[APPROVED] The Penmanship Guild June Funding

Project Proposal: Connect the Coast NEAR Tape Vol 1.

Treasurer : ConnecttheCoast.near
Council: ConnecttheCoast.near & ChornijBlack.near

Members :
Duwop.near
DBANKS.near
DJBrothaC.near
JayReilly.near
Hititmrbutter.near
NikoChochise.near

Target : ctc-dao.sputnik-dao.near

Total Requested Funding Amount : $5,000

Summary of last month’s activities

Our approved April proposal

Projects & Timelines : The Penmanship Guild educates independent artists on how to conceptualize, produce, market, distribute and promote musical releases from the early production and writing stages to the final album release and event, our 3 phase plan will cycle every 6 months.

PHASE I ( Jan - Feb ): Writing and producing music
PHASE II ( Mar - Apr ): Strategy and distribution
PHASE III ( May - June ): Marketing and Event Production :arrow_left:

TPG in conjunction with Connect the Coast will partner with independent black and brown artists from Califonia’s central coast to attend a writing camp, produce and release a 4-10 song original EP complete NFTs, and host an official hybrid IRL/metaverse event to celebrate and promote the project. February’s funding came later in the month so we’ll be combining February’s and March’s activities to try and stay on schedule to host our event by July at the latest. In March we finalized the audio production portion of the project and hopefully wrap the filming of the “Good Day” music video. We’ve secured an exclusive sponsorship with our local radio station KWWV Wild 106.1 San Luis Obispo (100,000+ total listeners) please see last months report for sponsorship details and benefits.

3 Likes

Hey @Connectthecoast , we moderators have decided to advise this funding be redirected to the month of June because (a) it was submitted 10 days after the deadline and (b) we have an upcoming update on Astrodao that would not allow time for the poll to be voted through regardless. Thanks for your time and looking forward to hearing from you next month.

Remember to update your Astrodao following the guidance posted in the telegram chat also.

1 Like

Is there anyway to dispute? The only reason the submission was late is because of how long it took the council to vote for my proposal and send the reward. I’m being stalled because of the mechanics of the DAO not my own actions

Hey @Connectthecoast , I appreciate that it’s a difficult task to manage the timing of the funds but it is built in in our guidelines here, and as moderators we must make a call on that, as we do for all other DAOs in the Creatives DAO ecosystem. Thanks for your patience and feedback.

Hey @Connectthecoast , seems like you have two different reports linked above. It would be great to have one that is fully up to date. Could you also give the “Web 2.0 PR” and “Project Finale Venue deposit” there own projects with some more details about the funding? Thanks

1 Like

I’ve linked to the web 2.0 PR plan but the Project Finale Venue Deposit is just a deposit to rent the venue in which we’d like to hold our event. I’m not sure how to go into more detail about that?

1 Like

Nice proposal!

Do you have any group chat like Telegram or Discord, where community members could stay in touch with you? It’d be awesome!

I love your idea with the NEARtape. I assume that you will enter Creative DAO address into the splits, could you please tell where do you plan to mint it?

I saw on your proposal that Creatives DAO will receive a profit share from your event, have you considered a Mintbase ticketing tool? You would be able to automate profit share from the sales of tickets.

2 Likes

Thank you, I just found about mint tickets so we will be using our Telegram link is in the over all tape proposal

2 Likes

Hello Hello! Reviewing now partners.

As we transition as a community and prepare ourselves to give bigger reports back to NEAR Foundation for the metrics of our Creatives DAO Community, we would like to ask if you could add in a section at the end of your proposal around your expected metrics for success. This can be things likes number of participants expected, what outcomes, which/how many products, etc. Basically consolidating your outcomes into metrics. This will make it easier to relate to those number when you make your next report and when we make a larger report for the community as a whole.

2 Likes

@Connectthecoast thanks for clarificaiton and edits, Happy to say that this proposal follows the Creatives DAO Guidelines, so it is approved by the Community Moderators. Please create a poll on the Creatives DAO astrodao [link: Astro ] so that the council can vote. When and if the vote of the council is ‘yes’, approach NF for your payout proposal, following this guidelines: [GUIDE] Proposal & Payout process for Creatives DAO

1 Like

Hi Fritz,

This will actually help our DAO as well happy to oblige moving forward thank you!

1 Like