Contact name: @sevenvision

Project/Council Members: @sevenvision, @queenblessings, @Ashelseasunz

Target address: sevenvision.near → rebel-wise.sputnik-dao.near

Current Balance (NEAR): 111 NEAR

Funding period: June 2022, Monthly

Total Requested Funding Amount: $3000 USD in NEAR

Report from May

Hello Creatives,

Continuing our progress from last month, we are currently in the process of completing a music video called Children of the Sun , aligned with our release goals, to continue to build our audience and develop our artistic offerings for NFTs, with new releases in Web3. This is part of a series of music videos that are in alignment with our values of delivering dope-transformative music to uplift our communities and the next generation with life-affirming messages and dynamic storytelling.

Budget & Projects: $3000

• $600 - Music video editing
  • $1000 - Video production, one full-day shoot
  • $100 - Video production project coordinator
  • $120 - Additional cinematography and general assistance
  • $300 - Performer compensation: $100 x 3 performers
  • $80 - Lunch and fuel for performers and crew
  • $800 - Council Work

Metrics for Success:

• 1 music video completed: Children of the Sun.
  • Creation of 4 new Rebelwise NFTs.
  • Bringing on 1 new Rebelwise DAO member, providing education and introduction to the NEAR ecosystem and Web3.

Additional Goals:

• Continued education and transition of current members into mentorship roles.

Thank you @creativesdao-council :blue_heart: :fire:

1 Like

pls complete the previous month milestone inorder to receive grant from upcoming month,

Also Request to Add Metrics for success in your proposal

3 Likes

We are still in-progress with completing the overall Children of the Sun music video.

Our previous month’s milestones of: video production, video editing and graphic design have been completed.

The proposal states we are “in the process of completing projects… focusing on completing our 5th music video… This (proposal) will allow us to move forward with completing our project.”

It doesn’t explicitly say that the project would be complete by that month but will be moving forward towards completion.

A music video of this scale production can be an extensive creative process and we were not able to get working immediately after the proposal was approved because – this being our first proposal, we’ve had a bit of a learning curve with understanding the approval process and payouts. We wanted to ensure we would be able to pay collaborators and it looks like the NEAR was received on May 20th. We now we have a better understanding of this process and are providing education with our team for how to receive / transfer / convert NEAR.

We plan to complete the video this month and be able to share a private viewing link for moderators in the progress report next month (before releasing publicly).

I have added metrics for success to our June proposal.

We can be more clear about specific milestones moving forward.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you!

1 Like

hey, @sevenvision so just to clarify this proposal is for the same video from the last month children of sun?

2 Likes

Yes, this proposal is for the same Children of the Sun video, into completion. :blue_heart: :fire:

1 Like

hey @sevenvision

this is from last month’s Proposal, where you requested 1200 USD for Editing and yet you request $600

Also, For Video production, it was requested already last month, yet again requested.

Finally only 30% of the total requested funds can be utilized for council work. Request to edit.

Also, Pls Share the Socials for Rebelwise

Hey @Monish016 the funds for this month are referring to another video shoot and editing to complete the project, that will be done in addition to the video editing and production that was done last month. So we are not asking for funds for the same video shoot and editing but another production day and more editing work. When the video is complete it will exemplify both production shoots.

Does this follow the Creative DAO guidelines or are funding requests limited to completing the project within the month?

Thank you for the info, I will adjust the council work to be once we clarify what the total request is, as related to my previous question.

Our Rebelwise socials:
Instagram
Facebook

1 Like

Now, am Confused by this

NO, it is not that, but yet stil 5K for a single video music production is huge and considering the value output to the community as a whole is not equivalent.

i would take my fellow moderators suggestions here

cc. @creativesdao-council @Cryptonaut @williamx @blua

1 Like

Hello @sevenvision,

Seeing the amount proposed in May and the May report, I can see there was no product delivered.

From May proposal, the goal was to complete the video

Note that the final product of May in your report is important, it will measure the success of May’s proposal and demonstrate the value it add to creatives community. Let alone if you actually had a product, but there were limited sign of traction, it will also affect the decision for June proposal.

Unfortunately, It’s a no from me, sorry.

3 Likes

Can you please provide a definition and/or example of “value output to the community as a whole”?

Is that referring to the NEAR community or communities in general? Such as the communities that our music video is intended to reach.

I am interested in learning. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @williamx OK we can finish the music video with the material we have, without additional production, and show that in completed form before requesting more funds. Thanks for the information and we can be more clear about our initial proposal, moving forward.

yes, it is referring to Whole NEAR and Creative Community, Also, I would suggest requesting funding for other initiatives to onboard rather than spending 5K for a single Music video. It is still no for me. Thank you

3 Likes

Hi @williamx if you haven’t seen our latest report, here is the completed music video.

Hi @Monish016 our budgets are reflective of the level of quality craftsmanship, as exemplified by our past music videos and this recently completed video. From my experience of producing over 30 music videos, our budget request is fair, as related to the final product. Industry video production companies would charge a higher budget for a similar level of quality and visual storytelling.

In addition to our contributions of high-quality art, we can look to fund initiatives that involve onboarding, as we continue to offer value output to the NEAR / Creative community as as a whole.

Thank you.