[Approved] Sep-Oct-Nov-Dec 2022 Argentina Guild Marketing Budget

Hello dear NEARians! This is Turco, Head Of Marketing of NEAR Argentina. Here we have our last proposal for the rest of the year and our report of the previous approved proposal for the Near Argentina Guild.

This is our last report:

Metrics/KPIs to track results

• Increase NEAR Argentina Telegram Group to 500 members (425 active members).
  • Increase NEAR Argentina Twitter to 1500-1700 followers (1400 active followers).

How will we get there?

1. Research articles about every top project on NEAR
  2. Latest News and Updates in Spanish.
  3. Produce Content about NEAR in Spanish.

Funding Details
For all of this we are proposing a 2500 usd quarterly payment scheme.
The funds will be used to promote the socials and the moderation of them.

The wallet for the funds to be delivered will be to: turco.near

2 Likes

Great proposal Turco, lets keep working and building in the Argentinian community. Full support with you here :muscle:

2 Likes

Happy to support! Thank You :blush:

3 Likes

Hi.
Is $2,500 just for moderation? How many people do you have in your team at the moment? How much does a certain moderator get for his work?
Thx :blush:

2 Likes

Hi.
4 months. So this amount is requested only for the moderators of the channel and social networks? Thx :blush:

1 Like

Not only the moderation, also creating content. See our last report of what we have been doing :blush:

2 Likes

Hi.
Now I understand your work and what you are asking for the amount for. You’re doing a good job. I wish you productive attraction of new users.
Thx :blush:

2 Likes

Sounds so good :blush:
NEAR is grow fastly for every day!

1 Like

Thanks for the words @pathfinder :heart:, we want to continue working with the beautiful community of Argentina, they are excellent people.

2 Likes

Please always provide links

I am very curious to learn more about NEAR Argentina. We have identified Argentina as a massive region with a lot of potential for growth and I am actually personally planning on going there and spending at least 1 month on the ground after Dev Con in Colombia.

Few notes:

• When assessing ‘low value’ proposals, we must be careful not to drop standards. Having familiar knowledge of the economic crisis in Argentina, I know that $2.5k is actually a fair amount of money (full time wages). So, how much time is required to perform these tasks what value is the NEAR Ecosystem receiving?
  • The KPIs need to be revised and be more ambitious. Covid is over; I’d expect to see at a minimum in-person meetups, partnerships with universities, developer certification, projects created in the region, wallet/user metrics, etc.
  • Content creation in Spanish is not differentiated (there are plenty of sources now in the language). See above for examples of what activities should be engaged in.
  • The amount of funding is proportional with impact. Argentina has Regional Hub potential (Big Funding). I am willing to consider much higher funding but need to see action

In its current form, I do not support this proposal

2 Likes

Hi @Turco thanks for the proposal – I agree with @satojandro that the KPIs and growth demonstrated need to be more ambitious. In a quarter, I would expect to see hundreds of new members engaged on social – we are in a phase with the ecosystem where it is not enough to put out content. There must be engagement, growth and evidence of new users, wallets, developers onboarded in order for it to make sense to allocate MarketingDAO funding to projects.

That said, I can support this for one more quarter. This will give you until the end of the year to re-focus efforts and try to figure out what will create more growth and traction in your region, which is one that has a ton of potential for the ecosystem overall.

I would recommend contacting social media and marketing growth experts, researching new growth strategies, experimenting and building collaborations with other stakeholders so you can see improved growth and traction during the next quarter and secure future funding.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @nacho.near thank you for your proposal.

Whilst i agree with he comments of fellow council members, i am willing to support for another quarter. I believe it is important to see growth and development of regional hubs and hope you and your team will look into the possibilites.

Moving to Approved. Please submit a Poll on Astro.

3 Likes

done! Thanks everyone to making this possible :heart:

1 Like

Hi everyone! Any news here?

Hello, not yet. Have a great weekend!

1 Like