[CLOSED] Thespians DAO December 2022 - January 2023 Content Creations and Social Media Management Funding Request

This will be a great impact to the community Keep up the good work

2 Likes

Tagging @Dacha and @marketingdao-council for a review.

Content → Video → Interviews → $1,300 x (2 months) = $2,600

KPIs: Monthly distribution of 180 NEAR Customized Gift Items;
Production of High Quality Audio-Visual Coverage;
Live location comic & Enticing interaction between NEAR crew & potential New NEARians

Goals: To share NEAR educational materials to University Students who would be educated and onboarded

Metrics: Onboarding of 20+ New NEARians each month and Generation of NFT Materials for minting and promotional activities.

Social media → Instagram → $100 x (2 months) = $200

KPIs: Creating three or more posts per week + several stories, connecting with related pages and refining the targeting audiences, searching for and publicizing the initiatives our community partners are promoting

Goals: Grow social media engagement, producing content with links that will lead to the NEAR ecosystem

Metrics: Go from 114 to 314, then 314 to 514 followers

Social media → Twitter → $100 x (2 months) = $200

KPIs: Creating two to five posts and retweets per week in order to increase our visibility and attract new audiences to our activities

Goals: Grow social media engagement, producing content with links that will lead to the NEAR ecosystem

Metrics: Go from 30 to 60, then 60 to 90 followers

Social media → Telegram → $100 x (2 months) = $200

KPIs: Moderating the group chat, connecting with artists, helping community members and newcomers with their questions about the NEAR ecosystem, sharing the projects and events of Thespians DAO

Goals: To grow Thespians DAO Telegram account, keep up with it’s activities and engage new NEARians.

Metrics: Go from 151 to 166, then 166 to 181 group members

Social media → YouTube → $100 x (2 months) = $200

KPIs: High quality Audio-Visual contents upload and engagements.

Goals: Feed and grow YouTube channel with the videos produced; and manage contents

Metrics: Reach 1k views in our content during each month

TOTAL REQUEST:
$3,400

TARGET WALLET:
roxytheentertainer.near

3 Likes

Nice proposal keep up the good work :muscle:

2 Likes

Four days from today will make it the end of November, I would love a review from @marketingdao-council so that we can be able to meet up with milestones and the Universities before they close for Christmas break.

Tagging @so608 @satojandro @Klint
@Dacha @cryptocredit @David_NEAR for visibility

4 Likes

Hi @Roxy thanks for your proposal and your understanding during the pause in funding.

The DAO is actively working to clear the backlog of proposals.

I see that you have adjusted your proposal, but before i can support it would be useful if you could complete this form .

To assist you please take a look at the new Marketing DAO proposal funding guidelines .

2 Likes

Hello @cryptocredit thanks for those soothing words.

I appreciate the works you all have been doing to keep the Ecosystem going and spreading the good news of Web3.

I have filled the form as required by you, please endeavor to let us know of any other requirements or details, thanks and Happy New Month to you!

3 Likes

Hello @cryptocredit and @Dacha

We have also updated the proposal to cover from December 2022 to January 2023 as November is gone already.

We understand your workload, thank you for the response.

@marketingdao-council

2 Likes

Hey @Roxy thanks for the proposal. I look forward to reviewing your submission via the form (I am unable to access it at the moment due to a log in issue or would have reviewed prior to commenting here).

You are obviously passionate and up to very creative work. The concern I have with your proposal is in how it aligns with the NEAR Foundation KPIs we have as the guiding “north star” as we allocate funding.

They are:

• NF KPIs to track progress:
    1. New Projects
    2. Active Apps
    3. Weekly Active DAOs
    4. Active Wallets
    5. Increase overall education, reach, and drive positive traction in the market

I am not seeing the correlation between what you’re building and those KPIs. If you’ve explained that clearly in the form, no need to elaborate here, but if you did not do that in your submission, I would like to know more about how your project helps accomplish 1-5 above. Thanks!

3 Likes

Thank you very much @so608 for the above encouraging reply.

I would give this reply to the best of my knowledge; in relation to my experience in entertainment and content promotion.

In view of NF KPIs to track progress, I will relate the impact of our projects to the following:

1. New Projects - This is really the first time NEAR Ecosystem would be launching a NEAR VOX POP Project, and I’m glad it’s coming from the stable of the Thespians DAO. We have full trust on the potentials of this project and it’s onboarding strategy in contributing to NEAR 5 Billion Users project.

2. Active Apps - Our projects would promote the usage of Mintbase as we would teach students how to mint their works on Mintbase and make some money. We will achieve this through updates on our Handles and write ups on our customized gift items. Our contacts would also be there for further inquiries and follow up. When you watch our videos on the NEAR Vox Pop, you would see animation of how to mint creative works too.
    We would also teach onboarded peeps and crew members (as we always do) how to access the Astro DAO and request their payments during the projects.

3. Weekly Active DAOs - Part of the reasons we “need” media teams to handle our social media handles is because we have outlined activities but have not been able to actualize them because of work load only on the DAO founders. This is the breakdown of the activities they would handle on our Telegram:

The media teams would start with the ones that do not require rewards, and gradually see to the active programs of each and every one of the lists as time goes on.

4. Active Wallets - We are onboarding over 40 people and opening new wallets for them all. Not putting into accounts those that would get to know about NEAR wallets through our customized items and promoted contents on YouTube and other of our social media handles.

5. Increase overall education, reach, and drive positive traction in the market - Our goal is to promote NEAR through our contents and hit our targeted audience as we promised on the proposal above. The outcome of my team will speak for itself. Reaching a targeted views of over 2k on YouTube and 40+ live onboarded audience will give us the privilege of teach them about NEAR Protocol, NEAR wallets creation and how to mint on Mintbase.

This is our goal, and I pledge successful results when the Marketing DAO give us a chance to prove our abilities :pray:t4:

Thanks

Cc:
@marketingdao-council

Tagging @Klint and @satojandro for visibility

5 Likes

This is indeed Amazing! :heart:

1 Like

Hello guys! Have you filled out the form https://tally.so/r/wgbAWK ?

2 Likes

Hello @Dacha yes we filled up the form 2 days ago.

Happy New Day to you from over here :blush:

2 Likes

@so608
I’m tagging you to this reply for visibility. Thanks alot

1 Like

Hi @Roxy
Very creative initiative! This is definitely a cool passion project that allows artist to create with limitless potential.

Unfortunately, due to the new KPIs @satojandro mentioned we’re not able to fund projects that don’t have any direct ties to the growth of Near or the ecosystem.
Wish you the best,

Klint

1 Like

Hello @Klint Thank you for seeing our positive journey.

Please @so608 asked us to relate our proposal to the KPIs which we did.

Let me kindly tag you to the post

2 Likes

@Klint

This is a new guideline, and we are building into it as part of the community.

We clarified the relationship between the new Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to our proposal on this particular comment on the thread.

Hope this would be able to redirect you and aid in seeing reasons with us.

Gracias

2 Likes

LET’S TAKE A LOOK AT THE THE GUIDELINES

• Assessment by M DAO:

1. Does this project create an inspiring, vibrant community that makes people want to join?

Let me give you a sample of what we intend to achieve, may be you will get to understand the concept more:

We shot this for pulse TV as far back as 2019. It gets youths involved and so fun to interact with. This time around we are not talking about “shine”, we are talking about “NEAR & Crypto”, by asking students some witty questions relating to Web3, we bend their neck more towards seeing the values we create in NEAR PROTOCOL.

They would want to know about us, they would want to join, so we onboard them!!!

1. Does the project promote core qualities, characteristics, and progress about NEAR that can educate and inspire others to take action?

We are meeting you and teaching you about the Web3 and some areas you may not know. Universities in Nigeria are fertile grounds for NEAR Community to grow; I’m not just saying… I’m declaring fact. Students would learn how to mint, what NFTs are, and how to trade on the NEAR PROTOCOL. The only two popular cryptocurrency here are BTC and Eth; no other better way than us going to meet them and them seeing it directly from their Alumni that these things work.

1. Is this project providing value to other builders and projects in the ecosystem in ways in which it accelerates their growth?

We have outlined weekly activities to keep the Ecosystem busy abd carry new NEARians along. I know alot of active members that have been onboarded from our activities, we have always done more than we promised. And they are building on the go!

Hello @Klint hope your KPIs imbibed in our success structure, thanks

2 Likes

Hi @Roxy have reviewed you proposal and really like the creativity in your plans.

I have also read your follow up comments and appreciate your points, however i am reluctantly unable to support your request. In the current market conditions we have had to make some hard choices on which projects to allocate funding. Please feel free to resubmit in the future.

2 Likes

Thanks for your proposal Roxy.

Marketing DAO paused recently to review and the conditions for funding new projects have been stated very clearly on the latest guidelines. These guidelines have been developed with and reviewed by NEAR Foundation.

Unfortunately I am unable to support this proposal as:

The core of the project is not sufficiently related to NEAR

There are a few indicators that lead me to reach that conclusion;

• Thespians is a creative collective with great artistic output
  • All the content in social media is related to this creative output with sparse mentions of NEAR
  • Content in social media us thus promoting the creative work and seeking to grow the Thespians community first, NEAR second
  • There are prizes for drama competitions sponsored by NEAR, which is very far outside of our scope

I want to acknowledge that while the community can leverage and benefit from the NEAR tech stack, and there may be ways to collaborate, this is sadly not enough to meet the current thresholds.

2 Likes