[REPORT] Script for a web series

Hello team,

we would love to have this project be part of the first batch of projects approved by the NEAR Writers Collective, for the month of March.

Team: Our team is @frnvpr, who is a literary writer and scriptwriter, and @hevertonharieno, who is a director.

One-liner: Develop the script of a 6 episode web series, the first to be produced inside the NEAR ecosystem.

Description:

We will write a webseries developed from the ground up, to be displayed on NEAR-related platforms.

This will be done from March to end of April.
When the webseries script is complete, funds will be requested from different DAOs and structures, in order to take this project to completion, specially CUDO DAO, which has almost a year working on audiovisual projects in the NEAR ecosystem.

The initial support is directed at the writing process, which is, generally, under-supported in initiatives like this.

Requested amount: 800$ (one time)

Thank you all, and specially @Aria for helping the writers community grow.

:pray: :pray: :robot: :robot:

20 Likes

That will be an excellent opportunity to create the first ficcional serie using the NEAR brand.

Here we go writers <3

5 Likes

It will be sensational, looking forward to it​:clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4:

4 Likes

Let’s go ! So cool ! Hey curious what do you love to write about ?

All the best with the project

3 Likes

hey :slight_smile: heverton has a project about mental health. The first draft looks promising, looking forward to work on it.

4 Likes

This is awesome, great idea rapazes! :rocket:

3 Likes

Wonderful project, my friend.

One thing I asked everybody is about the timeframe for the project. Could you split the timeframe in milestones, for us to know more or less in which date which part of the project will happen? When each episode will be written? When all the episodes will be written and delivered? How delivery will occur? By minting the text? Or just when CUDO DAO finances the audiovisual part of the project? Could you mint the texts in order to build a milestone that is independent of CUDO DAO?

How much money are you requesting for your writing process, and how much for episode? And how much is being requested by episode to Heverton for the job of direction? And is he directing your writing process? Or is he going to be paid to do the audiovisual part financed by CUDO DAO?

Are you going to request a full payout proposal in the end of all tasks, or are you spliting in milestones according to the episodes?

2 Likes

Hello, thank you :slight_smile:

• The timeframe looks something like this:

[March and April] The 5 episodes will be written by both me and @hevertonharieno.
[May and June] Pre-production. Both Cudo DAO and Incubadora will engage in funding rounds, either by adding this project to the monthly proposals or any other funding mechanisms. One thing we are thinking about is creating some sort of crowdfunding system, offering different products (or levels of access) related to the webseries.
[July-August] Shooting the 5 episodes.

• Minting the script with royalties being directed to the Writer’s Guild is something we would do with great pleasure, as we are fully aware of the enourmous amounts of projects this Guild will support in the future, plus we want to contribute to the self-suficience of the Guild, and generating royalties is a nice way to contribute.

• This value is going 100% for the writing process. The current script is really old and has lot’s of holes in it. Any $ directed ate the pre-production and/or filming of this project will be raised from other sources.

• Milestones for this specific proposal are, therefore, purely focused on the writing project. Success would be achieved by having 5 10-15 minutes episodes of cinema-quality material.

• Further compensation to the writer’s guild can be discussed (like being featured in the credits of the webseries or even getting access to specific NFTs created from it’s material - not only written material but also audiovisual)

Thank you for you interest in this project.

3 Likes

Liked it very much, friend! I also liked that you just sent us a metrics to success. Very good. Thank you. We would love if further compensation is given to our DAO, as use of our future logo in the credits, or the NFT you told. We are very opened to such compensations, and, for me, we are very pleased to sponsor your project.

2 Likes

Fantastic and thank you for the kind words.

If the council of the Writer’s Guild approves our proposal, we can establish a roadmap of ‘compensations’ to the Writer’s Guild.

As with any project that is made outside of the NEAR ecosystem, we feel it’s more than fair to look at this relations (proponents and DAOs) from a mutual benefit point of view.

:pray:

2 Likes

I love this web series idea fam, looks wonderful to me Lfg :smiley:

3 Likes

hello,

I will ask 72.48 N divided in 2 moments ( 36.24 each) one now and one after the report.

2 Likes

Uaaaaau!!! So nice!!!
I’m also developing a web series and I think is amazing that NEAR can support projects like this!!! :heavy_heart_exclamation::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I think you can start your project, @frnvpr. :smiley:

You can request a payout proposal in the begining of the project of half of the resources. Please, use this converstion for rate for your requests.

100 usd = 9,06 N
250 usd = 22,65 N
500 usd = 45,30 N
750 usd = 67,95 N
1000 usd = 90,60 N

Please, make a report in the end of this month, in the middle of the project, telling that you received half of the resources and what you have accomplished so far; and please make another one in the end of the project, in the next month, with all the products you produced, and, after the approval of the report on the forum, the payout proposal.

You can request now 36.24 Near (400 usd) and the other half when you complete your project. For all the people in the project, please they should ask themselves for their payment. For all the resources spent in FIAT, you should provide an invoice and the transaction link, as a proof that you have done this. We thank you for your project. [this is a basic text edited to this proposal]

2 Likes

Sounds great. Already looking foward to reading the script. :bookmark_tabs:

2 Likes

hello all,

this is the report for the month of work regarding this web-series script.

We had, so far, 6 meetings of 2 hours each. (8th, 10th, 15th, 17th, 22nd and 24th of march)

• During the first 2 meetings, the previous version of the script was discussed, pointless characters were cut and the most important ones were redefined, and we worked on a general structure. We decided that the web-series will have 5 episodes, 4 of them focusing on the 4 central characters, and one interlude, in the middle.

• The next 2 meetings were used to write the synopsis and create a basic treatment of the story.

• The final 2 meetings were used to work on specific scenes for the first and second episodes, with some scenes for all remaining episodes being outlined.

I’m adding here 6 documents, 1 for the treatment and 5 for the episodes. These are all works-in-progress.

tratamento.pdf (36.3 KB)
Episodio 1.pdf (45.7 KB)
Episodio 2.pdf (34.6 KB)
Episodio 3.pdf (34.6 KB)
Episodio 4.pdf (32.4 KB)
Episodio 5.pdf (33.3 KB)

In the last 2 meetings of this month, we expect to have at least the first draft of the first 3 episodes done.

That ends the month’s effort, to which we requested support.

During the first 2 weeks of April the first draft of all 5 episodes will be done.

The second and subsequent drafts will be done from June onwards, after @hevertonharieno had a time read and re-read everything and do some story-boarding.

@ the council: @beet93

• The second payout should be done now or when the final draft is delivered, in about 2 weeks?
  • What kind of NFTs or other engagement do you want to pursue?

Thank you all.

11 Likes

The support by writers guild was essencial to do it. Thank you =)

6 Likes

Wonderful report, @frnvpr. I am not in the council anymore, but as far as I know, you just make another report in the end, your final report. I am deeply curious to click at the links you posted. I am doing this right now. :stuck_out_tongue:
So productive!!

3 Likes

Oh, man, I’ve just read it. Congrats for you both! I am really excited!

2 Likes

Thank you! A lot of work to do still, but we feel it’s going in the right direction :slight_smile:

2 Likes