’t fall under scope of the Creatives DAO, therefore community mods decided to close it.

1 Like