[Declined] Starting a Flow Near Treats and Drinks

Hey!

I love the enthusiasm of this proposal. However, it’s not something the MarketingDAO will be able to support (IMO) for a number of reasons:

• The amount requested is far beyond the scope. We have a soft cap of $10k right now.

• This, to me, appears to be similar to a request for seed money for a business. We exist to enable projects, Guilds, and individuals building on NEAR to achieve success with their marketing strategy. I think this is really out of scope.

The team from crypto beer requested something akin to this, which was declined (although other funding alternatives were suggested):

5 Likes

Will NF be the owner of the restaurant?

@Mr_free. What a intended was a partnership of some sort between I and Near.
I felt it will be a sort of awesome ground for Near. People tend to have a soft spot for the finger that feeds them…

@David_Near thank you,for your reply.
I think I was just blown away by my progress in a short while and my imagination of what Near and I can achieve together. Besides, if you take time to go through the proposal, you will realize it wasn’t just about starting a restaurant. There is another phase ‘The Culinary Club’. I could have come up with a short and quick project that will still help to on board many using my my current arrangement. But when I saw a whole world of opportunity for Near and I, I decided to give it a shot. Besides, better to be turned down than never asking.

1 Like

@Mr_free the way the initiative was designed was that, it was to be the start of a Culinary DAO, proceeds from the restaurant was to go the ‘Culinary DAO’. Of course I will be getting some sort of compensation for my efforts.
The proceeds from the NFTs and magazine was supposed to be shared by @Marketing DAO and the ‘Culinary DAO’.

If it’s a partnership, what the other side could propose to the Near ecosystem?!

The Near Ecosystem provides you all tools to create DAO, the marketplace for NFT.
You can start to sell your NFT and get a profit.

1 Like

I don’t understand this question.

Actually, great idea. It’s very similar with City node project , except restaurant building.

2 Likes

Sorry, but your proposal looks like sponsorship for your business and airdrop for your clients.
I didn’t see any value for Near Ecosystem.

1 Like

Hello Hello ! Yeah, I was requesting $1600 to start a community business :vulcan_salute:

I believe the best way right now is the entrepreneurship program from Near University :cowboy_hat_face: where @Jloc applied to.

@FabDab Welcome ! How are you ? Good to share ideas, thank you, I will give you my feedback:

• There are a lot of restaurants right now, and Crypto Beer project for example is a way to bring awareness and an experience so the restaurant can receive payments with crypto and then choose to keep receiving Crypto on daily basis.

• I believe you should make yourself a name, like start contributing on small causes first and keep growing together with the community, so later you can ask for a Grant.

Wish you the best in this new route, cheers :beers:

3 Likes

I believe you can open “The Culinary Club (NFT)” and use Crypto Beer model for funding from Marketing DAO.

Good luck.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:the way things appears can be amazing. Airdrop is an effective way for pulling crowds, its like paying for adverts. People love free things. You don’t want to imagine the way words will fly around the community when people hear that they can get free money, all they have to do is open a Near wallet, with a added advantage of eating for relatively cheap. You only need to taste of my meals to know where I’m coming from. When I start to cook, the whole Community is suddenly monitoring when I will be done with cooking. Now I’m bringing it at a cheaper rate, there will be a massive flood of new and operational wallets.
The truth is I don’t want it to sound like I won’t be benefitting from this project. The truth is I only feel it will be an honour, and my humble service to bring Near into it. In just two months of starting, I know the progress I have recorded. In my own little way, as a way of giving back to the community, I could do some info graphics… But I wanted that I didn’t miss represent Near, there’s a popular saying ‘the way you are dressed, is the way you will be addressed’. I just felt a loud presence will look better on Near.

@Fritzworm Thank you so much.

Thank you so much! This was helpful.

1 Like

Thank you for your proposal; unfortunately I don’t see the alignment to our mission: developing our ecosystem and supporting projects to acquire users and meet their goals.

It would be good if we start defining some common terms, for example"

• promotional campaigns
  • partnerships/sponsorships
  • Organization of IRL meetups
  • educational campaigns
  • community growth campaigns
  • execution of marketing strategies

All of which need to be clear on:

• who is it targeted to,
  • who gets the benefit of a successful delivery,
  • how success is measured and how is reported back to the community.
2 Likes

The restuarant was supposed to be on a everyday promotional campaign with near info graphics everywhere on the premises, and a help desk people can go to ask questions. Workers are to always appear in Near customised uniforms.
The Culinary Club was to be sadled with the responsibility of coming up with educational campaigns, Community growth campaigns and projects, execution of marketing strategies. I gave a brief explanation in the proposal.
The target are first the people in my community, and Nigeria as a whole.
The success is to be recorded b the number of wallets thatare opened and continues to be operational. And the number of people I will be onboarding through the Culinary Club.

1 Like

OMG $71K
Don’t MIND but you are helping the ecosystem or just looking to set up your own business? It is more like temporary growth. If you stop doing anything after sometimes, it will be your personal business/benefit because you can earn good from this restaurant without putting $1 from your pocket because the whole funding will be provided by NF.

1 Like

I already have my business, in all honesty, I will also profit alot from it, if it is sponsored by Near… I brought the ground plan because I felt it will look good on Near. A very loud presence. I wouldn’t dare stop doing it after sometime knowing just how much Near Protocol would have invested. The truth is, my intension was that everything used in the restaurant would have Near customized on them to include the walls…
The Culinary Club would have seen to organizing more Community projects to the benefit of Near.
Have you checked out how fast Solana grew, one of the secrets is that they spent so much on airdrops for NFTS project. You will see them giving rewards for activity contest to the tune of a thousand dollars. On an NFT discord server, you will find up to 15k members. How do you think they do it?

1 Like

I’ve been reading through this thread, and while it is clear that the council has (or plans to) declined this proposal at this stage, I wanted to offer feedback in case it is helpful in the future for anyone who is reading this.

I think one thing that is happening with many proposals that I am reading is laying out a budget that combines regular operational expenses, infrastructure/equipment expenses/capital improvements and marketing/branding activities. The Marketing DAO exists to fund community marketing activities.

While it is true that, to function well, most business initiatives will need funding for each of those areas, those funds can’t come from a single source like the Marketing DAO.

From a marketing perspective specifically, what gives me confidence is seeing not only the great, creative ideas, but also very clear details on how the proposer plans to execute the marketing activity, how the activity will be tracked, how the activity will be reported and what metric exists for activity so it’s possible to gauge performance.

For example, if someone has a goal of increasing awareness of the Near protocol and growing an audience, I think it would be helpful to see:

• A member of our team will engage and post 3X daily on [whatever platform]
  • We will submit a monthly analytics report that shows activity.
  • Initially, our goal will be to [e.g. increase follower count, increase impressions, increase number of people on a Discord…what is the specific action you want people to take].
  • We are starting with [number of followers, members, sign-ups, impressions].
  • In our first month, we seek to grow this by [specific number, percentage].

This is probably TLDR so I will include in future posts, but tying the numbers to things is what makes success more possible to achieve. For example, a fairly standard metric in email marketing is for ~1.5-2% of an email list to convert to a sale. So if you have a list size of 1K engaged people, then you can bet about 15-20 will buy from you if you promote something to them. If you want to increase your sales to 30-40, you know that it’s necessary to double your list size. And that will allow you to focus your marketing activities on what matters most for any given outcome.

Again, offering these thoughts more generally and not exclusively to this proposal.

4 Likes