[Approved] September 22 Social Media and Marketing Budget for the Mascotz project

Mascotz is a gamified Fanclub, where Fanz have direct access to a star and community with the ownership of their verifiable Fanclub membership in the form of a Mascotz NFT. Fanclub experience is gamified as the Mascotz NFT is a customisable PFP avatar with traits and rarities. Fanz can engage with their Mascotz in a variety of ways to increase its overall rarity. A Fanz Mascotz NFT defines their role and status within the Fanclub community and the benefits from the Mascotz ecosystem including rewards and gated access to certain events. Every star that we bring into the Mascotz ecosystem will have their own Mascotz Fanclub and signature NFT. The star identifies an animal centric Mascotz to represent his or her brand and their community. For project launch, we have access to several football stars and musicians whose fan bases span UK, European and Global audiences. The Mascotz NFT project will be hosted on the NEAR blockchain/protocol.
The world needs it because legacy social media platforms used to foster fan relationships (e.g. Twitter or Instagram) often have low engagement (1-5%), activation rates and fan activity. The emergence of Web 3.0 technology offers stars and brands a direct route to their fan base through digital fan engagement and gamification. Mascotz is a direct-to-fan relationships platforms, sometimes called a “Fandom Platforms”, which aims to improve experiences for stars, brands, and followers alike, enjoying more freedom and retaining more control. The creation of this unforgettable fan experience allows the star to strengthen the relationships with fans, sustainably build a community and generate new revenue streams.
Mascotz is a modern-day fan club where ownership of a NFT unlocks digital experiences, fan rewards and exclusive real-life events.
Project Name: Mascotz
Twitter: @mascotzfanclub
Discord: Discord

Funding scheme: One-time
Expected impact and value you foresee for the NEAR ecosystem/community
The founder members of this project run one of Europe’s leading sport consultancy agencies, Epic Global Sports (epicglobal.gg) and work with elite footballers and International rightsholders on esports and gaming commercial partnerships. Leveraging off the access we have as individuals, we created the concept of Mascotz, a gamified fan club that will offer stars the chance to build a strong community around their mascot, gamify that community and provide real life fan rewards. The concept whitepaper was created after consultation with a group of 20 athletes and musicians, who all see the project potential and are excited by the opportunities it offers. We’ve established respected and trusted direct relationships with our chosen elite athletes and musicians. We hold a unique position of trust; directly representing, advising, and consulting for Talent with a combined global audience more than 60 million.

For our proof-of-concept launch (Q4 2022), we are targeting a star with 500k Web2 followers. We’re conservatively looking to onboard 5% of these followers onto the stars Discord fanclub (25K). These will be airdropped free gated channel access tokens using our NEAR partner, Satori.Art. Fans that participate in the free token drop will have their NEAR wallet automatically set-up. We conservatively estimate that 50% of these fans will participate in the free drop (12.5K).

To access the fan rewards channel, each fan will need to mint their Mascotz NFT. This process is now made easier as they can use their pre-existing NEAR wallet. We conservatively estimate that 50% of these fans will participate in the Mascotz avatar minting at launch (6.25K). The minting at launch is incentivised as the Mascotz NFT will have ‘special’ traits. The Discord channels or mint is not time limited so we believe that with marketing and Discord engagement, we can continue to grow the community over a 12-month period.

The fanclub is a yearly subscription-based model, so if fans want to stay in the fanclub, they must mint a new NFT each year.

After the successful launch of Mascotz#1 fanclub, any stars or brands fans can be represented by a Mascotz. Every star that we bring into the Mascotz eco system with have their own Mascotz Fanclub and signature NFT. New launches will be targeted each year using the Mascotz developed ecosystem build on NEAR.

Metrics for measuring success and timelines

12.5K new NEAR wallet integrations by end of 2022 with an additional 8K new NEAR wallet integration by end of Q1 2023.

6.25K new NFT holders on the NEAR ecosystem by end of 2022 with an additional 4K new NFT holders on the NEAR ecosystem by Q1 2023.

Links to similar, previously funded forum proposals (if applicable)

N/A

Funding Details

5K USD

Proposed budgets.

$1.5K/month for 1 X Discord Community Manger and 2x Discord Community Moderators for 2 months

$1K Twitter upgrades, marketing and promotions

$1K Website upgrade

NEAR Wallet ID / DAO

Fuzzcuzz.near

Wallet owner’s name

Denis O’Sullivan

Fuzzcuzz.near

2 Likes

Hi.
Which sports stars are you currently working with? Many of the statistics described in the offer relate only to your assumptions, meaning 50% involvement. By manufacturing a large amount of product, in this case NFT, the value will be lost. The annual production of NFTs increases the number of NFTs, making them unnecessary. Why should fans choose you instead of the official accounts of sports stars on Twitter and Instagram? You offer the work of intermediaries. How will your NFT created as a ticket to your community help for the Near ecosystem?
Thx :blush:

1 Like

Hi.

Which sports stars are you currently working with?

Some of the stars that Epic Global work include a mix of soccer stars and musicians and are detailed here: Epic Global Agency - Who we work with

Many of the statistics described in the offer relate only to your assumptions, meaning 50% involvement.

Yes, we believe that this is a conservative estimate assuming that most fans are non Web3 native. But we know from a recent Nielsen survey, that 52% of esports fans and 39% of sports fans say they are aware of crypto tokens. 24% of sports fans also express an interest in NFTs. Given these stats, we hope to attract more than our estimates.

By manufacturing a large amount of product, in this case NFT, the value will be lost. The annual production of NFTs increases the number of NFTs, making them unnecessary.

The Mascotz project and the resultant product is being marketed as a fan engagement product rather than a NFT product. The ownership of a mascotz NFT, is a fan’s membership to the fanclub community. Stars want to onboard as many fans as possible into their communities and don’t want the NFT cost to be price prohibitive. So the more the merrier! We are gamifying the experience meaning that the more a fan engages with their NFT, its value could appreciate.

Why should fans choose you instead of the official accounts of sports stars on Twitter and Instagram?

This is a direct relationship platform which offers an alternative to legacy social media and empower fans with direct access to stars and their community with the experience of being part of an exclusive community within a fan club. Their very own personalized gateway, complete with offers and rewards tailored to them. It gives them their own unique slice of their beloved star, as well as bragging rights among their fellow supporters.

You offer the work of intermediaries. How will your NFT created as a ticket to your community help for the Near ecosystem?

The Mascotz NFT is a customisable PFP avatar, so differs from some of the more common generative PFP NFTs. We are in discussions with potential partners from within and outside the NEAR ecosystem. Potential partners that we have introduced to NEAR are very excited by it! When fans are onboarded, we intend to use the fan engagement platform to introduce and educate them to NEAR and web3.

I am attending NEARcon next week, so if you are there please look me up! My mail is: denis@mascotz.io.

Hi.
Thank you for the detailed answer. You are right in what 52% are saying now or are familiar with cryptocurrency. Most of them know this because of BTC and the collapse of Terra. And our task is to spread Near, attract new users. New users are not owners of 1 NFT per year. New users are the people who will be part of the ecosystem, not necessarily developers. I have not found a full-fledged answer in your proposal to the question: “How will your proposal help the ecosystem increase the number of users?”, "Why should we choose your NFT projects and refuse others? "

P. S. Jesse Lingard?Really? Good work :blush:
P. S. S. I forgot the main question. Are you going to sell NFT? What is an acceptable price for your NFT? Given your forecasts for the involvement of people through the NFT, you can make good money.
Thx :blush:

1 Like

Hi.
Thank you for the detailed answer. You are right in what 52% are saying now or are familiar with cryptocurrency. Most of them know this because of BTC and the collapse of Terra. And our task is to spread Near, attract new users. I have not found a full-fledged answer in your proposal to the question:

“How will your proposal help the ecosystem increase the number of users?” New users are not owners of 1 NFT per year. New users are the people who will be part of the ecosystem, not necessarily developers.

The onboarding of new users using NFTs, allows us to capture an audience to allow for further education of the ecosystem including NEAR products, dapps and metaverse experiences. For example, NFT owners can buy and sell their assets on a marketplace, so we will need to educate them on the use of marketplaces, whether it’s a shop front on mint base or introducing them to Few and Far. We are excited by opportunities that other potential partners could bring, for example https://www.iindyverse.com/ could introduce our fans to the metaverse and the marketing opportunities that exist.

"Why should we choose your NFT projects and refuse others? "

I can’t compare our project to others because we all have different purposes for applying for this grant. You must judge them on their individual merits. This project proposes to use NEARs ecosystem to build a fan engagement platform. A major part of this is to seamlessly onboard non-native web3 people to the platform and then educate and introduce to the web3 world. We believe one of the biggest obstacles is the setup of a web3 wallet. NEAR makes this easier than other protocols. One solution which is being offered by Satori. Art is to airdrop membership tokens to fans which would mean each participating fan would automatically have a NEAR wallet thus completing the first steps to the web3 world!

Are you going to sell NFT? What is an acceptable price for your NFT? Given your forecasts for the involvement of people through the NFT, you can make good money.

This will depend on the star and if they want to onboard as many fans as possible or to have an exclusive club. Typical football fanclub memberships range from $20-$50 per year. Other possible revenue streams are marketing opportunities to the fans within the club.

Good evening. I have never heard about your project. Did you recently receive a grant from Near Foundaton? Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Dacha,

Yes we received a grant from the Near Foundation which started in June.

Denis

2 Likes

Ok, happy to support.

1 Like

Hi @Denis
Thanks for your proposal, I have some questions:

1. You mention that your NFTs give fans “Digital Fan Engagement” and an “unforgettable fan experience.”
    Can you please elaborate on what exactly they mean and the format of the two above?

2. Can you please provide a detailed breakdown of the channels and deliverables (what is the actual work that you’re doing) for the funding requests?

• $1K Twitter upgrades, marketing and promotions
  • $1K Website upgrade

What are the upgrades???

3)The funding for a community manager on discord and moderators (monthly) is usually significantly lower. Please review some of the other approved proposals.
Given the following on twitter, how much moderation is needed for a brand new community without any members?
I cannot support at these price points.
$1.5K/month for 1 X Discord Community Manger and 2x Discord Community Moderators for 2 months.

The link you’ve provided for your discord is invalid.

1. Please bear with me on this one. It’s hard to stipulate this type of thing, but I’ll ask anyways… In your proposal you reference Epic Global Sports as Europe’s leading sport consultancy agencies. Given what I can gather from the website, who is the 2nd leading agency in this vertical?

Looking forward to seeing your response.

Hi Denis, thanks for your proposal.

I’m excited to see more projects building on NEAR and launching.

There’s a couple things I’d like to understand more before deciding:

• The Twitter seems to be bare bones; very few followers and no posts.
  • The website is not loading, it displays an error.
  • The scope of the NEAR Foundation and expected milestones.

Would you be able to elaborate more on the Marketing Strategy or if you are going to get outside help to assist in the Go-to-market? Community resources are in high demand and we want to ensure that projects receive them at the right time when they can generate the most value possible.

Hi @Denis also awaiting your reply to the points raised by @satojandro and @Klint

Hi @Denis
Thanks for your proposal, I have some questions:

You mention that your NFTs give fans “ Digital Fan Engagement ” and an “ unforgettable fan experience .”
Can you please elaborate on what exactly they mean and the format of the two above?

Hi Klint

When I was young, fan club communications was done by letter. Even now, most junior football clubs communicate with their fans by mail and email. Digital in this sense means the fan club, the fan experience and communications will be on mobile and desktop applications. The Fanclub community, or fandom platform, where fans can engage and interact, will be built using a fan engagement platform. Initially this will be Discord until more Web3 friendly platforms are developed. We are looking at developing our own fan engagement platform, but this is not on the short term roadmap.

The digital fanclub experience is gamified as the Mascotz NFT is a customisable PFP avatar with traits and rarities. Owners can interact with their Mascotz NFT like how Tamagotchi owners interact with the handheld digital pet. The more you interact, the better the traits and rarities. The traits and rarity of your Mascotz NFT defines a fans role and status within the Fanclub community and the benefits from the Mascotz ecosystem including access to different reward tier levels.

Can you please provide a detailed breakdown of the channels and deliverables (what is the actual work that you’re doing) for the funding requests?

$1K Twitter upgrades, marketing and promotions

$1K Website upgrade

What are the upgrades???

We hope to launch a proof of concept of our project in Q4 this year. The deliverables for this proof of concept are as follows;

• Full development of Mascotz website with integrated NEAR wallet complete with links to socials and discord.
  • Design of 1st Mascotz NFT to include 5-character expressions and wearables sets.
  • Avatar builder game to allow fan to customise their Mascotz NFT.
  • Announcement of the 1st star for Mascotz#1 fanclub launch.

The proposed funding is to allow for social media support and marketing at launch of Mascotz#1. Website upgrades means integrating the various aspects of the supporting Near ecosystem into our website including wallet set up, mint of Mascotz, display of Mascot NFT on website, a Mascotz Marketplace to allow for purchase, sale and transfer of Mascot assets and a Rewards page.

3)The funding for a community manager on discord and moderators (monthly) is usually significantly lower. Please review some of the other approved proposals.
Given the following on twitter, how much moderation is needed for a brand new community without any members?
I cannot support at these price points.
$1.5K/month for 1 X Discord Community Manger and 2x Discord Community Moderators for 2 months.

The link you’ve provided for your discord is invalid.

The purpose of this grant is to help with Mascotz#1 launch with the announcement of the 1st star. The community we expect to attract is the fans of the star, rather than fans of the project! Therefore, we haven’t focused on promoting the project at this stage and hence the low twitter followers. We intend to officially launch our socials and discord at the time of the Mascotz#1 announcement.

The quote for Discord support was given from an Ireland/UK based support team so there maybe opportunities to look further afield for cheaper quotes. The type of moderation will depend on how many languages to be supported based on the stars fanbase.

The Mascotz discord is intended to be the central location for all the Mascots star channels. The launch of other fanclub channels (Mascotz#2, Mascotz#3 etc) will be within the Mascotz discord, hence mangers and moderations will work across all channels.

Please bear with me on this one. It’s hard to stipulate this type of thing, but I’ll ask anyways… In your proposal you reference Epic Global Sports as Europe’s leading sport consultancy agencies. Given what I can gather from the website, who is the 2nd leading agency in this vertical?

I’m not sure of the relevance of this. Can you provide more detail on the purpose of you question?

The Twitter seems to be bare bones; very few followers and no posts.

Please see the answer to Klints question above. Let me know if you need more clarification.

The website is not loading, it displays an error.

Please make sure it’s the correct link: https://www.mascotz.io/

Make sure it’s a ‘z’ instead of an ‘s’ at the end of Mascotz.

The scope of the NEAR Foundation and expected milestones.

Please see the answer given to Klints question above. The longer-term roadmap includes a the development of a fan engagement platform and a no code solution for anyone to host their own fanclub using the Mascotz proprietary software is being developed for this project.

Would you be able to elaborate more on the Marketing Strategy or if you are going to get outside help to assist in the Go-to-market?

We intend to use the resources provided by Epic Global for our go to market strategy. The funding request will be used for the promotion on Mascotz#1 on across social platforms.

Community resources are in high demand and we want to ensure that projects receive them at the right time when they can generate the most value possible.

The ideal time for us to receive this funding would be just before the announcement of the Mascotz#1 star. We are hoping that this may happen with the next 4-6 weeks. The funding would allow us to put the infrastructure and supports in place to capitalise on the announcement and the go to market strategy.

Let me know if you have any other questions or feel free to contact me directly.

Hi @Denis – thanks for the proposal. I think this sounds like it has a lot of potential, definitely an interesting project, and it gives me confidence to see you’re coming to this with an established network of artists and athletes.

One concern I have about this proposal in its current form is the funding request for the web site upgrades and dev, marketplace creation – shouldn’t that fall under the product build out and integration and as such be covered by the NF grant funding?

The other amounts requested are reasonable to me – happy to support to see how this goes. As an aside, I recently watched the launch of a Web3 esports/fantasy game via the VC firm I work for, and they were able to sell out their mint. Building an audience in the lead up to launch and engaging them with preliminary activities, incentives etc. was crucial to gaining traction, and they also had a number of high profile people involved with the launch. To the extent that you can start marketing and growing audience interest/enthusiasm now, I’d consider doing so as I think you’re right that a lot of audiences in this space are going to need education and help onboarding especially for a new project…

Hi so608. I appreciate your feedback and advice. I think one of the main benefits of applying for a grant through the marketing DOA is meeting great people in the space, thoughtful questions and the great advice that is given! On reflection, perhaps the budget request for the website upgrades may be better used for SEO optimisation and search engine promotion.

We believe our project development approach differs from many projects being developed in the web3 space. We are fortunate to be able to bring stars and fans to this space and to build the technical solution that they need rather than initially trying to build a solution we believe that they want! So whilst we can make people aware of the project, we want to road test it first before we market it to a wider audience, hence the soft launch marketing approach.

Hey @Denis Thanks for the reply – if you can update the proposal to include SEO/search promotion as a possible use case for the funding instead of Wed dev, then I can support this.

You still need the support of one more council member for approval.

Hi @Denis i have noted the replies to questions by fellow council and am willing to suppport.

Moving to Approved. Please make a Poll on Astro - include target wallet and amount in Description.

Fantastic news guys. I really look forward to bringing you on our journey. We are very close to announcing our first star so I may see some of you in the fanclub!
Denis

Hello @Denis ! Your proposal has been approved, but you haven’t created a pool on Astro DAO…

1)Proceed to Poll on AstroDAO.
2)Once the poll is approved, you need to submit THIS form Ironclad.

How to create a poll? Here is instruction.

Have a great day :blush:

H,

The poll can be reviewed here; https://app.astrodao.com/dao/mascotz.sputnik-dao.near/tasks/polls and monies were received.

I can now share the good news that we have a product launch this December which the marketing DAO allocation is being used to promote.

Black Santa is a world of characters telling contemporary stories that reflect cultural change to inspire future generations. Black Santa is the first character in the digital collectable series. His mission is to celebrate diversity, the joy of giving and the magic of good. Created by 2-time NBA all-star, Baron Davis, Black Santa was created to guide children into a magical world of untold possibilities. It’s a world filled with enchantment, adventure, and positive characters of color.

https://fewfar.com/launchpad/black-santa-digital-collectable-near/

Regards,
Denis