[Closed] Tama Island Metaverse Events

Project: Tamago, a music streaming/NFT hybrid platform built on NEAR

Funding scheme: Monthly

Proposal for Funding - TamaIsland DAO

Members: @JohnX , @coyotefugly , @clarian

Requested Amount: $3,000

Target Address: tamaisland.sputnik-dao.near

On behalf of the Tamago project, a music streaming initiative soon to be deployed on the NEAR blockchain, I am making this proposal to the Marketing DAO to request its support for funding the Tamaisland DAO to fund the performances/events hosted by Tamago in the NEAR Hub metaverse. The metaverse space where we host the events is called Tama Island, and exists in the official NEAR Protocol metaverse, NEAR Hub. These meetups and virtual performances are intended to invite and engage artists and performers as launch prep for its music streaming platform, unveiling in stages in the coming months. The Tamago platform’s soft alpha launch is coming Feb 24th and artists are able to sign up to be a Whitelisted artist and get early access to test its features. There are currently 32 artists on the list.

The members of the Tama Island DAO seek to use these events as a pedestal for engaging artists with the Tamago initiative and also use it as a means of getting to know patrons who will be early adopters of its technology. Hosting these weekly gatherings enables artists to engage with founders, as well as fellow creatives and enthusiasts. As the Social media engagement grows and flows into the Tamago Telegram channel, newcomers to the project enter in and are immediately invited to join us at the upcoming metaverse event that week, which started out as once a week Friday meetups with DJ duo who call themselves U.N.I. They partnered with us in December and began streaming a two hour set into Tama Island, hosting and shouting out the Tamago project, and making it an immersive experience by adding their presence into the environment. Tama Island is a space where people can engage and get a sense of the community Tamago is organically building, introduce their creative work and see how they might get involved.

The Tamago community has grown quickly over the past two months from the increasing amount of interaction we create on social media and via the metaverse events, which are a huge source of discussion in the Telegram channel and attract a lot of hype. Due to this growth, we created the TamaIsland DAO, as we now see it necessary to increase and incentivize the patronage and activity at these events, especially in anticipation of the platform launch. We will use the metrics of recording number of attendees and recollect and make note of direct connections made with artists at the events (the live engagement is encrypted due to the privacy aspect of NEAR Hub’s metaverse). One way to measure our milestones will be to excite and attract performers who will then become involved with Tamago and avid users of the platform. The goal is to gain between 100-200 artists/people as users of the Tamago platform, and the networking, education, and enthusiasm will be in great service of attaining that.

This year, Tamago has had events on Tama island with a number of artists which are listed below:

In a bid for awareness and invitation for engagement, Tamago requests the funding support of the marketing DAO for incentivizing artists and performers that would be showcasing in future events listed below:

• Weekly Friday meetups with DJ performance from U.N.I
  • Open Mic Nights - the first one will be hosted on Feb 15th, and will become a recurring Tuesday event
  • Guest performances from SWIRVE and one other live performer that is TBD
  • Audio-Visual installation by @zeitwarp on March 1st

The funding requested will be used to compensate the artists we host on the Island, incentivize more artists to get involved, and compensate the DAO council members freedoandflow.near and coyotefugly.near for coordinating and hosting the events. Justification for this project is in the might of the essence Tama Island provides to the Tamago project. The founders and community builders wish to cultivate a community easily accessible by artists and relevant creatives in the NEAR Ecosystem through the web3 tools we can access by being on chain and not gatekeeping - an avenue that will inevitably lead creatives to choose NEAR. The mission of Tamago is aligned with NEAR’s mass adoption mantra and desire to bring Web3 awareness, which NEAR Foundation will bring forth through supporting projects like Tamago and it’s community building efforts. Its a “go” on all levels!

Budget Breakdown for March 2022

$1,000 - 4 Friday meetups, $250 for each of U.N.I’s 2 hour DJ sets

$600 - 4 Open mic nights - $150 for each event to be used as incentives for performers

$200 - Zeitwarp audio visual installation

$400 - 2 live performances (SWIRVE & TBD)

$400 - compensation to freedomandflow.near aka John X for hosting live events & DAO management

$400 - compensation to coyotefugly.near for coordinating & scheduling all live events, and DAO management

Previous successful proposals for funding granted to the Tamago Project: https://gov.near.org/t/tamago-proposal-a-decentralized-protocol-for-musicians-on-near-x-humanguild/9321

Link to Tama Island: TamaIsland-Gatherings | NEAR Hub Online

The Tamago family looks forward to the encouraging response of the Marketing DAO.

5 Likes

Good evening. Looks good, but I think the proposal is more fits for Creativities DAO. Dave @David_NEAR what do you think about it? Thanks…

1 Like

Hey,

I agree that this does seem more tailored to the Creatives DAO for funding as, in its current form, it doesn’t align with Marketing too much IMO.

That said, would love to hear from @MktngDAO_Advisors on this - they’d have more clarity for sure.

1 Like

I agree this seems more appropriate for the Creatives DAO in its current form. If the request was for funding to increase marketing activities around the events – for example, to create social media content, interview the artists and publish it so it reaches people outside the Tamago community, etc. – then I could see a connection to marketing.

2 Likes

I’ll add my “ditto” to the mix. Try putting it in the Creative DAO. Definitely seems like a fun event.

1 Like

Solid proposal!

Unlike some of my fellow Council members, I do believe that this proposal can be channelled through the Marketing DAO. While there aren’t any hard boundaries, and ultimately all the funds are coming from the same place (Foundation Treasury) I do believe it would be useful to outline a subtle difference:

• I believe projects eligible for the Creatives DAO have something more than just ‘creativity’ (all marketing campaign should be high in creativity too!). Creatives DAO, as I understand it, is there to fund and work directly with artists as they experiment and explore Web 3, work on their craft and grow.
  • Marketing DAO is much more broad - to fund any passion projects or initiative than can accelerate the rate of adoption and growth of the NEAR ecosystem. As such, it seems to me that the expense being comprised mostly of artists is not that much different from any other type of contractors that may reasonably be engaged as part of a marketing campaign.

I would strongly support this proposal as I believe it satisfies all my criteria:

• The campaign would help promote Tamago as a platform, strategically engaging it’s key partners (Artists) and increasing the base of end-users
  • This is a cross-platform campaign: by hosting Tamago events on Near Hub we are also promoting Nearhub as a metaverse, resulting in 2x1 growth of platforms built on NEAR.
  • Very strong narrative and awareness: both Tamago and Nearhub are excellent examples of the technical capabilities of NEAR. Even if a user does not attend an event, we start to build a reputation around what NEAR can do, hopefully attracting more ambitious builders and users over time.

In short, this is a simple proposal that for a relatively low amount of money creates a TON of value for the entire ecosystem.

I would support pushing this proposal through without further delay over referring it to the Creatives DAO. However, if ti were to be referred to Creatives DAO, most of the reasoning above still holds as future reference for other proposals. @marketingdao-council @MktngDAO_Advisors

3 Likes

Thanks all for your feedback! Our original plan was to present this to Creatives DAO as well, but because there is a proposal window there, was wanted to explore other options. While these events are for marketing, networking, and community building purposes, I can see these concerns as valid and will put in the proposal elsewhere tomorrow.

Thanks again for your time and consideration!

5 Likes