[PROPOSAL/Withdrawn] VR interface for berryclub for vr-dao

This is a proposal for funding a new VR interface for berry club, by the VR-DAO for the Hackathon.
We wish to build an interface to farm on 3D generative planets in a universe Created in a similar way to this, single planet could be then sold changing some details to the berry cards interface and smart contract (jilt.near is certified near protocol developer) as image NFTs (bounty for the Hackathon) and VR experiences in a second step as suggested by renderedflesh.near

Wish to have the first 20 planet minted for the Hackathon, with a bounty of 50 near each, for a grandtotal of 1000 near for the Hackathon bounty to vr-dao.sputnikdao.near
Some preview images has been placed in the createbase somnium parcel together with the interactive interface by naturalwarp.near

We wish to reward the development of the interface with the same amount of money established by the main nearcore bounty, 4000$ and we wish to have the first generative interface on mainnet by the start of the Hackathon. So it would be awesome to have the first half of this patent on the jilt.near wallet soon so that I can start working on this next Monday.

2 Likes

Thanks for the proposal. I checked out the parcel in Somnium and it looks really cool. Also checked out the upper level screen and designed a little planet.

Some questions:

1. What is the total funding amount being requested for this proposal (in NEAR)?
  2. If the VR-DAO is building this platform, will the payout target be “vr-dao.sputnikdao.near”?
  3. It seems like you are creating a generative art minting platform in VR, but the purpose at the top:

doesn’t seem to be in line with the rest of the proposal. Is this proposal for berry club? Or is it for the generative art platform?

It’ a completely new platform, based on the berryclub smart contract, built to step into NFT VR experiences by building an NFT market and a farming community like the one of berry club.

1 Like

Total funding requested in near is 1730 near (4000$ + 1000 for bounties)

Berry club is the previous milestone we wish to build upon, I really hope this idea for minting vr experiences will be the boost out creative community deserves!

1 Like

Seems like a great way to encourage engagement with VR for people taking part in the hackathon by rewarding them with bounties for minting these planets. Was great walking around in Somnium Space and checking out the different planets too! I haven’t used berry club but a new VR interface sounds exciting. Really interested to see how NFTs could be used as tickets for further VR experiences!

2 Likes

Thank you for the additional details.

$4000 USD (730 NEAR) to add NFT minting to the virtual space in somnium sounds really cool.

Usually bounties are paid out after the work has been completed on a project unless additional funds are needed up front. We go through proposals on a weekly basis and will note next steps here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

Some additional questions to support council members decision making:

What is the plan for the NFT minting? Do you have a contract ready? Is it in rust/as? Will you be minting with a 3rd party platform (Mintbase/paras/other)?

1 Like

We wish to fork the smart contract from Berryclub and will be probably using bananas and avocados too, at least for the hackathon, DAO website is up and running btw:

https://jilt.github.io/VR-DAO/

Will start working on the minting platform on monday

1 Like

Seeing that you didn’t answer to this proposal, neither refusing or approving, here or in the telegram chat I will bring it down from the website there’s absolutely no reason for me to stay in the council, renderflesh will be able to develop this part by himself.
Have a nice weekend your all!!!