[CLOSED] Rebelwise DAO | August Marketing

Peace and blessings @marketingdao-council and NEAR community!
Below is our marketing proposal for the month of August.

Here is our report from last month, July.

DAO: Rebelwise DAO Introduction

This month we are following the release of our our fifth professional-quality Rebelwise music video (proposal), Children of the Sun, released in July, was our first project that was supported by the Creatives DAO community.

This past month, we have launched our social media and have been promoting consistently, especially utilizing our newly completed Documentary Short + Behind-the-Scenes teaser video to accompany our new music video. This content will contnue to be used to promote our new music video release and album.

We are continuing forward with our goals of reaching new audiences, building our fanbase and community, while carving a lane for our unique niche (Hip-Hop medicine and liberation music). Our music and movement introduces new audiences into the Web3 space, with potential to collaborate with the NEAR community, especially aligning with the essence of sovereignty and building community.

These are our goals and marketing approach for the month of August:

• Continue to utilize our new music video, accompanying documentary and behind the scenes videos to introduce our music and movement to new audiences.
  • Mint our 2nd official set of NFTs.
  • Research and connect with Spotify playlisters / curators that may be interested in our specific niche.
  • Submit our new music video to at least 10 music video festivals via FilmFreeway.
  • Engage our collaborative network with a sharing campaign packet.
  • Create a bold new logo, as we continue to evolve our online presentation / visual aesthetic.

FUNDING SCHEME: Monthly

Rebelwise DAO is mainly working with Instagram and Facebook accounts (launched in April, 2022), our new Youtube channel (launched in July, 2022), our new Telegram channel (launched in August) and an email newsletter of 1200 subscribers.

@sevenvision is the lead creative director, @queenblessings is the assistant coordinator / social media manager and @jackie_c is the video editor of REBELWISE.

Currently we have the following content channels:

METRICS

At the time of writing this proposal, Rebelwise DAO has the following metrics:

These 4 platforms mentioned will be our main focus this month.

POSTING / CONTENT RELEASE PLAN (AUGUST)

• 4 posts on our Instagram and Facebook (2 images, 2 videos) + at least 4 stories per week
  • In addition to our new content, we will organize past content (behind the scenes, lifestyle and creative process) and set up to be posted in the following months, to maintain consistency.
  • Submit our new music video to at least 10 music video festivals via FilmFreeway.
  • Mint our 2nd set of NFTs and post / announce on our social media account.

We are aiming to reach the following numbers by the end of August:

• Instagram: 134 followers (+16)
  • Facebook: 245 followers (+17)
  • Spotify monthly listeners: 175 (+11)
  • YouTube: 43 Subscribers (+10)

This proposal is for the month of August. During the coming months, we will analyze the work done to determine the best strategies for the future.

REPORT OF PREVIOUS MONTHS

FUNDING DETAILS FOR AUGUST

• $400 @ $100/week: manage the Instagram and Facebook accounts (3 posts & stories per week)
  • $220: Creation of new promotional graphics + creation of short video clips for social media
  • $240: Media content organization and preparation (6 hours @ $40 / hour)
  • $140: Research and communication with Spotify playlist / curator opportunities
  • $250: Art / graphics for new NFT set
  • $250: Creation of new logo
  • $300: Submission to 10 film festivals (music video category) on FilmFreeway ($30 average cost x 10)

TOTAL IN USD: $1800
NEAR Wallet ID / DAO: sevenvision.near through @sevenvision

Thank you :blue_heart: :fire:

REBELWISE DAO
Website
LinkTree
Instagram
Telegram Channel + Group

1 Like

Good evening, could you please give me more information about the approved transfer?

What kind of coordination , work ?

Thank you!

1 Like

Hey @sevenvision,

Just trying to understand, it appears you’re posting identical images across these two accounts:

The two proposals seem identical in many places:

And (this proposal)

Before we dig too far into this. Can you please explain?

2 Likes

Hi @Dacha that coordination work for the month of July included: establishing council, teaching meetings to prepare for onboarding new members, setting up Satori and minting our first Rebelwise NFTs.

Also, those funds were from the initial stage of the DAOcubator program, not from the July marketing DAO funds – because we still haven’t received the funding from our previous approved proposal.

1 Like

Hi @Klint
There are 2 identical images on the Rebelwise and Seven Vision IG account posted recently because Seven Vision produces the music videos for Rebelwise and both promoted our recently completed video, Children of the Sun.

As you can see from prior posts, Seven Vision and Rebelwise do different things and appeal to different audiences.

Rebelwise is a transformational Hip-Hop crew and Seven Vision is a media-production studio specializing in documentaries and educational content, especially highlighting indigenous wisdom, as well as organizing events / community gatherings.

I am a member of both DAOs, I am the main coordinator of Rebelwise DAO and @queenblessings is the main coordinator of Seven Vision.

Regarding your comment that “The two proposals seem identical in many places” – I am not seeing anything identical, but similar approaches to manage Instagram and Facebook accounts, create original promotional graphics and research in their respective fields, all of which seem like common practices.

These similarities seem insignificant considering that we are focusing completely on different overall goals and projects / releases.

1 Like

Could you please share a grant proposal for DAOcubator program?

Our grant proposal was submitted to the DAOcubator program of which we have already been accepted to and we are in the process of completing Phase 1 as outlined in the DAOcubator Program - Phased Workbook.

1 Like

Thanks! Did you receive $300 just because you created a DAO, an account on the forum, and attended on Near event?

Wow. Easy money. Who is the person you have communicated with from DAOCubator? I want to jump deeper into the program.

Thank You

1 Like

DAOcubator deliberated on that initial funding amount and feel justified in it.

1 Like

Thanks for your proposal,

I’ve had a glance through your website but cannot find any mentions to NEAR.

In its current form, I am unable to support this proposal.

I do not believe it is the best use of NEAR Community Funds to fund individual projects where most of the growth is captured solely by the project without any meaningful connection or impact w NEAR.

1 Like

No from me. Thank and have a great day.

Hi @satojandro, thanks for your response.

Example of

Everything you see on the website was built prior to any support from NEAR.

Up to this point, we have not received any funding for our marketing. Our first budget proposal for July was approved and our Astrodao poll approved but the funds never came through.

We never had access to the funds during this period and no one has been paid out for the marketing work that we did.

Our first project that was supported by NEAR was in May-June via Creatives DAO. Within the video description itself, there is mention of NEAR as well as much of the associated social media posts.

We are currently in that transition process and moving forward, we can promote near as a proud community member, with the marketing that NEAR supports.

Hi guys – thanks for the proposal. At this time, there are too many questions and uncertainties about this proposal for me to support it in its current form. I recommend working with the funding you’ve already received, using the approved funds you have requested from the previous proposal via Creatives and coming back and resubmitting in the future one you are have progressed through your transition more and have established more of a foundation.

You have not received support from the majority of the council, so I am closing this proposal out.